Shorts for running

Options
So now that it is warm outside, I need to get shorts for running. I only have two pair and they are the ones I typically wear for tennis. I don't really like them for running because they tend to creep up in the middle between my thighs. It's so annoying!

For the ladies like me with thicker thighs, what kind of shorts do you wear? I need something that won't constantly creep up! Where should I look? Most of my workout stuff is from Target, but for shorts all they seem to have is tiny short things.

Replies

• kjrhodes19
    Options
    I have the same problem, so I bought spandex-like shorts to wear under my regular work out shorts
  • catlady100
    catlady100 Posts: 154
    Options
    I'm still wearing my capri running pants (or whatever they're really called..:lol:) I'm not sure what I will do come summer with much hotter temps.

i've heard of running skirts but i don't know...
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    I run in "bike' lengh spandex shorts - without the butt padding:bigsmile: It's tight and does not creep up or bundle, and my thights don't chafe like they do with regular running shorts....
    And I hate the bundling/creeping up that the regular running shorts do....
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Oh I hate the crotch creep! I just bought super short shorts, so the crotch creep wasn't visible. But then, I was 20 pounds lighter then. Not sure what I'm going to do!
  • johnlatv
    johnlatv Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I use this site for all my running gear.. i am sure they can help

www.roadrunnersports.com
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    I have like the spandex underwear that is like a boxer(compression shorts)? Then i wear a pair of lacrosse style shorts over top.
    Prevents chaffing, crotch creep, etc.
  • rrgrove
    rrgrove Posts: 73
    Options
    i was wondering this the other day because i only have pants and the temp is slowly creepin up
  • seekingstrengthX2
    Options
    Yup, spandex here as well. They stay in place and keep my thighs from rubbing together. :)
  • meganmorsey
    Options
    I'll look for spandex shorts and check out the website mentioned. My running pants are fitted like that, so I would probably like shorts like that too. I was hoping to be wearing my capris or pants for another month or so, but it's already in the mid to upper 70s. Oh well.
  • bahacca
    bahacca Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Running shorts with built in briefs. They don't ride up the thighs and you can wear them commando, so way more comfy. I get mine at discounts at Ross. TJ maxx and places like that often have them as well. I have Nike, Adidas and a pair I got at Walmart or Target(Brand is Danskin Now) and I like the Danskin ones the best.
  • 99cherrypie99
    99cherrypie99 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I just started wearing running skirts and they rock. Walmart sells some for like 12 bucks!
  • kopmom
    kopmom Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I just got the Xersion brand from JC Penney and they are great. Comfortable, fit well and even have a pocket for my car key when I do long runs at the trail !!
  • dsak
    dsak Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Ugh... I have the same problem!! I have some capris and 1 pair of spandex shorts from Kohl's... I think they are Adidas. I hate that they don't make long running shorts. I bit the bullet today and bought a pair of regular running shorts today... Under Armour. Hoping they work good.
  • kayleesays
    kayleesays Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I get mid-calf spandex bike shorts and just wear them without anything over them. All other loose shorts ride up my waist and legs and make it incredibly hard to concentrate on running.
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem, so I bought spandex-like shorts to wear under my regular work out shorts

Bingo--best products ever made for exercising adults over 40.
  • k_pattie
    k_pattie Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    So now that it is warm outside, I need to get shorts for running. I only have two pair and they are the ones I typically wear for tennis. I don't really like them for running because they tend to creep up in the middle between my thighs. It's so annoying!

For the ladies like me with thicker thighs, what kind of shorts do you wear? I need something that won't constantly creep up! Where should I look? Most of my workout stuff is from Target, but for shorts all they seem to have is tiny short things.

I was having the same problem and bought a pair of Nike shorts - they are called the double up training short. it is the nike mesh short with the nike pro combat compression short built in. the inseam is 4.5 inches and the compression short does not creep up at ALL which is awesome in comparison to some other spandex/compression shorts. I love mine and wear them multiple times a week!!
  • AVinmill
    AVinmill Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Spandex/compression shorts under a pair of regular work out shorts for me. Helps huge with chaffing and all that fun stuff. That's pretty much my setup for all workouts; running, weights, bike, etc.
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    i was wondering this the other day because i only have pants and the temp is slowly creepin up

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTO1OmfyB2XTfz2KjPwRtcCf4iuN7UYVFtkRba9Buhp3NlsEI6Fk1xNMDaJ
  • maryduggins
    maryduggins Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I don't like wearing baggy, running/exercise shorts... they ride up and I look like such a weirdo when I try to run while at the same time pull them down(; my favorite is tight, legging-capri things(: they don't ride and they don't chaff. Otherwise I wear bike shorts under my baggy shorts. Make sure they'r long enough, though. I bought shorter ones and they *do* ride up; make sure they're at least 3/4 down your thigh(: