DVD workouts

Options
What are your favorite home DVD workouts?

I am doing week 11 TurboFire and after trying a few different ones, this is my favorite.

But I'm going to try a new workout soon so would love to hear what works for you :-)

Replies

• PeggyWoodson
    PeggyWoodson Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I am thinking of getting a DVD workout program and wondered which one to get. I'm 63 and have osteoporosis so I think that might have to be factored in. I think it would have to be low impact. Any suggestions?
  • serenity216
    serenity216 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Walk away the pounds is good and also low impact.
  • Jezzabelly
    Options
    I used to hate dvd's but I tried Jillian Michaels ripped in 30 & fell in love. I have since tried her 6 week abs, shred it with weights, & am now doing her 30 day shred & love it. It is less than 30 minutes & it kills me.
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I just started the 30 day shred a few days ago. I love it so far, already noticing a difference in my inches.
  • mckshowie
    mckshowie Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    i have ripped in 30, which im not bonkers about, but it's efficient. i ALSO have xtreme time saver workout by jackie and i do love that one! it's a bajillion different moves, all for one minute each (maybe not a bajillion because its only 30 minutes...) reminds me a LITTLE of the p90x i just started - as hard as you make it, quick and effective, and engaging!
  • 000WhiteRose000
    000WhiteRose000 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I've done Jillian 30 day shred, thought it was ok but got very bored after 2 weeks... I'm looking for something that would either burn a lot of calories (like TurboFire) or get me ripped! :-)
  • JeninBelgium
    JeninBelgium Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I am thinking of getting a DVD workout program and wondered which one to get. I'm 63 and have osteoporosis so I think that might have to be factored in. I think it would have to be low impact. Any suggestions?

Peggy I second Serenity's advice- Leslie Sansone makes a lot of indoor walking dvds that are all low impact and great to start out with- If they are too much for you she also makes a few aimed at seniors but my mother in law in her early 70s said those were great for a week or two but she quickly outgrew them and uses Leslie's other dvds more-

Ellen Barrett has a lot of yoga/pilates/ dance based dvds which are low impact but can be challenging

Gin Miller- the step aerobics queen has a dvd that I am working on called everybody steps- low impact but getting my heart rate right up there!

talk with your doctor some impact will help build bones but i am not sure how severe your osteoporosis is...
  • PeggyWoodson
    Options

Peggy I second Serenity's advice- Leslie Sansone makes a lot of indoor walking dvds that are all low impact and great to start out with- If they are too much for you she also makes a few aimed at seniors but my mother in law in her early 70s said those were great for a week or two but she quickly outgrew them and uses Leslie's other dvds more-

Ellen Barrett has a lot of yoga/pilates/ dance based dvds which are low impact but can be challenging

Gin Miller- the step aerobics queen has a dvd that I am working on called everybody steps- low impact but getting my heart rate right up there!

talk with your doctor some impact will help build bones but i am not sure how severe your osteoporosis is...
    Thank you so much for the advice. I will look into all of these dvds and try to pick one. I know exercise is good for osteoporosis and the fact that I am now retired makes it important for me to get something going. Now if I could just loose this 30 lbs, I'd be in great condition.
  • Molly182
    Molly182 Posts: 406
    Options
    Turbo Fire is great. Chalean Extreme is, too. I think I read that you also did Insanity? I find that after doing Turbo Fire other cardio workouts are far too easy now lol. I ordered P90X yesterday. I hope I'm up for it!
  • PeggyWoodson
    Options

Thank you so much for the advice. I will look into all of these dvds and try to pick one. I know exercise is good for osteoporosis and the fact that I am now retired makes it important for me to get something going. Now if I could just loose this 30 lbs, I'd be in great condition.

I just ordered Leslie Sansone's DVD. thanks again for the advice.
  • tracylee679
    tracylee679 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I have done TF and love it! I just recently started Les Mills PUMP from Beachbody and it is amazing. Getting ready to get my workout done for the day and am excited about it!
  • SheilaParker
    SheilaParker Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I have done Turbofire and and currently working on P90X! I absolutely love both of them. I'm also thinking about ordering Insanity, Chalean Extreme and their new program Tai Cheng =)
  • melr789
    melr789 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    jillian's ripped in 30, shed and shred,and yoga meltdown and bob harper yoga for the warrior
  • dvs1962
    dvs1962 Posts: 6
    Options
    Cathe Friedrich has some low impact/high intensity workout dvds you may want to check out.
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Tae Bo.
  • 000WhiteRose000
    000WhiteRose000 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I have got insanity but I'm scared.

I did 30 mins and sweated more than I ever sweated in my whole life. It was so damn hard.

It's okay to do once in a while but I don't think I would stick with it 5-6 times a week... not at the moment...