:yawn: See ya. Wouldn't wan't to be ya!
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Vanilla-Ice.jpg
  • Kougra
    Kougra Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Ahhh....gotta love these kinda threads in the morning. Hmmm....does this mean I am a failure because I didn't lose 5lbs a week? Guess my 72lb weight loss is chump change to some. :drinker:
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    wow. passive aggressive much, OP?

This site has helped me be accountable.

It's here to guide you, not carry you.

72 lbs down because of it.
  • krist3ng
    krist3ng Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I just signed on today and according to my plan on here, I'll restrict myself and work my a** off for a grand total weight loss of 5 pounds in a month.

Are you kidding me? By exercising and following a low carb diet, I would lose that in a week. ( I have done this in the past and kept the weight off for years. It was when I got careless about my eating and exercise habits that I gained weight again.)

I just wanted to check this out, but it looks like it's not for me. I need faster results or I KNOW I won't stick with it.

Good luck to everyone.

Bye.

weight loss isn't like math. You won't "lose five pounds per month" like clockwork. Ask anyone on this site how much weight they lost in their first week, and it'd probably be something like 5 pounds or more. That's what HAPPENS the first week. In the past, years ago, I've eaten extremely horribly, like 500-700 calories a day. And even then there were weeks where I only lost 1-2 pounds. Your body won't keep losing extreme amounts of weight unless you have a big excess of weight to begin with.

MFP is just a way to keep track of what you're eating; you can eat low carb and exercise WHILE using it. It doesn't come with a prescribed diet. If you need fast results, by all means kickstart your diet with a juice and soup fast or something. But don't think that just because of MFP's (rather conservative) estimates, you won't get results using it.
  • rinnismom
    rinnismom Posts: 190
    Options
    good luck on your eating disorder journey.

if you ever make it back to reality, mfp won't hold it against you and it'll even welcome you back to help you learn the healthier way to getting fit.

i used to think this way, too. (boy, was i wrong!)
  • ❤B☩❤
    ❤B☩❤ Posts: 634
    Options
    I'm really hoping you did not post this so that you would have all of us BEG you to stay. Go if you wanna go, stay if you wanna stay. If this is not for you, and you *supposedly* did better on your 'other' diet, then don't hand around with US LOSERS (and I mean that in the most literal way possible).....

BUH-BYE!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Keep in touch! We'll miss you!
  • BlondeToast
    Options
    And that's why you'll never lose any weight.
  • MegMalin
    MegMalin Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    It is a helpful tool for me to track what I eat, my exercise and I get support from lots of good peeps. It's coming off slowly, but I like to eat and don't want to feel "deprived". But, it is coming off! And I'm making lifestyle changes. Good luck to you however you do it. Be healthy and happy!:happy:
  • lickmybaconcakes
    lickmybaconcakes Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    It's not going to happen overnight...
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    free-online-virtual-worlds-21.jpg
  • Savyna
    Savyna Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    glad your negativity is gone from the site. the only time you'd lose about 5lbs in a week is from water weight or something. Weight loss shouldn't be about mega quick results because you're asking for all the weight you took off to jump right back on. Its better when the loss is done gradually. If you can't understand that you're setting yourself up for failure...especially with the attitude you exhibited.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Looks like the other way didn't work for you or you wouldn't be looking to lose. We at mfp are trying to make a lifestyle change and not just a quick diet. Good luck in which ever way you do it.:drinker:
  • ispearing
    ispearing Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    different things for different people, I actually like this site because it allows me to keep track of what I eat and also helps with self control. I like to see what calories I eat in a day without guessing and this does all the foot work for me plus I can see how many calories I burn with the exercises I do. healthy weight loss is 1-2 lbs a week nothing more because yes you can loose weight quick with other methods out there but if you introduce things back into your life that you cut out its very easy to gain the weight back again. I went from 250-190lbs in 11months by monitoring what I eat and vigorous exercise. I started working out jan 2010 and by the end of that year I had lost all that weight i did slack after that and got comfortable but only was fluctuating 2-4 lbs more and I didn't want that so now at 192.3lbs I want to get down to anywhere between 165-169 and I plan to do it that same way and keep it off as I have done previously. to each one's own but don't criticize something that doesn't work for you when it may work for others. weight loss is hard anyway and with discouraging words like this why would anyone try it?
  • kobiemom
    kobiemom Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    You're absolutely right. It's easier to lose on a low-carb diet. At least the first few times. It all comes back, of course, and you have to keep doing it over again. Somewhere in your 40's or 50's, it doesn't work any more. You gain so easily and can't lose no matter what tricks you play. High cholesterol, high blood pressure, bad knees and everything else start to creep up on you. If I had made the necessary lifestyle changes in my 20's, I wouldn't be where I am today. Even though I'm doing everything *right*, it has taken me two years to lose 40 lbs. and I have twenty more to go. I have nobody else to blame but myself. I was a real jerk. Just like you.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    good luck on your eating disorder journey.

if you ever make it back to reality, mfp won't hold it against you and it'll even welcome you back to help you learn the healthier way to getting fit.

i used to think this way, too. (boy, was i wrong!)

^^^^This

Good luck, OP.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    Always love a good "First & Last" post. . . :huh: