Best brand of bacon?

124»

Replies

• jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,446 Member
    Wellshire Reduced Sodium, Reduced Fat Bacon! It get's crispy, tastes the same and only has 60 calories, 3 grams of fat for 2 pieces. It is also nitrate free.
  • kardsharp
    kardsharp Posts: 516 Member
    Bacon is the best brand of bacon :) WOOT!

This!
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    I do have a somewhat bacon related question....has anyone ever tried the baconaise? I guess its bacon flavored mayo, I haven't yet tried it so I wanted some opinions on it first!
    i havent tried it, but my store carries it - ive been tempted lol ive tried their bacon salt ..its not bad but its not something to cook with (the flavor gets lost, imo) just sprinkle it on afterward lol
  • s1lence
    s1lence Posts: 493
    @arnoswife My husband loves baconasie. I don't care for mayo so I couldn't tell you my opinion. I do know that my husband says it tastes like the best of both things. Hope it helps.
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    I do have a somewhat bacon related question....has anyone ever tried the baconaise? I guess its bacon flavored mayo, I haven't yet tried it so I wanted some opinions on it first!
    i havent tried it, but my store carries it - ive been tempted lol ive tried their bacon salt ..its not bad but its not something to cook with (the flavor gets lost, imo) just sprinkle it on afterward lol

The bacon salt is delicious.
    I cook with it on chicken breast. I put it on before I grill it, I love the taste it gives it..
    It also is awesome on popcorn.
    Yes....Bacon flavoured popcorn
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member

The bacon salt is delicious.
    I cook with it on chicken breast. I put it on before I grill it, I love the taste it gives it..
    It also is awesome on popcorn.
    Yes....Bacon flavoured popcorn
    yes! its amazing on popcorn :D i also sprinkle it on grilled cheese, and on pasta dishes
  • tashi1
    tashi1 Posts: 3 Member
    Nieman Ranch (although it's not cheap) and Coleman which can be found at Costco and other grocery stores.
  • Kandygirl
    Kandygirl Posts: 249 Member
    i dont like crispy bacon, i like it softer and chewy. i always do butcher block bacon because of the fat. it's so yummy!
  • tashi1
    tashi1 Posts: 3 Member
    I don't think bacon is what contributed to Paula Deen's health issues . . . . probably more like all the fat and sugar. As long as you're active and especially if you eat bacon in the a.m., not much to worry about considering how satisfying it is!
  • Oscar Meyer Thick Cut, hands down.
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    I love Trader Joe Apple Cured bacon but I love the thick cut you get from a good meat market. I cook it till close to crunchy in a stoneware pan in the oven so you have to be patient.

For a quick and healthy sammie I use the sandwich thins, egg white and Hormel Bacon Crumbles. Weight Watcher or Laughing Cow Cheese of choice, and any veggies you might want......YUMMMMMY!
  • piebird79
    piebird79 Posts: 201 Member
    Indiana Kitchen thick cut pepper crusted. Yum!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Why don't you put that question out to the pig population, pretty sure they would have some good suggestions for you.....maybe you and Paula Dean can schedule your angiograms at the same time.....two for one special!

kitty-bacon.bmp
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    I bought some thick-cut bacon at the meat shop, and it was too fatty and didn't get crisp enough for my taste. What brand of bacon do you use?

Oh and turkey bacon is an abomination. I only want the legit stuff.

I really like the Oscar Meyer center cut also. Good stuff.
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    I just tried the Meijer (no idea if you have Meijer where you live) generic brand tonight with our "breakfast" dinner. It was actually really good! No different really from Hormel, which I also love. And it comes in low sodium which is what we got, much lower than any other low sodium bacon I've come across. :)
  • 412HeavyLifter
    412HeavyLifter Posts: 170 Member
    Oscar Meyer Center Cut. Yummy and much lower in fat/calories.

this
  • grinch031
    grinch031 Posts: 1,679
    Why don't you put that question out to the pig population, pretty sure they would have some good suggestions for you.....maybe you and Paula Dean can schedule your angiograms at the same time.....two for one special!

Let me guess... vegetarian? :laugh:

Yes:wink:

I love pigs and cows and chickens. They are delicious. Cows also make lovely shoes, belts, purses, and furniture. :love:

Yeah, eat the meat. You don't want to go around killing plants. Plants create oxygen, if you eat them you're killing everyone!

Plus, we don't want to go killing too many animals to make more room for all these plants.
  • blankcanvas
    blankcanvas Posts: 177
    Hhahaa that's so funny:). (I'm referring to the 'Kevin response)
  • momtokgo
    momtokgo Posts: 446 Member
    I'm beginning to think it's a Canadian brand (or maybe everyone else just doesn't like it?) but the best brand if bacon is Schnieders! Mmmm. Not too thin, not too thick and cooks up super crispy.
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,805 Member
    Tried Gwaltney Center Cut Bacon and Coleman Naturals Uncured Hickory Smoked Bacon. The Gwaltney was really thin and kind of fell apart. Still tasted good, but the Coleman tasted a lot better! :)