smaller looking women who weigh more than me?!?!?!?!

Options
okay, so i've been creeping on this fatty facebook.

AND GOD DARN.

I know that i had a baby, and lot of complications, and i have a long way to go!

BUT

i like HATE these gorgeous women on here who weigh at LEAST 10 pounds more than i do,

and LOOK WAY BETTER.

i mean, they have no pooch, no flabby, i mean good lord, they can wear bikinis,

and i jiggle everywhere!

HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

...kinda hating you lucky gals...

time for this chick to hit the weights hahahahaha

Replies

• tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    we're a LOT harder on our own bodies than we are on other people - I doubt they look quite as much better as you think they do in your head.

But also some of it is just plain bonestructure - I'm heavy as snapdoozle, I look firmer than women who weigh 10 lbs less than I do. Some of its muscle (yay) but a lot of it is just plain.... HEAVY. I don't really know what it is. I'm really super heavy. I have friends close to my height that weigh 40 lbs less than I do and look great, if I weight that much I'd be in the hospital.
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    EveryBODY is different. I could probably have a flat-ish tummy at 200lbs but then I'd have a butt so wide it wouldn't fit through a door. Other women carry all in their tummy but their butt and hips remain smallish.

Also height is a big factor, you weight less then I do right now but I'm also 5'9 and would never be able to get down to 125lbs safely.
  • Skyflier83
    Options
    It's so crazy isn't it, someone had posted a link to an image gallery of real women and all I could think was how can they have a flat stomach and look fantastic in a bikini and I can't?! But then I got my boyfriend to take a pic of me and suddenly thought maybe I'm not as big as I think I am.

It's hard being female
  • GetFitE
    GetFitE Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling. I watch Biggest loser & the ladies always get down below me & they still look WAY heavier than me. I have heavy bones, high muscle density. I weight 200lbs STILL (and no one believes me when I tell them). Most people think I'm between 170-180. It's tough for myself because I know my REAL weight, but it's also nice knowing I don't look 200lbs to anyone else.
  • njean888
    njean888 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Hard exercise! At least that's what keeps me tight. Insanity, P90X, spinning, weightlifting, running, 6 times a week!
  • littlemili
    littlemili Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Strength training, good dress sense and genetics. My BMI is 21 but I look smaller than a lot of ladies with lower BMI because I have a load of muscle.
  • Iheartsushi
    Iheartsushi Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Yep I struggle with this too...but it's because I'm short (4'11). Me being at 130lbs looks completely different then most of my friends! Even when I was at 115lbs I was still rocking a size 8 because of these hips. Gotta love genes!!!!
  • JaninaRello
    JaninaRello Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Density. They're body is denser than yours. They've either got more muscle or more compressed fat.

I know it's tough but don't sweat it.
  • KPainter70
    KPainter70 Posts: 152
    Options
    I think a lot of it comes down to lean body mass. Think of it like this - a pound of muscle is like the size of an orange, a pound of fat is like a grapefruit. Put 50 of them in a bag, which one will look smaller? And yet they still weigh the same.
  • modernmom70
    modernmom70 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Don't be discouraged! If you wanna look like that lift weights! a pound of muscle takes up less space than a pound of fat, that's why women can weight more and look thinner. I am a size 6 5'4" and weigh 135lbs....before weight lifting the last time I was a size 6 I was aoubt 115lbs.
    And....you probably look better than you see yourself as, us women are our own worst critics!
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    As others have pointed out, part of it may be differences in height (which is obviously an important factor), but also in bone structure. You can't really do anything about either of these. The thing you can change is how much muscle you have relative to fat, which makes a huge different in how you look. There is a commonly posted picture around here, of a woman who gained a little weight building muscle, but looks a lot tighter/firmer, because it's muscle and not fat. So adding strength building to your fitness routine may be the key to getting the body you want. Also, the other thing you can do is stop comparing yourself to others so much. You don't have someone else's body, you have yours, so work on it.
  • mikesa3
    mikesa3 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    It's called being skinny fat. When your weight is good but everything is soft with low muscle tone. Usually look good dressed so no one thinks you're flabby. That's what I am. My body fat was 40% when it was checked though I'm not overweight .My middle is flabby which is the worse place to carry fat since that means it's internal and on the organs. I've lost 5lbs with stength training and some cardio and I can see a big difference already. Still have a long ways to go but it does work. :) Get lifting.
    Nancy
  • modernmom70
    modernmom70 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Also, the other thing you can do is stop comparing yourself to others so much. You don't have someone else's body, you have yours, so work on it.

And This!!!
  • hanna6774
    hanna6774 Posts: 225
    Options
    We are our own worst critics. Don't compare yourself to anyone else - EVER! Everyone, every body is different. It all comes down to fat VS muscle. If you look at two women who are the same height, same weight but one has higher body fat - she will look bigger. Muscle is leaner. Exercise is the only answer - you can sculpt your body and get the shape that works for you. Losing weight too fast is not sustainable or maintainable, eating too little will make you lose that amazing muscle and you can't get it back, going all out with exercise from the get go is definitely one of the reasons so many people quit. . Just remember to be patient and go slow. Sooner than you think someone will be writing the same thing you did only it will be about you!
  • AlayshaJ
    AlayshaJ Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    My friend has a little belly and no muscle and she weighs like 10lbs less than me. We are the same size, same frame, same pant size but I weigh more. I just have alot less fat... and more booty >:)
  • Rjdj3530
    Rjdj3530 Posts: 154
    Options
    I know the feeling. I watch Biggest loser & the ladies always get down below me & they still look WAY heavier than me. I have heavy bones, high muscle density. I weight 200lbs STILL (and no one believes me when I tell them). Most people think I'm between 170-180. It's tough for myself because I know my REAL weight, but it's also nice knowing I don't look 200lbs to anyone else.

This sounds alot like me. People always seem surprised at my weight. What gets me the most is when they say..oh my you are losing and I haven't lost anything in a year!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I'm the same size at 130 as I was more than 10 years ago at 120, and it's not luck, it's muscle.

When I weighed 120 back then, a large part of it was because I had a jaw problem and couldn't eat normally, so I was kind of malnourished and had a higher body fat percentage and less lean muscle. Now at 130 pounds, I exercise regularly and pay attention to my nutrients, so I have a lot more muscle.

On the other hand, about 5 years ago, I lost weight by going low calorie for too long, and I was a lot bigger at 130 pounds then than I am at 130 now.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Taller

More muscle

bigger frame.

I weigh 160lbs.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Muscle is what makes the difference, not luck.

If you haven't read this before, learn about Staci:
    http://nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/
  • lauehorn
    lauehorn Posts: 183
    Options
    okay, so i've been creeping on this fatty facebook.

AND GOD DARN.

I know that i had a baby, and lot of complications, and i have a long way to go!

BUT

i like HATE these gorgeous women on here who weigh at LEAST 10 pounds more than i do,

and LOOK WAY BETTER.

i mean, they have no pooch, no flabby, i mean good lord, they can wear bikinis,

and i jiggle everywhere!

HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

...kinda hating you lucky gals...

time for this chick to hit the weights hahahahaha

Weights. Weights. Weights. Weights. Weights. Stay off the scale, ignore the weight, don't stress over pounds. It's all about building muscle and torching the fat. Your weight won't matter any more after that. Keep going and don't be discouraged! You'll get there!