Best brand of bacon?

Options

Replies

• aelarek
    aelarek Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I don't know what brand we buy, but we always get bacon ends and pieces instead of bacon slices.
    It's so much yummier than sliced bacon. Can't really explain why. Just tastes fresher.
  • llahairdna
    llahairdna Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Why don't you put that question out to the pig population, pretty sure they would have some good suggestions for you.....maybe you and Paula Dean can schedule your angiograms at the same time.....two for one special!

Let me guess... vegetarian? :laugh:

Yes:wink:

I love pigs and cows and chickens. They are delicious. Cows also make lovely shoes, belts, purses, and furniture. :love:
  • ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    I use the Hormel all natural uncured bacon--very yummy without the extra nitrates/toxins.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    I love pigs and cows and chickens. They are delicious. Cows also make lovely shoes, belts, purses, and furniture. :love:

And chickens lay eggs, which are also delicious, before you eat them! And cows give milk, which is also delicious, before you eat them!
  • Teksavvy
    Teksavvy Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Is this the "best" brand? I don't know. It's Oscar Mayer - Bacon - Fully Cooked - Ready to Serve. 4 slices are only 70 calories and take less than a minute to prepare with minimal mess. It goes great with my oatmeal and yogurt.
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Why don't you put that question out to the pig population, pretty sure they would have some good suggestions for you.....maybe you and Paula Dean can schedule your angiograms at the same time.....two for one special!

I would say not eating meat seems to turn people into judgmental b*tches, but I know vegans that aren't like that at all. Must just be you. :flowerforyou:
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    WOAH WOAH WOAH NOW!!!!!

There is no such thing as bad bacon!

There is bacon that is a bit more tasty than others, but BAD bacon, there is no such thing.

You are going to make bacon have low self esteem, and then it will hide itself and we will all be without bacon.

Shame on you. *shakes head*

I don't know about that. You've never seen my college cafeteria fail at cooking bacon in bulk. The majority of it is almost raw.
  • fatguyweightloss
    Options
    Best bacon is at the meat counter...though I am cheap and normally go with best thick center cut variety I can afford
  • Lane1012
    Lane1012 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Oscar Meyer Center Cut. Yummy and much lower in fat/calories.

seconded
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options

Who crazy? Oh you crazy!!! Go eat tofu and hijack a veggie thread, cool? This is for us carnivores at the top of the food chain.
  • mmarlow61
    mmarlow61 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Wright's Thick cut is the ONY bacon for me anymore!
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options

I laughed as I ate my BLT.

Burgers Smokehouse. Best bacon in the Ozarks!!!
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I only eat turkey bacon now and have no complaints, as well as turkey sausage. As far as turkey bacon, I prefer Butterball over Oscar Meyer.

By the way I am not smack talking about real bacon, because I have a love affair with it. Unfortunately it loves me back and turkey bacon was a concession I was forced to make. And with 145 pounds to lose, I have to make all the changes I can possibly do. A TLT is just not the same as a BLT, but something I can live with.
  • birdieintx
    birdieintx Posts: 298
    Options
    When I do buy bacon it's always the Hormel Uncured Nitrate free. Not only am I cutting out the chemicals it's really really tasty!
  • samb330
    samb330 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I posted on my profile one time about desiring a man wrapped in bacon. So I'm going to say THAT would be the best kind.

agree!!!!!!! LOL
  • arnoswife
    arnoswife Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I do have a somewhat bacon related question....has anyone ever tried the baconaise? I guess its bacon flavored mayo, I haven't yet tried it so I wanted some opinions on it first!
  • vaderandbill
    vaderandbill Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Market Basket (local supermarket) thick cut and pepper crusted!
  • CarpeDiem177
    Options
    Freshly cut from the slab of smoked pork from a FOREIGN BUTCHER. For some reason I always get the best meats, bacon included, from a european foreign butcher shop. And, while dieting fresh means healthy!
  • bloodbank
    bloodbank Posts: 468 Member
    Options

Seriously? If you're not down with something, why even bother opening a thread that's clearly titled?
  • hanna6774
    hanna6774 Posts: 225
    Options
    Best Brand of Bacon? I don't believe there is one!!!!