Supportive and helpful friends needed

Options
Mysticdi
Mysticdi Posts: 60 Member
Hi-
My name is Diane and I have been doing MFP for a month and have lost 25 lbs. I feel good about that but feel like I am running out of food choices. Hence I am getting bored and need motivational help! I have one really supportive friend on here but would love more. Any takers?? Please....

Replies

• nursedb
    nursedb Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Hi! Having the same problem...getting bored with same ol same ol! You can add me if you want!!!
  • FairyTerri
    Options
    you can add me if you want, I have only been on here 5 days and LOVE it. Today I put some apples in the dehydrator, sprinkled them with cinnamon. The smell is heavenly!
  • Lyra89
    Lyra89 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I'm new, feel free to add me...I'm looking to support others & be supported in return! xxx :wink:
  • joankpoirier
    joankpoirier Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    you guys can add me??!!!
  • doms_mom04
    Options
    Hi, my name is Paula and I just joined this weekend! You may add me as well.

I found a great website that I get alot of ideas from, it is http://www.skinnytaste.com/ I hope you find it as useful as I do!!
  • joankpoirier
    Options
    maybe we could start a recipe Post
  • Aliduz
    Aliduz Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi there I joined a month ago and it went well and I managed to lose four pounds which is not as much as you but i was pleased with it. Then life got a bit hectic and i havent been on for a week so it would be great to make some friends to help me focus so add me!
  • Aliduz
    Aliduz Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Great idea!
  • ScarletShopaholic
    ScarletShopaholic Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Anybody can add me :happy:

Am I the only person that eats the same food more or less on a daily basis - for breakfast and lunch mainly - but because I like it I'm happy to eat it?
  • joankpoirier
    Options
    Recipe Info for Chicken Bruschetta Salad Wrap

Prep Time: 10 minutes
    Total Time: 10 minutes

Ingredients
    3 3/4 ounces chicken, cooked
    1/2 ounce fresh mozzarella
    1/2 cup mixed salad greens
    1/4 cup tomato, chopped
    1/2 ounce peppers, red, flame roasted
    2 tablespoons basil, fresh, chopped
    2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
    1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
    1/4 teaspoon black pepper
    1 low carb flour tortilla, 8"
    1/4 cup raspberries

Preparation
    Dice chicken and cheese.
    Toss with next 7 ingredients.
    Place on tortilla. Wrap or fold and enjoy for lunch.
    Serve with raspberries and a calorie free beverage.

Nutritional Information
    Calories 400
    Calories from Fat 120
    Total Fat 14 g
    Saturated Fat 3.5 g
    Cholesterol 85 mg
    Sodium 470 mg
    Total Carbohydrate 31 g
    Dietary Fiber 15 g
    Sugars 8 g
    Protein 40 g
    Vitamin A 35%
    Vitamin C 40%
    Calcium 10%
    Iron 15%
  • Allison22451
    Allison22451 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I'm highly creative when it comes to food.
    Tell the diet you're trying to follow and I'll be happy to lend some refreshing new ideas.

I've done meal planning and cooking for many of my clients on all types of diets.

Food, simply or elaborate, is an art for me.
  • Amberger2012
    Options
    Hello, i just started today and i dont know anyone on here and my husband to be is as skinny as a rail so it doesn't really know how i feel. I need support if anyone want to add me please feel free.
  • xojox
    xojox Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hi! anybody can add me :flowerforyou:

I'm a big fan of cooking lower fat versions of traditional food, so for our family dinner we've just had sausage and onion gravy!!

Could do with moral support myself x
  • Corrie_Lynn
    Corrie_Lynn Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty inventive with food, I get bored easily, so I'm constantly looking for new stuff. I just started MFP a couple weeks ago, I'd love to be your support buddy, feel free to add me :)
  • Jettatastic
    Options
    Adding you! :)
  • Zalissa
    Zalissa Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    We subscribe to 3 cooking magazines; Eating Well, Clean Eating, and Bon Appetit. I don't get time to get bored with food. You might want to try finding a magazine you like.
  • jenmarie2012
    jenmarie2012 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me!! love the motivation and love giving it back : )
  • katieklg
    katieklg Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Wow Diane - 25 lbs lost in one month is amazing!! Feel free to friend me - we can all use as many supportive friends as we can get! My tip for food has got to be Pinterest - I've found tons of amazing recipes on there! Also skinnytaste.com is my new go-to recipe website!
  • lookatme09
    lookatme09 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm just restarting my journey but would love to be your friend. I can use the support too.
  • Jewel1201
    Jewel1201 Posts: 68
    Options
    Hello, I just started about a month ago and am down 15 lbs. Feel free to add me.