Discouraged... :(

Options
when I started my weight loss journey I was 3 months post partum with my daughter and weighed about 165 and in size 15 pants in July 2011 (I'm 5'3"). I have lost almost 30 lbs so far. I'm at 137 now, but still in a size 12 or 13 pants :( I'm 10 pounds lighter than my pre pregnancy weight, but have a horrible csection belly & I don't feel like I'm getting anywhere. Went to a secondhand store yesterday to but pants because my 13's are too big and bought 11's thinking they would fit and none did. I exercise almost daily and it's always more than 30 minutes, around 60 min like 3 tomes this week. My calorie intake is set to 1500 and I do pretty good most days. This is such a frustrating journey. ;( I just want to fit in my old jeans... Any advice?

Replies

• ashbergum
    ashbergum Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Forgot that I work as a nurse and work twelves on my feet the entire time prob walk at least 3 miles every work day. And I never snack at work because I don't hAve time..
  • ThinningDownChick
    ThinningDownChick Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    when I started my weight loss journey I was 3 months post partum with my daughter and weighed about 165 and in size 15 pants in July 2011 (I'm 5'3"). I have lost almost 30 lbs so far. I'm at 137 now, but still in a size 12 or 13 pants :( I'm 10 pounds lighter than my pre pregnancy weight, but have a horrible csection belly & I don't feel like I'm getting anywhere. Went to a secondhand store yesterday to but pants because my 13's are too big and bought 11's thinking they would fit and none did. I exercise almost daily and it's always more than 30 minutes, around 60 min like 3 tomes this week. My calorie intake is set to 1500 and I do pretty good most days. This is such a frustrating journey. ;( I just want to fit in my old jeans... Any advice?

First off, CONGRATS!!! You have done great so far! If you gained alot during your pregnancy and stretched those muscles out it's going to take a while for it to go down. I didn't have a csection with either of my babies, but I do know those that have and it does take a little longer. Make sure you're working some good weight training on your core into your routine. You need to build them muscles back up AND lose the fat around them to actually change the shape of your belly.

Give it some time, it will happen :) And your baby is beautiful ;)
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    congrats on your weight loss so far.

the closer your body gets to a healthy weight, the more time it will take to lose weight.

also what type of exercises are you doing? if you want to reshape your body you should be working out with weights, especially now that you're so close to your goal.
  • Fitness4Paul
    Fitness4Paul Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    If you're doing cardio every day maybe change it up and do a couple of days of some good weight training. I find weights seem to kick my body into high gear. Also with the weights you'll see tone and definition pretty quickly. I think that would really help you see some changes in your body and see your clothes fitting looser. There will be lots of support on here to help you establish a good women's weight routine to serve your goals.
  • Fitness4Paul
    Fitness4Paul Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    BTW 20 lbs lost is a lot of weight. You're doing great! Be proud of what you already have accomplished.
  • cbl40
    cbl40 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I had two C sections. It took me at least 8 months to get back down to my original weight after having my babies. Give it time and you'll get there! Congratulations!!
  • mjterp
    mjterp Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    A lot changes when you have a baby. breasts enlarge and drop, hips widen...feet widen...hair thickens then falls out. Biologically, changes have happened and maybe you need the womens cut 10 or 12 instead of the jr cut 11. This does not mean you are fat by ANY means. It means hormones during pregnancy changed your bone structure the way they were supposed to in order to support that amazing life that grew inside you.
  • ashbergum
    ashbergum Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I havent done alot of weight training, I need to add more of that in. My exercise consists of elliPtical, walking, Turbo Jam, and 30DS. My baby is 1 year old so I can't use that as an excuse lol & I'm 10 lbs lighter than
    My prepregnancy weight. I think weight lifting will probably make a big difference..