Exercising after a bad food day

Options
Hey all,

So I had a terrible food day yesterday (check my log if you really want to lol) and I feel down right sick today. It's going to be very difficult for me to go to the gym today, but I feel like I really need to after my binge last night. Right now I honestly feel sick to my stomach.

Do I go to the gym or let my body recover?

Replies

• Hoakiebs
    Hoakiebs Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Since you say you don't want to lose any more weight, it seems you've got 2 lbs. in the bank. Take a rest and use them. It's not going to hurt. Now, if it were me, with 30 still to lose, I'd hit the gym.
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Very impressive Pizza downing skills. I think I'd call yesterday a 'spike' day and at least be sure to drink a lot of water to compensate for the alcohol and sodium. Maybe get a light workout in, but scratch it off as a learning opportunity. Maybe next time only eat half the pizza. It looks like this might have been a party, so I'd hope you at least had some fun last night to go along with the food.
  • steelerwheeler
    Options
    When I make bad decisions....I always try to exercise to help counteract it but even more important for me I exercise then to keep me mentally in the game so to speak.
  • pattykay54
    Options
    We all have bad days......if you are not up to the gym a walk or a run outside would help. Feel better
  • jcgrant43
    jcgrant43 Posts: 64
    Options
    Ha! Great post! Looks like you had a terrific Saturday night! Much the same as myself. Hit a sauna, sweat it off, and no worries! Go back to the workouts tomorrow and forget about it. :laugh:
  • MamaSonyaP
    MamaSonyaP Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Sweety, I would rest if I were you. Even if I had a ton to lose, I'd let my body process all that out. Drink lots of water, so it will help flush out everything. If you go to the gym, and feel like barfing before you go, you're going to really feel like barfing during your workout! Take care of your body, it's telling you to rest today.
  • jessicaacampbell1
    jessicaacampbell1 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Not a doctor yet, but if you feel like you are going to be physically sick don't expose yourself to others stay at home and rest. If not try exercising around the house or walking/ jogging around in the neighborhood.

Feel Better:wink:
  • wurgin
    wurgin Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Very impressive Pizza downing skills. I think I'd call yesterday a 'spike' day and at least be sure to drink a lot of water to compensate for the alcohol and sodium. Maybe get a light workout in, but scratch it off as a learning opportunity. Maybe next time only eat half the pizza. It looks like this might have been a party, so I'd hope you at least had some fun last night to go along with the food.
    [/quote

yep this is what my approach is. take it easy, drink water, exercize lightly and consider a little moderation next time :)
  • Pifflesmom
    Pifflesmom Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    This :happy:
    Yah, I fell off the wagon yesterday too, but hauled my big fat white hairy bum down to the gum and feel GREAT. It was more of a mental thing...
    When I make bad decisions....I always try to exercise to help counteract it but even more important for me I exercise then to keep me mentally in the game so to speak.
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    Try to do a light workout...it might help! I had a bad night as well, way too many brownies and lots of sodium from eating out. I feel bad, but I know I'll feel better after I workout, and I'm back on track today. Feel better!!!
  • L00py_T0ucan
    L00py_T0ucan Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    Ah...the siren song of Maker's Mark...
    I think it's okay to skip, but be sure not to get dehydrated - have some water or coconut water or gatorade.

Feel better!
  • bimpski
    bimpski Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    If you've been eating healthy consistantly it's no surprise you feel sick after binging on junk food. It happens to me also. Listen to your body, it's knows best. It doesn't want the junk. Get back on track today. If it were me, I would either take a walk outside in the nice cool air to clear my head or go to the gym and just do a easy walk on the treadmill. You will feel better mentally :glasses:
  • singledj
    singledj Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat with you. Made horrible food choices yesterday. Although I don't feel physically ill, thank goodness, I feel mentally ill. I feel like I let my self down. But today is a new day. And I won't let my slip up ruin the rest of the hard work I have done so far. So I say listen to your body and if you can get a workout in great, if not don't let it bother you to much. Because tomorrow is always a new day!!!
  • DiannaMoorer
    DiannaMoorer Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Drink A LOT of water, Go find a sauna,hot tub or a steaming HOT bath and sweat out all that sodium you consumed. Don't worry about it. One day of rest will do you good. Can't have you barfing at the gym.
  • ensoleille
    Options
    I'm having a bad day too!
    If you don't feel like doing exercise just do something light and it'll probably get you in the mood for more :)
    Tomorrow is a new day, don't beat yourself up!
  • JaclynnGail
    JaclynnGail Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I woke up yesterday feeling the same way after a particularly gluttonous Friday night. I was queasy, dehydrated, and felt like I had been kicked in the stomach. I made sure to drink tons of water, eat extra-healthy, and do a light jog/walk outside. Honestly, just sweating a bit and getting moving really did make me feel better. Whatever you decide to do, though, you will be fine. Have to have those feasts every now and again.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    It's been all weekend for me. Drank beer ate horrible. Back on track tomorrow. I did exercise yesterday doing level 2 and 3 of 30 DS.
  • Paulbp4
    Paulbp4 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Haha! Great job! I had a very similar night last night. I can't even try to log it! I am probably going to the gym but if you have a pretty regular routine and aren't interested in losing any more I would relax and let my body work it out. A few drinks and some unbridled domination of food can feel so good sometimes!
  • Behl9
    Behl9 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Oh I know how ya feel...I managed to consume 1100 calories in one meal yesterday (can't wait to see where that manifests itself on my body..) I agree with a lot of what I see others saying, listen to your body (and maybe be a smidge kinder to it next time ;) ) Drink lots of water and be sure to put good stuff into your body today, if you can't stomach a hardcore workout but still want to get in some exercise maybe go for a brisk walk.
  • Birder150
    Birder150 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I had 2 3000+ days (Thurs. & Fri.) and today I'm down 2.2 lbs from last Sunday.
    I didn't do any extra exercise. In fact, I didn't do any period.

I didn't sweat either day, got back on track yesterday and today is yet another new day.

I used to get very upset with myself but have realized that as long as I'm pretty consistent overall, I don't need to fret an occasional splurge day.

The most I would do is get outside and enjoy the fresh air and go for a walk. :flowerforyou: