Grocery shopping

Options
Im leaving to go grocery shopping and I need help. What can I buy that's super super super healthy

Replies

• Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    Go the produce aisle and go crazy!
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options

^yup!
  • Kincar
    Kincar Posts: 601 Member
    Options

^this

I like quinoa too.
  • Pankakefacebetch
    Options
    I don't like most vegetables
  • Cherishanne
    Cherishanne Posts: 50 Member
    Options

Perfect! I'm off to the produce aisle myself!
  • busymom50
    busymom50 Posts: 29
    Options
    skinless chicken breast,produce produce produce, cottage cheese if you like it. I love a half cup low fat cottage cheese mixed with half c sliced pears in juice. I also have changed from white bread to Arnolds 100% wheat sandwich slims. 100 cal. I actually have been inspired to try ground turkey and veggieburgers but haven't done it yet. Good luck!
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Dont buy ANYTHING that has a ton of preservatives!

Try

Dried beans ( all kinds! )
    Fresh or Frozen Veggies
    Lean meats
    eggs
    Skim Milk
    Almond (unsweetened) milk ( if you like it)
    Whole Grain bread

Check nutrition label info and stay away from High calorie packaged/prepared foods!
  • Kait1215
    Kait1215 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    then lots of fruit, sugar free jello, brown rice, 94%fat free popcorn ,skinless chicken breast, low fat yogurt, these are my staples
  • rocketmouse
    rocketmouse Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Plain yogurt! Absolutely plain. I add fruit and cinnamon and honey or cereal or something.
  • Pankakefacebetch
    Options
    I only like cauliflower and.from eating it everyday I'm beginning not to like it . Don't like cottage cheese and I already eat grilled chicken for dinner every night.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    chickenstrip.gif

P102078616312.jpg

_wsb_221x191_2009FallProduceBoxes.jpg
  • tmoyer1209
    tmoyer1209 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I love greek yogurt. It is yummy and has higher protein count per serving size. Also love fresh fruit, and salads, and lean meats. No lunch meat or hot dogs, the sodium kills me!
  • rookmb
    rookmb Posts: 84
    Options
    Stay on the parameter of the store and try to avoid going down the aisles. Fresh fruits, veges (frozen is good, too), skim milk, yogurt (watch the sugar), low fat cheese, lean meats - especially lean ground turkey and fish.

If you don't like produce, it may be a good time to try it again. Try a baked sweet potato or get a lowfat wheat pizza crust and make a veggie pizza. Just try something new every week until you find something that you really like. Good luck. :)
  • Pankakefacebetch
    Options
    Why is the chicken. Pole dancing?
  • dogdaze
    dogdaze Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I only like cauliflower and.from eating it everyday I'm beginning not to like it . Don't like cottage cheese and I already eat grilled chicken for dinner every night.

Sounds like you are in a rut. Hate to tell you but maybe it is time you tried some of these other foods again with an open mind. You can eat things that simulate processed foods but are said to be "lite" (many seem to be packed with artificial sweeteners, salt and things I have problems pronouncing) and/or you can try and eat simple healthy foods! Try some different cooking techniques and flavorings. Broaden your horizons! Maybe you can find something new you like.:smile:
  • ciaoella
    ciaoella Posts: 10
    Options

How do you prepare your cauliflower? Is it the same every night? And you don't like ANY other veggies prepared in any way? Not lettuce, carrots, spinach, any kind of greens like kale or beet tops or chard, or things like fennel, eggplant, peas...? There is literally so many kinds of veggies out there and so, so many ways to prepare them that there has to be something else you find palatable.
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    chickenstrip.gif

Chicken strips heh heh
  • Pankakefacebetch
    Options

How do you prepare your cauliflower? Is it the same every night? And you don't like ANY other veggies prepared in any way? Not lettuce, carrots, spinach, any kind of greens like kale or beet tops or chard, or things like fennel, eggplant, peas...? There is literally so many kinds of veggies out there and so, so many ways to prepare them that there has to be something else you find palatable.
    I just eat it raw I don't like to eat stuff out bv off natural state and no I don't like any of that stuff and everyone says I need to try them again but I do all the time
  • smashleymcgee
    smashleymcgee Posts: 135 Member
    Options

I just eat it raw I don't like to eat stuff out bv off natural state and no I don't like any of that stuff and everyone says I need to try them again but I do all the time

Honestly, it sounds like you are looking for an excuse to not eat healthy. You have literally shot down every idea that you have responded to. If you don't like veggies then eat fruit or try and cook cauliflower differently. And like someone else suggested, walk around the perimeter of the store and go crazy. Produce, yogurt, nuts (unsalted/sugared), chicken, lowfat cheese, lowfat milk, brown rice, sugar free jello. There are hundreds of good things that you can choose from...just avoid the candy/chip/cookie aisles.
  • marywilsoncline
    marywilsoncline Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    :ohwell: