what do you notice when you loose weight?

Options

Replies

• Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Seeing the number 12 in my pants.

All joking aside, that is the best feeling ever. I've not been a size 12 in so long I don't even really remember it.
  • mandacloye
    mandacloye Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I notice that eating right has decreased the "roundness" of my stomach. That in turn allows my pants to fit SO much more confortably! I used to avoid jeans like the plague. Now I don't mind wearing them at all.,.......and I find I smile so much easier. But I also notice a mental acuity I lacked when I was eating too many carbs and sugars. I too have a lot to lose, but am very happy over all and that is keeping me on track.
  • proudtexan71
    proudtexan71 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    i've only lost 20 lbs and have 70 more to go, but someone said they saw it in my chest, which makes me really happy :bigsmile:

Don't say "only" - - 20 lbs is a great accomplishment.
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Can button up a shirt that wouldn't even button when I bought it and it's loose on me now. I fit into a smaller size now and it's awesome. Stuff that was tight is now really baggy.
    Also it's easier/quicker to shave my legs. I'm more flexible.

And sadly my boobs are a lot smaller.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    . I can get nicer cheaper clothes
    . My engagement ring is sooo huge.
    . I'm not as hot and bothered when the sun shines.
    . My boobs went from DD to C :-(
    . I went down a shoe size and width
    . Much fitter
    . Could have surgery laprascopic instead of open :-)
    . Sure my recovery from said operation is going to be easier.
  • chinalavy
    chinalavy Posts: 104
    Options
    I think Ilook younger and I have more energy!
  • amandahickey28540
    Options
    Loose clothes was the first thing I noticed, then it was how this winter was insanely cold without my insulation, then I noticed I actually *enjoy* being outside. Congrats on your success!
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Almost all of my pencil skirts when from va va voom to frumpy. Some of my skinny jeans went from snug to almost like straight leg and baggy.

I am down a band and up 2 cups in bras and other underwear has had to be retired because it is too big.
  • xlyana
    xlyana Posts: 2
    Options
    I can cross my legs while sitting!

Makes me happy!
  • jjelizalde
    jjelizalde Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I've lost 3 lbs but I've also lost an inch off my waist and 3 inches off my hips. I sleep better, I don't feel tired all the time. I have more energy and I actually feel happier. What an added bonus that I hadn't expected!
  • kokaneesailor
    kokaneesailor Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I've only lost 14 pounds so far, but what I notice is that I don't cry like a little schoolboy when I put my socks on. Haven't used my puffer in weeks. 30 pounds to go.:wink:
  • chinalavy
    chinalavy Posts: 104
    Options
    I fells so much better specially my back pain slowly is going away ; I started training to run 5k and everyday I achieve a little more ; I have 54 pounds to go but feel great so far :-)
  • PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot
    Options
    I noticed that I have probably the girliest wrists and ankles out of anyone on the planet.
  • 294Rich
    294Rich Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Don't need to drink litres of Gaviscon!
  • wrbiii
    wrbiii Posts: 151
    Options
    I finally understand why smaller people wear jackets when it is in the 50s-60s.
    My *kitten* hurts when sitting on things with no cushion.
    I get really tired of sitting in one place for very long.
    I pee 1000000000x more than before (that's probably just all the water)
    My nephew can actually hurt me when we play-wrestle, because he can actually get shots on bone.
    How frigging huge my hat is. It fit great a month ago. Now it's super loose.
  • RunningMatt77
    RunningMatt77 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    loose pants and my shirts getting bigger
  • thatgeekinit
    thatgeekinit Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I notice new clothes are really expensive, but its much nicer when things fit properly.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    I don't notice anything, because I don't loose weight.
  • Off10h8ed
    Off10h8ed Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I can tie my shoes without holding my breath and I HAVE to wear a belt with jeans that I previously had to squeeze into.
  • mcfc4tony
    mcfc4tony Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Funny you should ask, only this weekend my wife said " you are walking more upright" so the old belly had been pulling me forward! On the downside because of this I have had a stiff back the last week or so. Maybe it's because I'm unwinding ? :huh: