Anyone want to start the 30 Day Shred - TODAY!!????!!!

Options

Replies

• Lolita954
    Options
    ScrewyChars-7508577
  • kiku76
    kiku76 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    hi guys, sorry if this is a stupid question.. but i started the 30 day shred last night and i measured myself in the morning. what i wanted to know is, when i measure, for example, my hips, do i pull the tape to as far as it can go (33inches) or to the point where my flesh doesn't bulge over (35inches)? i want to be accurate in my measurements but wasn't sure which one to refer to once the 30 days are up. any help would be great, thank you :)
    I like to measure around the fat, so that would be the 35 in for you. that way I can accurately see how much fat is lost. does htat make sense?
  • kiku76
    kiku76 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Did day 4 today. DS woke me up around 4am and I thought it was a good idea to get the workout over with. not so good. I was just too tired. plus he started fussing in hte playpen. I wasnt able to finish it today. and honestly, IDK if I will. I will be too dang tired!
  • islae2010
    islae2010 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm in as well - starting tomorrow morning. I tried to start last week but had a few sick kids and have gotten completely thrown off track. I need someone or a plan to hold me accountable. Only about 2 more months until swimsuit season here in Illinois!
  • evaleung87
    Options
    hi kiku76, yes that makes sense. 35 it is! thank you!
  • scullyuk06
    Options
    Anyone taking pictures for Day 1???

I had some taken this morning along with weight and measurements (we do weight every friday, measure every 4 weeks and pic every 8 weeks)

Gonna be interesting!!

God I hope I can do this!!!
  • scullyuk06
    Options
    Just done it - and feels good!!! Wanna quit and stop and kill her, but just kept going through it and WOOHOO!!!! How has everyone else got on?!? Oh and how on earth do we put this in on MFP????
  • 2fit4fat
    2fit4fat Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    im on day 3 is that where most of you are?! add me and put 30 ds so i know! (we should make a group!)
  • sasha425
    sasha425 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi everyone. I just started the 30 DS on Monday but I did a lot of reading up on it through the forums on here and also on the internet. Although it does say 30 Days in the title, JM did mention that that was a marketing gimmick and you should move on at your own pace, so don't give up!
    She also said that she recommends doing the Shred two days, one cardio day, Shred another two days, another cardio day and then a rest day. I think it works better when it comes to losing both weight and inches rather than mostly inches like the results I've seen on MFP.
    I've been doing Zumba since January so when I started the Shred Level 1 it wasn't that bad. Right when you feel like you want to give up she moves on to the next move. Now I do the Shred and Pilates Mon, Tues, Thurs and Fri and cardio (Zumba and walking) Wednesday and Saturday, Sunday a rest day.
    I did notice a 1lbs increase after the first two days even though I stick to 1200 calories. But after my cardio day yesterday I was actually down 2lbs this morning. I think the cardio definitely helps balance things out.
    Also, most people suggest to log the Shred as circuit training. Good Luck to everyone, hope to see some great results!!
  • ramrockrac
    Options
    I'm on day 4, started it last Sunday and did it again on mon, wed & today. I needed the breaks in between as I'm very unfit!
    It's hard but slowly it starts getting more manageable:-)
    Keep at it!!:-):D
  • ramrockrac
    Options
    Ditto:D
  • Suddsgirl
    Suddsgirl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I want to join in on the 30 Day Shred. I will get the DVD and start this weekend. Good luck everyone!!!!!!!
  • Amedug
    Amedug Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm just ordering it from Amazon! Hope to start it as soon as it arrives! Good luck to everyone =D
  • scullyuk06
    Options
    Just saw this on another thread so copied it to here - I was planning on doing it every day where possible - now I'm not so sure....

"I just thought I would throw this out there since its hard to find if you dont know what your doing and there are so many out there that do things a different way (30 days straight which i am not against BUT...)

Jillian had a question in a podcast about how often to do it and her answer was...
    2 days of 30DS one day cardio 2 days of 30 DS and one cardio then a rest day. She said the name was more so what her marketing people came up with since each level is meant to be 10 days (just not 10 straight) thats marketing for you!
    Not saying not to do 30 days straight if you want but she was very adamant about how important it is to have a rest day. Just thought I'd let you all know :-) "
  • butterfly0589
    butterfly0589 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    If I can find my disc I'll start tonight once I've been and got my weights if that's ok? Xxx
  • luvweiners
    luvweiners Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    THIS SOUNDS GREAT. HOW DOES IT WORK???IS IT 30 DAYS STRAIGHT OF EXERCISE???
  • niksmommy3
    Options
    about to do my day 5 ( i didnt do it yesterday) and i felt horrible about it, but what can i do. i think i will do it twice today since i feel like its not enough alone. what other work outs do you guys do? i did try to take pics the other day, but i doubt i will ever post them haha!
  • Prisie88
    Prisie88 Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm also on day 5 and I didn't do it yesterday either... though I did do some elliptical... I was also thinking about doing it twice today if not then maybe just do some elleptical after the 3DS ... The soreness is really going away now... so I think my body is getting used to the exercise... I was also thinking of adding a little jogging on the days that I don't do elleptical... hmm
  • yuliyax
    yuliyax Posts: 288
    Options
    I'm in - I don't think I will be able to do it in 30 days but nevertheless.
    Be happy to new friends :)
  • Amedug
    Amedug Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Just saw this on another thread so copied it to here - I was planning on doing it every day where possible - now I'm not so sure....

"I just thought I would throw this out there since its hard to find if you dont know what your doing and there are so many out there that do things a different way (30 days straight which i am not against BUT...)

Jillian had a question in a podcast about how often to do it and her answer was...
    2 days of 30DS one day cardio 2 days of 30 DS and one cardio then a rest day. She said the name was more so what her marketing people came up with since each level is meant to be 10 days (just not 10 straight) thats marketing for you!
    Not saying not to do 30 days straight if you want but she was very adamant about how important it is to have a rest day. Just thought I'd let you all know :-) "

I saw this too and it makes sense. I've just completed the Level 1 work-out for the first time and I'm wondering what my body will be like tomorrow. I've never felt so exhausted!
    I have Davina's High Energy Five DVD (which I love) I may do that on days when my body is too worn out for Jillian.