Lost 7 lbs since last Thursday by eating MORE!

Options

Replies

• MyTimeMyYear
    MyTimeMyYear Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I just started with a personal trainer this past week. 6:00 AM M-W-F, been tracking food, only to discover I wasn't eating enough! When I thought I was....I have lost ALMOST 7 pounds since Monday and trying to eat 1550 calories, but I always seem to end up around 1200! My trainer told me that so many people do not eat enough calories, which means your body goes into starvation mode....makes sense.....and LOTS OF WATER....
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    I lost 50 lbs from October to February by following low cal (1200/day and eating back exercise calories), I stalled and lost/gained the same 5 lbs for a month. I decided to try something different so I increased my calories to 1700 (which is a little over my BMR) last week and since increasing my calories and continuing to eat back all of my exercise calories I have continually lost a pound a day for the last week!!! :D

I can understand maybe losing 1 or 2 lbs in a week but 7!? This is great! I hope weight loss lasts like this for at least another week! Then I'm ok with seeing a 1 to 2 pound loss a week again!

welcome to the insider's club :)
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    bump
  • olong
    olong Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    bump
  • deblc6836
    deblc6836 Posts: 59
    Options
    bump
  • Anthonydaman
    Anthonydaman Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    That's awesome Kacie, good for you. keep it up!
  • Temple_Fit
    Temple_Fit Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I've been trying this too but I'm kinda confused. My numbers are 1386 BMI and 1663 TDEE. does that mean I NET in between those two or I my food intake is in between those two?

I'm would like to know the answer to that question?
  • DataBased
    DataBased Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I've spent the day reading threads like this and I'm upping my cals for the next month to see how it goes. I've been SO hungry since starting to exercise regularly (and hard!) and from what I've learned today, I've consistently been hundreds of calories under what I need to lose.

LOVE this site - and thanks to the OP for posting this thread! :flowerforyou:
  • TamsinEllis
    TamsinEllis Posts: 293
    Options
    Yay congrats for you :D
    I was eating 1200 calories a day all the way up to this month (last week actually) and I was losing on average 5lb a month. Nothing changed, was still losing the same amount but started reading more and more of the threads people post about eating more and having big success moments like yours so decided to actually look at my BMR and TDEE, now eating 1500 cals a day and lost 1lb beginning of this week so clearly it hasn't stalled my weight loss (thus far and highly doubt it will, though I've eaten a lot of sodium this week so scale might be bad next weigh in haha). I love reading about people how have started to eat more (whether it was because they wanted to, they were suggested to or because they hit a snag and decided to experiment) since it proves that calorie counting isn't "dieting" it's just being more mindful of portions (and nutrition) :D
  • 3audkids
    3audkids Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Im guessing I should try upping my calorie intake, I havent lost any weight in 3 weeks. Been on the 1200 calorie diet, is not working at all. i do exercise quite a bit though, not sure what I'm doing wrong?
  • RoseRoiz
    RoseRoiz Posts: 95
    Options
    bump
  • actshepherd
    Options
    I think the trick is to NOT get into the same routine. Our bodies are designed to develop memory and if we eat the same way and excercise the same way all the time, it loses its effect. I'm glad you posted this. I hope I remember that I might need to change it up if I'm not losing.

When I started MFP, I wasn't losing any weight but I was excercising and eating well for three weeks. Then this last week, I gave myself a break from the "workouts" and actually lost two pounds. I'm back to excercising today for the first time after about a week off and the weight is still gone :)
  • lpatriquin
    lpatriquin Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I am fairly new to this site (2 weeks) and MFP says's that my daily caloric goal is 1200 even though by BMR is a little over 1400. Should I be aiming for 1400, 1200 or higher? I also earn approx. 200-300 calories a day from exercise which I may or may not eat back. But my average caloric intake over the last two weeks would be around 1200-1300. I have to say, the weight is not coming off quickly enough for me... maybe I am being unrealistic but I am only down 3 lbs which doesn't seem like much especially in the beginning of a (never ending) weight loss journey. When I hear that someone is losing 7 lbs in a week, I take notice... Good for you guys! It make me really nervous to increase cals but that might be the answer... any suggestions??
  • dls0516
    dls0516 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    bump
  • fearie_jae
    fearie_jae Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    High five!!

I know when I started "dieting" I feel victim to the thought of 1200 was the # and that was it but then I learned about increasing my caloric intake to a certain # that's right for me AND eating back my exercise calories and I can really notice a change. I love knowing I can lose weight and be healthy and NOT be starving all the time :) it really makes you see this is not a diet but a true lifestyle I can stick with.
  • chaniray
    chaniray Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    this is good info! i never knew this thanks and congrats!
  • _Brandy_
    _Brandy_ Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    bump
  • punkrockprincess23
    punkrockprincess23 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I hope this works. ive currently been eating 1200 calories a day and trying to not eat back my exercise calories-some days i do. ;)

If I get this right:my TDEE # is 2260.
    My BMR # is 2013.
    So I SHOULD be eating between 2013-2260 calories a day?

EX. i choose to eat 2150 calories a day(between my 2 #'s),
    but i exercise and burn 430 calories today.
    Brings me back down to 1720 cals a day.
    I should eat back that 430 exercise cals?

PLS help me........
  • tubbs_nomore
    Options
    How are you guys losing so much weight in a week??? 7lbs??? I've been extremely faithful to this program for 12 days now ...measuring everything....drinking the water....switching to lowfat products & 1% milk from 2%...etc & I'm working out 6 days a week...and NOTHING!! I'm getting quite frustrated. Even when I tried to switch around my goals it wont let me lose any more than 1.5 lbs a week even though I chose 2lbs a week..and I still only get a net of 1200 calories no matter what I choose. Whats up? Help please...I'm having major surgery on April 19th & was hoping to have lost some weight by then...ty in advance.
  • badmediakarma
    Options
    Thanks for posting this! My weight loss has slowed down and it's only been a little over a month! I have a lot of weight to lose and didn't think I could "plateau" so fast. I have been thinking of upping my calories and have been so scared even though there are a ton of people posting on here where it worked for them!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!