Walking Shorts....rubbing thighs

Options
People who walk very long distance I am hoping that can help me if you are having the same problem that I am having.

I am 260 5'9. I kind of have flabby inner thighs so when I walk they will rub against one another.

I try to use biker shorts to keep them from shafting, but there are times where it will ride up.

Is there anything out there that will help keep the rubbing down until I can loose enough weight where they will not rub on their own?

Replies

• kaned_ferret
    kaned_ferret Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    lanacaine anti chafing gel, without a word of a lie is magic - it does exactly what it says on the tin!
  • acuratlsd
    acuratlsd Posts: 228
    Options
    First! Interesting Photo! LOL

Second.. This Magic you speak of... Where do you find it?
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I don't know how I would feel using crotch grease. How about compression shorts?
  • acuratlsd
    Options
    That is what I am using but after about 3 miles then the shorts start riding up... its not a good feeling. At least not for me.
  • conlippert
    Options
    I would try the silkiest pair of athletic shorts I could find. Like what basketball players wear.
  • acuratlsd
    Options
    I bought some today... so once it starts to get nice out then i will test them out. I love walking. I hate the fat that I got so much fat between my legs that I have those issues.

thank you for your response. I really appreciate your opinions.
  • leannems
    leannems Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    You can pick up the anti-chafing gel at a pharmacy - like walgreens or CVS. Lanacane and Monistat (yeah - i know - but it's not for THAT) both make one and they both work great. They've come into popularity lately because many woman are purchasing them to use as makeup primers in exchange for expensive high end primers. They should be easy to find.

http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/lanacane-anti-chafing-gel/ID=prod6050667-product
    http://www.amazon.com/Monistat-Soothing-Powder-Gel-1-5-Ounce-Containers/dp/B000FKLKXQ
  • mdebbie1026
    mdebbie1026 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Gold Bond Medicated Powder will help - from any drug store, Wal Mart, Target etc.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I've had this problem in the past and it ruined my summer! X
  • nagle77
    nagle77 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I had that problem a few years ago. I used body glide. You can buy it at ****s or any sporting store.
  • wocm15
    wocm15 Posts: 81
    Options
    I just swipe deodorant on my thighs before going on a run! Bodyglide is also pretty awesome.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    They make capri style running pants/shorts for men, that would help with the riding up issue.
  • puggypatti
    Options
    I like long compresson shorts better then my bike ones since they don't have the padding. If they ride up then your size is way too big. I have never had spandex ride up on me...but then I have pretty good sized legs.
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    Hmm, look at how your compression/spandex shorts are stitched, I've got da chubby thighs and mine don't ride. They are the C9 compression ones from Target, couldn't hurt to look =)
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    You should check into Mantyhose. I hear they're all the rage in France.
  • zoom2
    zoom2 Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Body Glide is junk...$$ and frequently breaks off the stick once you've used 2/3 of the product. It doesn't work nearly as well as SportShield, either. Silicone-based SportShield was recommended to me by several friends who run ultras. It costs about the same as Body Glide, but a bottle of SS easily lasts 3x as long and works FAR better. I've run marathons using the stuff while wearing running skirts with briefs underneath, so skin on skin. It's also great under spots where my sport bra rubs.
  • valenief
    valenief Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Spandex don't rub!
  • hbkanumalla
    hbkanumalla Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I second the body glide recommendation!
  • MiChaChelle
    MiChaChelle Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    dont u just hate it when that happens? i have the same problem too. just use some speedstick on it.. ur thighs will glide and wont rub together or cause redness. u could also try buying spandex shorts that r well short.. lol i know guys dont like spandex bcz they feel exposed but u can get them long enough so that ur thighs dont rub together but still short enough in order not to show under ur basketball shorts or whatever pants u wear
  • 7funnygirl7
    7funnygirl7 Posts: 1,176
    Options
    I have in the past just used plain old "solid degree" deodorant and rubbed on my inner thighs. I also get really sweaty feet and put on them too ~ works GREAT and so cheap!! Added bonus; ~ you smell good too...LOL In your case, a deodorant of your choice should do the trick!