I GAINED A POUND?!?!??!??????????!

Options
Hey everyone. I have been dieting for a while. I am following a 1400 diet. For some reason, I ended up gaining a pound over the two last weeks. Did this happen to anyone else? Was there a time where the scale showed no progress and even a couple of pounds more than before even though you thought you looked slimmer?

Replies

• lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    yep to all the questions. that's why it's important to measure progress in other ways. tape measure, clothes, fitness.
  • ezrahartman
    Options
    Hang tough. it happens. Maybe you need to change your workout. Are you doing the same workout day in/day out? You do need to have muscle/workout confusion. What about your food? Are you trying different things? Hang in there...it will change!
  • dododo123
    dododo123 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    thanks, I will have to buy a tape measure I guess :(
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    You probably arent eating enough.

Check your numbers against the link on my profile and see.
  • Wisemomoffour
    Wisemomoffour Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Happens to me all the time!! I do strength training twice a week and so for a couple days after each I think my muscles retain water to heal. Plus my diet tends to be high sodium. I try really hard to watch it but usually fail. In addition, depends on the time of the month and if I've drank more than one diet soda the day before. TOO many variables!!!! Hang in there...if you know you haven't eaten 3500 EXTRA calories in the week, it can't be fat. Good luck!
  • dododo123
    Options
    Yes, I almost always eat the same thing and every week I do the same workouts.
  • letmebeda1_wechange
    letmebeda1_wechange Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I just gained 2 lbs back, i'm not suprised at this. I did behave bad yesterday and this week i have taken in too much sodium. but at the same token from a 45 waist went down to a 42 waist. now my confusion is them hips from a 44 went up to a 46.5.

again sodium in my case big factor. and i'm lifting weights so that also is changing things around. hang in there. and measure yourself. i'm glad i did that makes me smile i lost 3 inches off the waist oh yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh doing the happy dance. woop woop
  • dododo123
    Options
    thats great letmebeda1, losing from the waist is a common goal here i think :)