Today's very special NSV

Options

Replies

• lombrica
    lombrica Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    I think it's absolutely wonderful... absolutely wonderful!

Speaking as someone who has several alcoholics in her life... I wish that they could make choices other than alcohol. But, as someone who has worked as a drug and alcohol counselor... I understand why so often they don't.

So... to you - I just say that your choice was awesome! And I loved... loved this story!
  • msgingerc
    msgingerc Posts: 38
    Options
    I think you are so awesome. Well done!
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! *raises a glass of ice cold water to you!*
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    You are so inspiring, and I don't even know you but I am SO PROUD OF YOU.

I am sure your wife is just overjoyed at your accomplishment today.

Keep it up sir, BRAVO!
  • MrsObundles
    MrsObundles Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    So proud of you Kinrad! That is so awesome!
  • mem1086
    mem1086 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! That is a wonderful NSV, and I hope you have this same small victory many many times. Alcoholism is a terrible addiction, I have personally seem it ruin several family members' lives. Keep it up!
  • SnazzyTraveller
    SnazzyTraveller Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Gave me goosebumps and don't even know u! congrats, very special indeed :)
  • rubyosburn
    rubyosburn Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, that is a great NSV, keep it up!!!
  • Cherishanne
    Cherishanne Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I am sooo thrilled that you chose to share this very awesome NSV with us! You made such a superb choice today and you deserve all the wonderful comments you've received. It takes a moment like that to remind you what's really important and I'm sure your wife and children feel that much more important in your life tonight. Way to go!!
  • musicgirl88
    musicgirl88 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    That is so great!! Congrats! Keep up with all the dedication!! :)
  • steelerwheeler
    Options
    I am proud of you! All of us who posted here today celebrate in your victory with you.
  • tammi42
    tammi42 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! 'Just for today'. :smile:
  • emily356
    emily356 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Wow. What a fantastic choice you made. That is really so awesome.:)
  • amazondakini
    amazondakini Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I am in recovery too my friend, you can do it, and it felt great didn't it, to chose something else. i was touched by your story. One day at a time, one choice at a time. Well done, keep doing it.
  • Airbear3
    Airbear3 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    i find it's just as good for the body as it is the brain! congratulations on changing your life:0) that's what its all about! that's success:flowerforyou:
  • TheresaRichardson
    Options
    What a terrific NSV. Not only did you not drink, you chose a positive way to handle the annoyances. Good for you!
  • baycat107
    baycat107 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    That is HUGE! Something is changing inside you, and that's a good thing. I find that running does relieve stress. CONGRATS on making a good decision.
  • aeberly01
    aeberly01 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    So awesome! Great NSV!
    (I am NOT an alcoholic, but last night several of the same "little" things were going on in my home and I DID pick up a drink! - Wish I would have worked out instead!)
  • gigibenton
    gigibenton Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Truly the most moving nsv I've ever read here... Your children noticed the choice you made today. Trust me.. I know from experience.
  • amberjean30
    amberjean30 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Amazing! ( that's the work of the Lord right there ) not only a nsv for you but for your entire family! congratulations!!!! I will put you on my prayer list, if ya don't mind...... again Amazing brought tears to my eyes
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!