Looking for c25k friends :)

Options
Hi all - I started c25k about 4 weeks ago. This week I am about to redo week 3. I did week 1 twice, week 2 once and am on my second round of week 3. I am quite overweight (135lbs till goal) and would love to see others on my friends list giving this c25k thing a good try :)

Replies

• sammywil
    sammywil Posts: 104
    Options
    Ive just finiswhed week 3 - starting wk 4 tomorro.

This is my 2nd attempt! I gave up cos i freaked myself out looking forward last time (about 3 months ago). I am now another 20 lbs down from then & think I can crack it this time.

I think you jsut have to go at your own pace, if u need to do weeks again, then so be it.

Good luck! Im sure you will achieve your goal :)
  • rrrbecca11
    rrrbecca11 Posts: 477
    Options
    I am doing the program. Did week 1, hurt my ankle on the 2d day, kept going through the middle of week 2...then had to take time off to try to heal it up...just tried today to restart week one and made it through the 1st jogging interval - could have made it the whole way, though there was pain, it was mild - but decided not to take the chance. So its back to walking while I finish healing. It's hardly even painful, doesn't bother me to walk at all, isn't swollen or anything. But I keep remembering my son last year; he thought he had shin splints and kept trying to run through them and turned out it was a stress fracture and he had to wear that boot for 6 weeks! So I'm trying to be patient.

Sorry to ramble on, but yeah. I love the program. I'm not overweight but haven't run in years. GOING TO run some 5 k's this summer!!

Becca
  • jrodx2
    jrodx2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I'm starting this week and really looking forward to it! Running my first 5k in September so I want to give enough time to be ready :) Feel free to friend me and we can all motivate each other, We can do this!!!!

--
    Follow my FB Fitness Page!
    Be stronger than your excuses: Recipes and inspiration for a healthier life
    www.facebook.com/excusesareeasy
  • princeza9
    princeza9 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I'm dong Week 4 Day 3 today! I'm doing it because I like the feel of running, plus I want to play soccer again!

And the Zombie 5K does look really interesting...
  • jella74
    jella74 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I'm starting W2 D1 today! Yesterday I walked my 1st 5k! So now my new goal is to RUN my 1st 5k on July 4th! Good Luck!!
  • Claire594
    Claire594 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Add me if u like.

I completed week one this week but it didn't get any easier by the third run so I'm a bit worried about starting week two next week as I don't think I could run for 90 secs yet. I'm toying with the idea of redoing week 1 before I move on but haven't decided.

Would love some fellow c25kers for motivation.
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    My friend and I are doing it together. I extended the program to 12 weeks though since we have that much time until the 5Ks we're thinking of doing. On week 5 right now.
  • jella74
    jella74 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Claire - You CAN repeat the weeks, there's no strict rule that you can't! :) I have stayed on week 1 for 2 or 3 weeks before moving on to week 2. And I plan on repeating a week if i need to before I move on to the next.
  • sexyminxinthemaking
    sexyminxinthemaking Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    ive started week 2 yesterday i find it quite a challenge but have been running it in my garden so far, im planning on moving outside with it on week 3
    feel free to add me
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    I did C25K this summer in terms of time but now I am working on distance and speed. Best wishes with the program. I had a great support group when I did it and many are still friends.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I just finished week 8 and ran just over 3 miles yesterday! :bigsmile: This program is awesome!

I plan to keep running this distance and am entering a 5k fun run at the end of May (that's the soonest local 5k I could find!).

My advice - get good shoes, go slow, and keep at it. Don't let the next run or any of the future runs scare you or keep you from moving forward because you don't think you can do it yet. I was nervous too - I've never been a runner - but I gave each new week and new challenge a shot, knowing that if I really couldn't do it, I'd repeat a day or a week as needed - no shame in that. But I surprised myself and managed to complete each new challenge! Some days were better than others, some days were harder than others, I think that's just part of running or any exercise program - you have stronger days and weaker days. No big deal, just do your best.

I'm excited to have completed the program and feel very accomplished. Good luck - you can do it!
  • steph1278
    steph1278 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I just finished week 2 yesterday and am loving it. Never thought that I would be able to run especially at my current weight, but have been pleasantly surprised at what I am capable of.
  • luvnthenewme
    luvnthenewme Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I will be starting the program in 2 or 3 weeks. My first 5k is on June 15!! It would be great to have more friends who are doing this too!
  • sullyboo
    sullyboo Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking of trying it !! I say thinking as I did do a 5k a couple of years ago but find running Sooo tough - i would go do far as to say I hate running .... But on balance I think it's something I should re visit and try it again !! C25k sounds ideal ...... But the actual running bit gives me the shudders !!
  • summerlancaster
    Options
    I just started yesterday! I figure I'll have to repeat some weeks, but I am determined. I have around 80 lbs yet to lose. Feel free to add me! :)
  • lizzardsm
    lizzardsm Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I just finished week 4 yesterday! Week 5 is looking super daunting! I'm running the Rugged Maniac in June so I want to over train for it. The Zombie 5k looks insanely fun!!
  • wally1uk
    wally1uk Posts: 120
    Options
    Just starting Week 4 tomorrow!! Please feel free to add me :)
  • mrshoneybear1014
    mrshoneybear1014 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I just finished week 8 and ran just over 3 miles yesterday! :bigsmile: This program is awesome!

I plan to keep running this distance and am entering a 5k fun run at the end of May (that's the soonest local 5k I could find!).

My advice - get good shoes, go slow, and keep at it. Don't let the next run or any of the future runs scare you or keep you from moving forward because you don't think you can do it yet. I was nervous too - I've never been a runner - but I gave each new week and new challenge a shot, knowing that if I really couldn't do it, I'd repeat a day or a week as needed - no shame in that. But I surprised myself and managed to complete each new challenge! Some days were better than others, some days were harder than others, I think that's just part of running or any exercise program - you have stronger days and weaker days. No big deal, just do your best.

I'm excited to have completed the program and feel very accomplished. Good luck - you can do it!

Thank you that is really inspiring :) I bought new shoes so I am good with that - I have never been a runner but I am scared but I am willing to repeat weeks until I have complete! Thanks for sharing
  • mrshoneybear1014
    mrshoneybear1014 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the motivation and support - and thanks to those that added me/added them - we can do this!!!!!!!!!!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm supposed to be on week 2 but I haven't even started it yet. I was stupid and decided to do a jillian michaels workouts a couple days ago (No More Trouble Zones) and I can't even walk, bend over or sit down without pain so I definitely wasn't going to try jogging! lol. My legs are all better now and I want to head out for a run but it's sooo hot today... and my son isn't cooperating (I want to take him with me on his bike) so I think I'm going to attempt waking up early tomorrow morning before he wakes up and going then instead. I'm sooo excited to finish the program! I want to be a runner so bad!