has anyone stopped counting calories?

Options
Hey all,

so as I am pre much trying to eat the same foods every day and I know the calorie content and even the nutritional content of it, I was wondering if anyone has stopped counting calories, and still lost weight?

Replies

• Chrisgarcia1287
    Options
    I basically have. I put stuff in my food diary every now and then. I've reached my goal weight and basically know how many calories and fat grams all the stuff i eat is now. I'm not looking to lose any more weight. Just maintain, and hopefully gain more muscle weight.
  • bdhoward87
    bdhoward87 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I don't usually log my calories anymore because I have kind of learned what is what. Only when I am not sure about something do I log it.
  • gazz777au
    gazz777au Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Yep !

I lost before I started counting calories too !

A few dietary changes and a little exercise each week - starting a year ago. March - June last year I lost 10kg (22lb).

I have maintained and lost as I (or my circumstances, etc) so choose since November.

My life is really busy but I try and show up here for My Awesome Fitness Pals !

When I was losing weight on MFP I was guesstimating rather than obsessing - that is why so programs costing money work too - lifestyle thing, not obsessing, 'good enough' systems.
  • liveyourlifex
    liveyourlifex Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    i stopped counting calories and just eat whats healthy for me. i have a general idea of what my intake is, but i don't count like i used to. i used to be obsessed with everything but I'm happier and free-er now :)
  • moonbaby12
    moonbaby12 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I have a similar approach, I use it when I am not sure, and I often use the recipe builder when I am cooking a new dish to see how it stacks up nutritionally. I use MFP more now to see if I am getting the nutrition I need, as opposed to just counting calories.
  • wvval
    wvval Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I lost weight before without counting calories. You just need to be aware of what you're eating and keep a good balance in your life.
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    NO!
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Absolutely NOT! You are inviting failure. I am here over 195 days. Yes, it get so boring but this or overweight. It takes a minute. Are you worth a minute? It is like an alcoholic having only1 drink. If you have been here over a year and stopped counting and lost weight, well you are exceptional.
  • Chrisgarcia1287
    Options
    Absolutely NOT! You are inviting failure. I am here over 195 days. Yes, it get so boring but this or overweight. It takes a minute. Are you worth a minute? It is like an alcoholic having only1 drink. If you have been here over a year and stopped counting and lost weight, well you are exceptional.

Your not inviting failure. It depends on the person. If you have good self control, you'll be fine. You gotta have a goal. Whether it be to look good or feel good. That keeps me motivated enough to keep my healthy lifestyle. And cus i love fitness and am addicted to endorphins lol :P
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I've only been here 22 weeks and I am still diligent about counting calories, as I still have a long way to go. Also, I tend to try out new recipes and not stay with the same things each week because I would get bored. It also keeps me from eating too little.
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options

Your not inviting failure. It depends on the person. If you have good self control, you'll be fine. You gotta have a goal. Whether it be to look good or feel good. That keeps me motivated enough to keep my healthy lifestyle. And cus i love fitness and am addicted to endorphins lol :P
    That is great!!! I hope you are still addicted at 70.