What do you miss?

Options

Replies

• jcsaxon3
    jcsaxon3 Posts: 4
    Options
    I generally eat what I want, just in a more appropriate fashion. I have pretty much cut out ice cream though, which I occasionally miss.

However, when I do eat it now (in moderation), it tastes AWESOME.
  • HowieTwoPointZero
    HowieTwoPointZero Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Rum and Cokes.
  • rmchapman4
    rmchapman4 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Sweet tea with lemon and my homemade lemon cookies!
  • Larry0445
    Larry0445 Posts: 232
    Options
    Chips,chips and more chips...LOL. ;-)
  • luvmybaby333
    Options
    Nothing. I still eat everything, I just make sure I don't eat more of it than fits into my calorie goals for the day. (Or rather, I try to make sure it fits in *most* of the time, but not always. :wink: ) I attribute a lot of my success to that. Because I don't deprive myself of anything, then there's nothing that I miss or crave too strongly. I don't feel like I'm "dieting" because I know that I can have anything I want. Even if I can't have it today because I don't have room in my caloric budget, I know that I could have it tomorrow... Or every day if I desired. It's not a huge issue.

I guess the *one* thing I miss would be not thinking about what I eat before I eat it. But that's pretty much what put me in this position in the first place, so obviously it's just something I need to get over.
  • xachooo
    xachooo Posts: 42
    Options
    BUTTER. well I still eat butter, but I want to eat as much butter as I used to.
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Cookie dough! Holy crap! But I have grown to love the foods I eat somehow.

One thing I DO miss though is when I was bigger my so called "friends" were so much nicer to me :S jealousy is an evil thing.

^ this
    My parents bought a biiiiiiig tub of cookie dough... It's taking everything in me now to eat the hell out of it.
  • Taylerr88
    Taylerr88 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    i eat whatever i feel like.. as long as it hits my macros.. keeps me sane and it works.
  • therealkittymao
    therealkittymao Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I miss my giant amounts of Thai Pineapple Chicken Fried Rice. They don't sell it in small amounts... and yeah... moderation with certain things? Completely impossible for me. :)
  • amandaroselewis10
    Options
    I don't really miss anything, I still eat what I want but I just do it in moderation.
  • cHaRlIe0411
    cHaRlIe0411 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I miss eating as much chocolate as I want. But then again, I still eat it in moderation, and I don't miss the belly fat that I lost.
  • 967_1111
    967_1111 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I eat a little bit of everything, though I did enjoy watching an afternoon of football with a bag of Lays ripple chips and dip, and finishing off the entire bag. Now I have a small serving, and an apple.

I'll probably be around a lot longer to enjoy afternoons of football, though.
  • wheezybreezy
    wheezybreezy Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I miss baking. I have yet to bake up a tasty dessert without several "tastes" throughout the process. And frosting is my healthy eating kryptonite. Little to no portion control if I have a big batch of something in the house.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I eat whatever I want. Just the right portion. No depriving.
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I'm on phase 2 of the 17 day diet. I miss carbs. I miss cake, cookies, bread, full-fat cheese, potatoes and rice and all the things that are made with those things. Cheeseburger, fries, ice cream, cupcakes, chips. It's not that I would eat those things all the time. But now I've decided that I "can't" for a set number of days so of course that's all I want. I did this to myself. Stupid self. Back to my chicken and nonfat Greek yogurt...
  • cbenzerga
    cbenzerga Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    southern sweet tea, 2 cups of sugar per gallon or more!
  • akiramezu
    akiramezu Posts: 278
    Options
    pretty much just ice cream, i eat whatever the *kitten* i want except ice cream, cause i know that if i start, i won't stop =D
  • hsk1019
    hsk1019 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    This time of year especially, Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs. May have to treat myself to one next week!
  • mikda999
    mikda999 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I second the cheese. Good hard sharp cheddar. Or fresh curds that are still warm and squeek. Yummy!

I still eat cheese sometimes, but I sure miss it. I'm a Wisconsin girl and like cheese. There seems to be a little cheese factory in every city. However, it's just not worth eating because once you have a little you crave more and more.
  • cantobean
    cantobean Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Like many folks, I eat everything I used to, just in moderation. I guess what I miss is eating those things in ignorant bliss and not even thinking about burning them off or being "better" tomorrow. I'm still fighting off some feelings of guilt when I indulge.

In theory I miss having all the "bad" foods at once--like a cheeseburger, fries, onion rings, and a chocolate malt. But when I actually do that or anything close to it, I feel TERRIBLE afterward. Yesterday, I had half a cheeseburger, no fries, and half a chocolate malt. This was AFTER a 4.5 mile run and I still felt awful for several hours afterward...