124»

Replies

• nutandbutter
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSDIoh6GjQu9kXnksKVmFz3RynQrg0W-1FKHJ12DPL9Cis7ORpKsQ
  • drusselm
    drusselm Posts: 5
    Options
    I have done the crash diet before and lost right around 5 pounds a week ...and gained it all back doing it the healthy way this time
  • txgar
    txgar Posts: 6
    Options
    5 pounds a week is not healthy weight loss! Imagine what kind of damage you are doing to your body!!! A pound a week or maybe 2 is what all the docs say is healthy weight loss. Some of us may lose a lot of water weight at first, but 1 pound a week is nothing to sneeze at......hope this person is successful though.
  • ispearing
    ispearing Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    ??
  • ispearing
    ispearing Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    @kobiemom was your comment of being a jerk directed at me?
  • Sasseh42
    Sasseh42 Posts: 16
    Options
    I've done low carb. It worked for months and months, then I eventually gained it all back. I have a lot of weight to lose thanks to some health issues I have so this site is an excellent way to keep track.

I am eating no gluten, no dairy, no sugar, just veggies and fruits and ocassional meat.

GL if you choose to do low carb.
  • MsDreaB
    MsDreaB Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    1 to 2 pounds a week is a HEALTHY way to lose weight...if someone want to lose 5 pounds a week then they are going to have to starve themselves. Once they get to their goal weight and start eating regular amounts of food they will gain it all back.
  • kobiemom
    kobiemom Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    @kobiemom was your comment of being a jerk directed at me?

That was for the original poster. The same kind of jerk I was - impatient, short-sighted and immature. Paying the price now.
  • BabeedollB
    BabeedollB Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I wish we had a like button here like on Facebook because I would be clicking it on the responses here.

LOL...me too!!
  • soleil2020
    soleil2020 Posts: 2
    Options
    wow....I thought I would come back and try this out again..but I just read a bunch of angry posts in response to my post earlier.

Why are people so angry about what I said? I didn't attack anyone. I don't know why so many people took my comments so personally. I was expressing my frustration.

Some people responded kindly but most people were just mean, so I guess this REALLY isn't the place for me.

If you plan to respond unkindly to this message too, I don't know why you would bother. I'm not coming back to read a bunch of angry remarks since I know what a lot of people in this group are like now.
  • MisterTEZ
    MisterTEZ Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    many people have had a lot of success with MFP and for you to make a claim it won't work for you without even trying it is considered rude therefore your post was considered pointless.
    there are many, many good friends here who have helped me to my success and I am sure it would work for you, even on a low carb intake
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    On the off chance that you can't resist checking responses to your second post I will take time out of my day to say this:

You may have lost 5 pounds per week like you claim in your post while on a low carb diet but it didn't last did it otherwise you wouldn't be on here in the first place.

MFP support serious losers so come back when you are serious about becoming healthy and MFP will support you all the way.

Take care and good luck.
  • lururu
    lururu Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    wow....I thought I would come back and try this out again..but I just read a bunch of angry posts in response to my post earlier.

Why are people so angry about what I said? I didn't attack anyone. I don't know why so many people took my comments so personally. I was expressing my frustration.

Some people responded kindly but most people were just mean, so I guess this REALLY isn't the place for me.

If you plan to respond unkindly to this message too, I don't know why you would bother. I'm not coming back to read a bunch of angry remarks since I know what a lot of people in this group are like now.

I think people just found it difficult to understand why you would join up, find its not for you then bother yourself to post in the forums that you can lose weight better and faster?

Everyone on here has fought tooth and nail to lose their weight, supported by each other and MFP, in a healthy and maintainable way. If you had taken the time to read through some of the success stories, befriend some of the wonderful and inspirational people on here you may have found something to help you. The members of MFP are kind and willing to share their methods, give advice and support when and where it is needed.

You came here because you needed help, so let MFP help you, by MFP I don't mean the APP, that's great but the community is what keeps us together, accountable and safe in the knowledge that we are not in this alone.

Why don't you give it a shot?
  • Amy_nz
    Amy_nz Posts: 145
    Options
    There's loads of ways to lose weight. For some people, a forum like MFP will do the trick.

For me, it's the perfect forum. Supportive MFP buddies (thanks!), accountability with a diary that's wide open, information when I want it and advice when I need it. For others, depending on your expectations, it might not do the trick. If it's not for you, good as gold, move on to a better solution for you.

No harm done. Perhaps some fairly robust responses, but you have to expect that on the internet!
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    I just signed on today and according to my plan on here, I'll restrict myself and work my a** off for a grand total weight loss of 5 pounds in a month.

Are you kidding me? By exercising and following a low carb diet, I would lose that in a week. ( I have done this in the past and kept the weight off for years. It was when I got careless about my eating and exercise habits that I gained weight again.)

I just wanted to check this out, but it looks like it's not for me. I need faster results or I KNOW I won't stick with it.

Good luck to everyone.

Bye.

HAHAHA!!!! Please tell me this was a joke.

You will surely put it all back on after losing all that weight by extreme un-healthy measures.

You can lose 5lbs in a week when you first start....but I can guarantee that it will not last at all. It's a journey not a destination. You didn't put the weight on in a few weeks, what makes you think you'll take it off in a few weeks?