apple cider vinegar?

Options
marpeters
marpeters Posts: 205 Member
Hey all you health food - very knowledgeable people out there-- What are the benefits you have had from adding apple cider vinegar to your health plan...when and what do you use the vinegar with--in--for??? Am very open to learning more.
Thanks

Replies

• shaynemann39
    Options
    For me, it's not about weight loss benefits, although I have heard that, too =) personally, it helps keep my skin clear of acne and I find myself having more energy!! I take my ACV in tablet form, 2 in the morning and 2 in the afternoon just with lots of water. the taste is disgusting even on the pills... I tried liquid AVC with juice or water but I couldnt get past the flavour... haha :)
  • lynniesue42
    Options
    I have just recently tried it, I have yet to see a benefit, and the taste is horrible...but I look forward to seeing what other people have to say
  • grassette
    grassette Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    It gives me terrible, terrible acid reflux. And to think that I tried it because somebody said it cured that kind of thing!
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    I posted a topic about this last week with no response b/c I just started taking the capsules a couple of weeks ago...I hope someone responds to this so that I can learn too...Thanks for asking.. :)

16043484.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • R_is_for_Rachel
    R_is_for_Rachel Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I tried it a while back mostly because reading that it has benefits for your skin ( i get roseacea bad) and acid reflux.
    i hated it and it felt like it burned my throat! so not keen personally but lots of other people get results so i think you just have to try ot out and see (its not expensive)
  • maf66
    maf66 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I'm curious myself. I use a lot of balsamic vinegar, on my salads, with no oil, but what are the differences?
  • marpeters
    Options
    Thanks, I'll have to do the research...
  • Avandel
    Avandel Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I mix 2 to 1 ACV & honey in a mug of hot water to ward off a cold. I'm curious now, maybe I should have one a day to see if it helps with the weight loss.
  • lauehorn
    lauehorn Posts: 183
    Options
    Hey all you health food - very knowledgeable people out there-- What are the benefits you have had from adding apple cider vinegar to your health plan...when and what do you use the vinegar with--in--for??? Am very open to learning more.
    Thanks

First, get the raw and unfiltered kind.

Second, it's good for: heartburn remedy, aiding in improving digestion and bowel regularity, breaking down fats, clearing skin, and other things. It's also great for clarifying and conditioning your hair (and it adds shine!).

If I drink it, I usually mix 1T with 4 ounces raw cranberry juice and the juice of one lemon in a 16 ounce container and fill the rest with cold water.

For my hair, I mix 2 ounces ACV with 14 ounces of water and use after shampooing.

EDIT: I get Bragg's Raw and Unfiltered ACV: http://bragg.com/products/acvFAQ.html
  • rmchapman4
    rmchapman4 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I use it for colds because it's antibacterial, antifungal, and antiviral. I also use it in my bath water once in a while; it relieves feminine itching. My daughter takes it for her allergies and she loves it. I have not noticed any weight loss results. Good luck--it's worth a try.
  • Hidyom
    Hidyom Posts: 1
    Options
    It is pretty awful but I am trying it in water to help with the weight loss. I put 2 tbl spoons in a little water and swig it down like a medicine. Some friends use it like in salads etc, Good luck.
  • marpeters
    Options
    First, get the raw and unfiltered kind.

Second, it's good for: heartburn remedy, aiding in improving digestion and bowel regularity, breaking down fats, clearing skin, and other things. It's also great for clarifying and conditioning your hair (and it adds shine!).

If I drink it, I usually mix 1T with 4 ounces raw cranberry juice and the juice of one lemon in a 16 ounce container and fill the rest with cold water.

For my hair, I mix 2 ounces ACV with 14 ounces of water and use after shampooing.

EDIT: I get Bragg's Raw and Unfiltered ACV: http://bragg.com/products/acvFAQ.html
    [/quote]
  • spaceys
    spaceys Posts: 58
    Options
    i heard it's bad for your teeth, so i'd be interested in the capsule form. for those taking the capsules, where do you find them?