What is your definition of "Eating Clean"?

Options
2»

Replies

• skinnyjeans13
    Options
    Eating Clean for me means eating Paleo/Primal.
  • Taylerr88
    Taylerr88 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    i make sure to wash all my food with soap .. i hate dirty food.
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Eating clean - meat, fish, veg, fruit, dairy, nuts and seeds, some grain - 80/20.
    The other 20% whatever I want
  • Fit_and_Healthy
    Options
    To me, eating clean is eating food that has been sterilized with wolf urine.
  • suziecue66
    Options

Why not your own urine. It has the right pH to kill the bugs more effectively.
  • Fit_and_Healthy
    Options

Because wolf urine has phytochemicals that mine doesn't.
  • suziecue66
    Options

Because wolf urine has phytochemicals that mine doesn't.

Oh, okay you may have a point there!
  • prettygirlhoward
    prettygirlhoward Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    bump
  • capnwo85
    capnwo85 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Taking a shower, then eating. THAT'S clean eating.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Sigh...what a tired old topic....

banging_head.gif

Really? Really?? you are such a drain on society. No contribution only negativity. I wasn't asking for debate only what your opinion of clean eating is. Since you have no opinion that aligns with the question you are breaking forum rules.

Try not to such a complete waste of flesh. There are zombies starving everywhere.
  • MassiveDelta
    Options

this is actually a good read.

My personal opinion is that eating as little processed foods as possible and nutrient dense items. Eliminating Stone ground flours or grains is just stupid Grinding something does remove nutrients, no more than me chopping a carrot or a green pepper.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    Personally to me...........................no frills, boring, and a chore. I've done it many times for 12-16 weeks at a time when prepping for a show and it's not a lifestyle I could live with.
    I had to make adjustments EVERY time I went out to eat, I had to ensure that everything I ate had no sodium or excess fat or sugar, and I plain lived my life around concentrating on my diet during those times. Eating that way made me a grumpy person too.
    Power to those that can live that way, but I like my junk food, my high calorie desserts and my high fat cultural food.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • MassiveDelta
    Options
    Personally to me...........................no frills, boring, and a chore. I've done it many times for 12-16 weeks at a time when prepping for a show and it's not a lifestyle I could live with.
    I had to make adjustments EVERY time I went out to eat, I had to ensure that everything I ate had no sodium or excess fat or sugar, and I plain lived my life around concentrating on my diet during those times. Eating that way made me a grumpy person too.
    Power to those that can live that way, but I like my junk food, my high calorie desserts and my high fat cultural food.

I agree not something you want to do your whole life at least very strict
  • Eating unprocessed or minimally processed foods only.

I don't do it, but that's how I'd define it.

Yes, I would consider things like rice, steel cut oats, bulgar wheat, etc. as clean. I would not consider things like bread or wraps as clean.

I don't think cooking has anything to do with how clean something is.

So what makes bread not clean if I use all natural unprocessed ingredients why is baking bread make it not good? You contradicted yourself there.

Most clean eaters I know (including myself) use the kind of breads and wraps that come from sprouted grains, not flour (like Ezekiel). They are really good - but you have to get used to them.
  • Alma_Sana
    Alma_Sana Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    An easy way to remember if a food is clean is: "if man made it, don't eat it."
    this
  • outdoorslife
    outdoorslife Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Generally rinse fruits and veggies, sometimes soak things like grapes in vinegar for a few minutes. Or eat organic when available.
    Lean meat (chicken, turkey) fish.
    LOTS of veggies. In a pinch I will do canned vegetables if nothing else is available

I "treat" myself with sprouted grain breads, or use the bread machine to make them, on occasion. The calorie hit for the volume isn't worth it generally.