Am I the only one...

Options
13»

Replies

• NikkieLite
    NikkieLite Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    some of us come from a history of binge/emotional eating. speaking for myself, it's not how much i go over, it's why and what that means -- it's symptomatic of a much bigger problem than OH NO YOU LET URSELF HAZ CHEEZBURGER -- that makes me occasionally go into a spiral of feeling ALL the bad feelings.

it's easy to be smug about "not freaking out" if one has a healthier relationship with food. that's great, congrats, etc., but some of us aren't there yet. i don't think there's any need to make struggling people feel even ****tier about their (totally legitimate) feelings than they already do.

Yup, this. I'm not stupid, I don't think a few slices of pizza are going to really change my weight. But usually for me, a few slices of pizza goes deeper than "I was just hungry and indulged myself" - it's usually because I can't handle something and I'm eating my feelings and one bad meal turns into one bad day and I eventually feel so awful that I give up on myself completely. That's nice and all for you that it's no big deal. I'm truly jealous. But with the relationship I have with food it just isn't that easy. If that "annoys" or "frustrates" people well then I'm so sorry my struggles over recovering from an eating disorder upset you? I'm workin' on it.
  • janola02
    janola02 Posts: 4
    Options
    I struggled with obsessing about my weight for so long... it actually ended up ruining my social life freshman year.

Your body composition is determined over the long run. Weeks, not on a day of overindulging.

If you are at a wedding, etc. Enjoy yourself! I promise you won't gain weight from a single day. If anything it'll help you. Mixing up your intake is healthy for your metabolism.