5'3 girls already maintaining

Options
Hi I think I am just about ready too maitain weight, but I am also still trying to tone so I am not sure how that works . . .

I am curious about your stats and caloric/nutrient goals so I can have an idea of what to expect

:)

Replies

• qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3", 108lbs and maintaining. I am eating a net calorie of 1460, which is what MFP gives me for maintenance with a sedentary lifestyle. I used a couple other online calculators, I got 1515 and 1500 something. So I just stayed with 1460, and eat my exercise calories back. Most days, I actually go over my caloric goal, but it hasn't affect my weight/look/measurements.
  • Babsvii
    Babsvii Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I too have just moved over to maintaining... only on day 2 and have decided to do what the above poster is doing... i am 5'2" 110lbs and aiming to consume 1460net calories. Since i just started i can't say how its going to work for me but i do NOT want to lose anymore weight and this seems to be the best option for me... other then my workouts i live a pretty sedentary life so i don't think i need much more then this to maintain. I am defiantly enjoying eating more food now then i did well i was losing. I have never ate so much food In my entire life and i am loving it!! :)
  • amonkey794
    amonkey794 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    hmm MFP says maitainence for me is a little over 1600 . . . ?

Any others out there ?

:)
  • amonkey794
    Options
    ??
  • rjbrowne
    rjbrowne Posts: 28
    Options
    I'm 5'2", I've been maintaining at 100 and toning up for about 5 months. MFP has me set at 1640. I seem to typically eat around 1500 and I try not to eat my excercise calories back. I typically burn around 200ish calories 5-6 days a week and I'm pretty active throughout the day. I don't know if this helps, but it seems to be working for me. I seem to vary between 1-2 pounds at the most. Enjoy maintenance...it's so much better than 1200!
  • Springfield_Rocks
    Options
    hi ladies,

i am so glad to see women together here of the same height. it's nice to compare calories, tips, etc.

i cannot believe you stay so slim eating 1400-1500 calories! this has really inspired me.

i have dieted pretty much my whole life, i never thought it was possible to eat well and be thin.

this whole thread has been a real wake up call for me.

i am a binge eater, starver, who has managed to climb to 250! yikes!

so i am going to stick with eating healthy calories and exercise and hopefully there will be less of me soon.

maybe we can keep this tread going?

cheers!
  • persilcolours
    persilcolours Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    bump
  • redbekah
    redbekah Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and 118 pounds and trying to figure out how much to eat to maintain too...
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    hmm I am 5 ft 3-4 and am 118 maintaining on about 2250 calories per day
  • redbekah
    Options

Wow! What exercise do you do?
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    You're lucky Sunshine. I don't think most can maintain on that higher amount.

Exercise is particularly important during maintenance. If you exercise regularly you can eat more and maintain.
  • littlemili
    littlemili Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Height is completely irrelevant so since I am maintaining at a similar weight I will put in my situation. I am 108ish, and I maintain on 2200. Why? I don't have a car, I eat very clean, and I lift heavy. My workouts are rarely longer than 30 minutes. I thought I couldn't eat more than about 1000 calories a day without gaining but turns out I had just screwed my metabolism from dieting, went through a metabolism restoration period and now I get to eat like a pig and I can lose weight on 1700. Boom.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options

I lift weights and do little cardio xD

I have a body media fit and rarely is it under 2200 for the day
  • CallmeSbo
    CallmeSbo Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    bump
  • redbekah
    Options

I lift weights and do little cardio xD

I have a body media fit and rarely is it under 2200 for the day

Hmm, it seems all the high calorie eaters I've seen lift weights. And I love food so I'd love a high calorie intake. How do you go about starting to lift weights?
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 109 lb and eat around 1200 for maintenance.
    I do exercise but not everyday.
  • sammanchester
    sammanchester Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I was just wondering how many cals (before and after exercising) you were all eating whilst you were losing weight? I live a pretty sedentary life if I don't exercise and so my TDEE was calculated at less than 1500 a day (not including workouts). MFP has me set to lose about 2lbs a month if I eat 1200!
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Height is completely irrelevant so since I am maintaining at a similar weight I will put in my situation. I am 108ish, and I maintain on 2200. Why? I don't have a car, I eat very clean, and I lift heavy. My workouts are rarely longer than 30 minutes. I thought I couldn't eat more than about 1000 calories a day without gaining but turns out I had just screwed my metabolism from dieting, went through a metabolism restoration period and now I get to eat like a pig and I can lose weight on 1700. Boom.

Height is not completely irrelevant.
  • amonkey794
    Options
    hmmmm everyone is so different XD I'll have to trust MFP i guess because it seems to work. Good Luck Guys!!!!!!