Lowest Calorie Subway Bread?

Options
What bread has the least amount of calories at subway?

Replies

• sun33082
    sun33082 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Go to subway.com and find out...
  • mazecraze30
    Options
    Go to subway.com and find out...
    It's not telling me calorie info for just breads, it's all 'create a meal' or premade sandwiches.
  • Wayne092
    Wayne092 Posts: 23
    Options
    I would think it's the wheat bread.
  • icemaiden17_uk
    icemaiden17_uk Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Bump! Enquiring minds need to know!
  • Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    The flat breads
  • amie0724
    amie0724 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I believe it is the flat bread or whole grain bread .
  • sun33082
    Options
    Ok. I went on there. I picked the veggie delite and then unchecked all of the veggies, no cheese, no dressings, no sauces. Italian is the lowest with 210 calories for a 6". Wheat is 220. Highest is 9 grain Honey Oat with 270.
  • ninakir88
    ninakir88 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    im pretty sure its Italian bread
  • blaker128
    Options
    The Italian (plain white bread) has 200 cals for half of a loaf (6"). Thats the lowest calorie bread they offer. The flatbreads are actually the highest at 250 cals per 6".
  • KateB1982
    KateB1982 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I also believe it is the wheat bread. If you compare, for instance, a turkey sub on wheat vs. a turkey sub on flatbread, the overall calories are much less.
  • katkat987
    katkat987 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    It's definitely italian, i checked the other day x
  • sun33082
    Options
    Wasn't trying to be rude. Just saying if you want to know the facts, go to the source. People are going to give their "opinions" and after going to the subway website, it shows they are wrong.
  • KateB1982
    KateB1982 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Ok. I went on there. I picked the veggie delite and then unchecked all of the veggies, no cheese, no dressings, no sauces. Italian is the lowest with 210 calories for a 6". Wheat is 220. Highest is 9 grain Honey Oat with 270.

I guess I was wrong! :)
  • PositivelyFlawed
    PositivelyFlawed Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    The lowest cals is italian bread, BUT the best for nutrition is probably honey oat because of fibre and whole grains. Italian is just enriched white .
  • rrrainiii
    rrrainiii Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I was there yesterday and the nutritional pamphlet said to go with the Italian or wheat bread when watching calories.

This made me sad because I love the honey oat. :(
  • markpmc
    markpmc Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I usually opt for the wheat is it's a more complex card than the white bread in spite of the cals.
  • Nadyasmom
    Nadyasmom Posts: 281
    Options
    If you go under the nutrition/menu tab, you have the option of the meal builder or simply nutrition info. Click the link for nutrition info and then with the tab markings at the top, you can select "breads".

Did that, and saw that hte 9 grain wheat had the lowest calorie count.
  • Gigi06t
    Gigi06t Posts: 1
    Options
    You can find their nutrition chart here: http://www.subway.com/Nutrition/Files/NutritionValues.pdf
    Looks like the 6 inch Itialian bread comes in at the lowest at 200 calories. For some reason there is no listing for their yummy flatbread...

Hope this helps. :-)
  • moodymarble
    moodymarble Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    If you want even less calories in the bread ask to have it "scooped". They scoop out a portion of the bread and it's the shell that's left.
  • ka_bateman
    ka_bateman Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    The woman that owns our subway told me that it was the White Bread.