Breakfast Veggies?

Options
What are some ways to incorporate veggies into breakfast? I'm not really a fan of omeletes (not sure why, lol).

Are there any other ways?

Replies

• bopeep91
    bopeep91 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I also want to know this.... I know that putting spinach and tomatoes and things in an omelet is an option...
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    When you saute or grill veggies the night before have left overs on a English muffin with a sprinkle of cheddar or jack cheese?
    Other then Raw or in an Omelet, I don't know what else to give you.
  • meglynerogers
    Options
    I just ate leftover whole wheat veggie pizza for breakfast. Mmmm....
  • ttulio
    ttulio Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Scrambled egg burrito with spinach, tomatoes, and jalapenos. And maybe some turkey sausage if I'm really hungry.
  • Maria_81
    Maria_81 Posts: 152
    Options
    any leftover veggies in eggs..
  • Kerri_is_so_very
    Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Kale or raw baby spinach in a smoothie...YUM!! Toss a good cup in the blender and you won't even know it's there. Omelets are another way...salsa on your eggs, spinach & mush omelet etc. Carrot juice in a blender with a smoothie (or whole carrots for that matter depending on how smooth yours can blend).
  • EmmyLou1253
    EmmyLou1253 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Throw something green into a breakfast smoothie. Blend it well first with a little liquid. Ex. Kale, spinach, etc. You will not taste it and will add a serving of a good veggie.
  • LordBezoar
    LordBezoar Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    We will put a lot of raw veggies in our morning smoothie. Spinach, Kale, Broccoli, Cucumber and Carrots along with some fruits like pineapple, mango, strawberries, blueberries, and the like along with some protein powder and ice all go into our blender and it is really yummy.
  • katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I know that most people on here don't agree with juicing.. (or from what I have read most don't) but juicing vegetables could be another option. You do lose some benefits from juicing rather than eating whole, fiber for one. But it can't hurt. This morning i'm actually making a juice, green cabbage and carrot. :)
  • acs4162
    acs4162 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I buy a few different colors of bell pepper and cut them into strips. I keep them in a ziplock baggy in the fridge (they will stay good for about a week.) I will chop up some into my eggs, some will go into a stir fry with ground chicken/turkey/beef, and some are eaten raw dipped in humus or salad dressing. I put spinach in my eggs, too.
  • blv0267
    blv0267 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I fry egg whites inside a pepper ring.
  • amoeba15
    amoeba15 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    There is no law that says you have to eat certain foods for breakfast. Eat leftovers from lunch or dinner or cook something you like.
  • Alexstrasza
    Alexstrasza Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Awesome suggestions guys!! Thank you!
  • Alexstrasza
    Alexstrasza Posts: 619 Member
    Options

Ooo that sounds cool! I'm so gonna try that!
  • duetwithjosh
    Options
    I sometimes like red and green peppers, chopped into sticks, dipped into hummus. Mmm!
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    My ultra favorite breakfast smoothie tastes like chocolate or berries but is packed with greens!
    Recipe: 4 oz of soy milk,
    3 - 6 oz of spinach, kale, red chard, bok choy or whatever greens you have on hand.
    1 cup mixed frozen berries
    1 banana
    1 tbsp flax seed
    3 - 6 tbsp of cocoa powder depending on how many greens you use (cocoa powder is optional if you don't like chocolate)
    sweetener depending on how many greens/how much cocoa powder you use
    blend it all up and add a cuple of ice cubes if you want it colder or freeze the fruit. Makes about 20 oz and under 400 calories.

If you like a citrus or pineapple taste: use 2 out of three fruits listed
    1 orange
    1 cup pineapple
    2 kiwis
    3 - 6 oz greens as listed above.
    a slice or sprinkle of ginger
    You won't need a sweetener for this one as the fruit is really sweet on it's own.
    blend until smooth. add a few ice cubes if you want it more colder. Under 300 calories
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Other posters have mentioned green smoothies, which I love. I also like leftover roasted veggies cold for breakfast, or just raw veggies out of the fridge (hummus optional). Keep in mind that you can eat anything for breakfast, I'll eat leftover stir fry or something like that for breakfast. Veggie sandwiches are also good for breakfast.
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Other posters have mentioned green smoothies, which I love. I also like leftover roasted veggies cold for breakfast, or just raw veggies out of the fridge (hummus optional). Keep in mind that you can eat anything for breakfast, I'll eat leftover stir fry or something like that for breakfast. Veggie sandwiches are also good for breakfast.

^^THIS. Getting beyond the idea of limited 'breakfast food' choices is really freeing. And leftovers are often a minute of microwaving away.
  • hpdoxi
    hpdoxi Posts: 32
    Options

I love this idea too. My kids might find this fun and yummy also!!
  • sanjoparolas
    sanjoparolas Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I like juicing a citrus-based breakfast drink which includes celery, spinach and carrots, and if I want to eat something with that I love to saute mushrooms in coconut oil or eat garlic-stuffed green olives.