someone remind me

Options
2»

Replies

• chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I think I eat properly too - in fact my nutritionist thought so too and is stumped, so she has me eating 2 more snacks consisting of a carb/protein each snack about 150 cals each... So I've been doing that and it's kinda confused my body and caused me to gain 4 pounds....:explode: but I'm gonna give it a go and hopefully things will change.:ohwell:

have you ever tried eating your exercise cals? i know it's not for everybody, but it is worth a shot if you haven't tried
    I eat mine - or most of them....
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I think I eat properly too - in fact my nutritionist thought so too and is stumped, so she has me eating 2 more snacks consisting of a carb/protein each snack about 150 cals each... So I've been doing that and it's kinda confused my body and caused me to gain 4 pounds....:explode: but I'm gonna give it a go and hopefully things will change.:ohwell:

have you ever tried eating your exercise cals? i know it's not for everybody, but it is worth a shot if you haven't tried
    I eat mine - or most of them....

i eat mine too, and then some!:laugh:
  • Tinker73
    Tinker73 Posts: 45
    Options
    Ok loathesome ,I apologize if my remark hurt you or insulted you in any way.With the kids part I looked at mojogurl and mentioned kids.You are doing great and loosing weight is not easy.I know I had my share of up and downs.2 years ago I weighed over 325 lbs and it took me over 2 years to loose 103 lbs.I got injured during Basic training and was laid up for awhile.I gained back 18 lbs.I have had many plateau's and needed help from friends to get over them.Just recently my friend suggested to eat different and I was a little insulted because I thought I was eating right.But guess what I wasn't and now that I changed my habits and eat most of my exercise points I am now loosing weight again.So again if I stepped on your toes accept my appoligies. :flowerforyou:
  • foxyforce
    Options
    Ok loathesome ,I apologize if my remark hurt you or insulted you in any way.With the kids part I looked at mojogurl and mentioned kids.You are doing great and loosing weight is not easy.I know I had my share of up and downs.2 years ago I weighed over 325 lbs and it took me over 2 years to loose 103 lbs.I got injured during Basic training and was laid up for awhile.I gained back 18 lbs.I have had many plateau's and needed help from friends to get over them.Just recently my friend suggested to eat different and I was a little insulted because I thought I was eating right.But guess what I wasn't and now that I changed my habits and eat most of my exercise points I am now loosing weight again.So again if I stepped on your toes accept my appoligies. :flowerforyou:

you didn't...but do you think that of my diary, or is it someone else's diary? i always like the feedback, i just thought i was doing good, so it took me for a curveball, if you go back more than a couple weeks you will see that i am making progress. i've been on t his for a couple months now, and at the start, there was no way i could stay at or under my cals. and i always eat my exercise cals too, i like food too much to not reward myself after a hard workout!
  • Tinker73
    Tinker73 Posts: 45
    Options
    Loathesome I did look at your diary,but only 1 weeks worth.Compare to me it just seemed that you are not eating enough.So far if it worked for great :drinker: .I can look at your diary a little more if you want,and if I have any suggestions I be more then happy to share them with you.:happy: Again keep up your great work :flowerforyou:
  • Shakes
    Shakes Posts: 54
    Options
    Its only worth it, if you want it to be. Not any person/thing/magazine/relative can make that desicion for you....and if they are, then ask yourself whats the point? Otherwise.....Stay on track :heart: we have faith in ya! :smile:
  • foxyforce
    Options
    Loathesome I did look at your diary,but only 1 weeks worth.Compare to me it just seemed that you are not eating enough.So far if it worked for great :drinker: .I can look at your diary a little more if you want,and if I have any suggestions I be more then happy to share them with you.:happy: Again keep up your great work :flowerforyou:

can you make some suggestions, i am just confused. i always meet my cals that mfp suggests and i make sure i get veggies, fruits, grains, meats, and dairy in my diet

i'm just confused as to what i should be changing if you can help me i'd appreciate it, sometimes we need to look at things in a different perspective
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options

can you make some suggestions, i am just confused. i always meet my cals that mfp suggests and i make sure i get veggies, fruits, grains, meats, and dairy in my diet

i'm just confused as to what i should be changing if you can help me i'd appreciate it, sometimes we need to look at things in a different perspective

Hi loathesome. I am actually pinatunney's workout partner so I hope you don't mind me jumping in here.
    I was taking a look at your food diary and there are a few things I would suggest.

#1 Watch the sodium. Some people aren't quite as sensitive to it as others. I am one of those sensitive people who bloats if I even get to the 2000mg area, but it can't be helped sometimes. Do you find you are bloated often?

#2 The quantity as well as quality matter when you are putting food into your body.
    Anybody can eat junk all day long and stay within thier calories. You do have some good choices in your menu but then I also see things like august 1st where your post workout snack/meal was 2 beers and sweet potatoe fries.

#3 I also see that you put notes on the bottom of your days when something is off... I do the same, especially if I am feeling ill that day or went out drinking with friends. That way if I notice a fluctuation in my weight I can go back to it and see why. On one of those days you mentioned that you were good all day then went crazy at dinner and throughout the evening which bothered you. That particular day and others I noticed your breakfast and lunch are often very small. If you aren't fueling your body enough during the day it will crave more food at night so to help avoid this you would want to up your intake during the day. 100 calories for breakfast when your body hasn't gotten any food in several hours is not enough to fuel it properly.

#4 You have some days where you are undereating for the day altogether. August 4th as an example.. your breakfast, morning snack, lunch and afternoon snack equaled 213 calories together and dinner at 522 which is well under the minimum you should have. If you were feeling ill or something then I absolutely understand cause that happens to all of us but short of that, those kind of days will do more damage than good.

My food diary is open to the public if you want to peek for some ideas.

The only other thing I noticed was you aren't exercising quite as regularly as you were before. Maybe go back through the last couple months of your exercise days to see the difference.