college student :)

Options

Replies

• CoCoFluff
    CoCoFluff Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm also a college student. And no it is not the easiest environment at all to make such a huge lifestyle change. I'm 80days in on MFP and 19.9 pounds down. Feel free to add me.... and we can help out each other. :) I'm still a work in progress.
  • RiverMelSong
    RiverMelSong Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I'm a college student as well, so feel free to add me! :)
  • FabulouslyFitTam
    FabulouslyFitTam Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    My name is Tamara and I'm a fourth year at UVA... and gained my weight during my 2nd year. I'm a Weight Watchers member and I do MFP. Feel free to add me!
  • lozanoish
    Options
    Hi! I'm about to graduate this May! I feel you! I'll add you up. :D
  • austindog2
    austindog2 Posts: 128
    Options
    I'm a college student, too! Feel free to add me for motivation! :)
  • Molly182
    Molly182 Posts: 406
    Options
    I'm a college student. Next year is my last year! I also work full time. scheduling time for fitness isn't always easy, but I love it.
  • jill92787
    jill92787 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I gained a lot of weight in college, but I also LOST a lot of weight in college once I put my mind to it. I'm 24 and I'm in the military now, but when I was an undergrad my weight hit 230. (I'm 5'8''). When I hit that "I need to fix this" point, I lost 60 lbs in 8 months, just by working out once a day and logging my calories on MFP. Once you start paying attention to what you're putting in your mouth, it can happen, and being in college it was actually way easier to lose weight than after, let me tell you. Especially if you get a job that is in an office setting? Brutal. College is the time to do it, you just have to have the motivation and dedication!
  • MsDreaB
    MsDreaB Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I gained a lot of weight in college, but I also LOST a lot of weight in college once I put my mind to it. I'm 24 and I'm in the military now, but when I was an undergrad my weight hit 230. (I'm 5'8''). When I hit that "I need to fix this" point, I lost 60 lbs in 8 months, just by working out once a day and logging my calories on MFP. Once you start paying attention to what you're putting in your mouth, it can happen, and being in college it was actually way easier to lose weight than after, let me tell you. Especially if you get a job that is in an office setting? Brutal. College is the time to do it, you just have to have the motivation and dedication!

You are so right....no time like the present..congrats on all the weight loss!!!
  • MsDreaB
    Options
    I'm a college student. Next year is my last year! I also work full time. scheduling time for fitness isn't always easy, but I love it.

yeah I feel better and more alert when I work out!!!! It can be hard but it must be done.
  • MsDreaB
    Options
    I'm a college student, too! Feel free to add me for motivation! :)

hi! okay just did :)
  • MsDreaB
    Options
    I am also a senior in college. I decided that now is the best time for me to make a change.

Feel free to add me :)

thanks I sent a request! Yeah no time like the present to make a change!!!!
  • MsDreaB
    Options
    Hi, I'm also a college student. And no it is not the easiest environment at all to make such a huge lifestyle change. I'm 80days in on MFP and 19.9 pounds down. Feel free to add me.... and we can help out each other. :) I'm still a work in progress.

wow great success :) Okay just sent u a request! Yeah college can be hard but it can also work if you really try like you are doing :)
  • laura657
    laura657 Posts: 21
    Options
    I'm a sophomore and I def gained the freshman 15 last year! :/ Feel free to add me :)
  • dezaraepeeples
    dezaraepeeples Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm not in college, but I'm 22 and gained a lot of weight after graduating high school because I had bad eating habits, but a very active job (even lost weight on that job while keeping my terrible eating habits...). However, I'm working on losing it. I've got about 40-50 pounds I'd like to lose.

Feel free to add me if you'd like. I'm not a big commenter, but could always use the extra support and will be happy to return the favor. <<< This goes to everyone here. Also, I'm married, so I have it a little harder than some because my husband is in pretty good shape (active job, plays basketball at least once a week for a couple-3 hours, etc.) and doesn't feel the need to join me in this, but does support me WONDERFULLY.
  • latysh
    latysh Posts: 29
    Options
    I am in my first year of college and had gained tons of weight by staying at home for almost a year. I LOVE FOOD and never thought I will go on diet but just tracking my calories and not depriving myself it will all works out. Add me :)
  • alyssanichele
    Options
    Hi there :D
    I'm rounding out my second year of college. I've always been overweight but of course, I gained weight my freshman year. So I lost the freshman 10 and then some :D and still going! Feel free to add me if you like :)
  • parsla
    parsla Posts: 11
    Options
    Hey! I am also a grad student, and I too gained over 30 pounds, but this time I wish to lose 35 pounds. Lets do this together!!!
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I'm a college student and I gained 50 plus pounds my second year there but I lost about half and I'm still working on losing more and getting back in top notch shape. Feel free to add me :)
  • MsDreaB
    Options
    I'm a sophomore and I def gained the freshman 15 last year! :/ Feel free to add me :)

ugh I hate the freshman 15 esp. when you live on campus and have a meal plan (the food at the cafeteria/lunch area is SO BAD and full of calories.)
  • k_pattie
    k_pattie Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm a college student - gained about 40 pounds during the first couple years.. am a senior now and have lost 10lbs already, while trying to get fit and shed about 20-25 more! I'll add you - I love meeting people on MFP :)