Weigh In?

Options
Do you weigh in on your MFP everyday or what? Also, what do you do when you gain like .2 .5 and so on do you change your weigh in or keep it the same?

Replies

• cerealqueen
    Options
    I only weigh in once a week and usually only log it when its 0.5 different or more!
  • 1finesheri1
    Options
    i try to only weigh in once/week...but it is so hard - especially if you think you're doing really good. it usually ends up being 2/week and i will note a change of +/- 0.5lbs
    :)
  • tropaze
    tropaze Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I weigh in once a week, and I just record whatever the weight is. Change or not, good or bad.
  • KatFierce
    KatFierce Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I only log my weigh in once a week on thursdays, I log it if its a loss of any kind, and if it is the same or a gain, I usally weigh again the next day then will log it.
  • TriedEverything
    TriedEverything Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I would never weigh in more than once a week (although occasionally I may have had to weigh in a day earlier due to circumstances). And personally, I don't log if I've gained weight, only if I've lost it.

I don't think there are any hard & fast rules - but I don't think it's ever advisable to keep jumping on & off the scales on a daily basis!

Having said all this, I reset my ticker to zero after Xmas/New Year, as I had re-gained so much weight that it seemed the only option! :embarassed: I'm not proud of that, and will try not to let anything similar happen again!
  • sabrina_stafford
    sabrina_stafford Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week.
  • lucybell333
    Options
    I weigh-in and record it on here every day, good days and bad (and there have been a number of bad days recently!). However, when I lose weight after a gain, I normally delete the news feed update, unless I'm down to a new low - I don't like to be praised for simply reversing a gain! :ohwell:
  • humanreplica
    Options
    I only weigh myself when I go to the Dr. normally. Since I started MFP.....maybe every 2 weeks? or twice a month? It really just depends. I'm terrified of the scale so I avoid it as much as possible. :p
  • Therdigh
    Therdigh Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I weigh in once a week no matter what, it keeps me accountable. If I am feeling extra light mid week I may weigh and track it to keep myself motivated. The more I lose the more I want to do good.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh daily, log it on MFP weekly and measure myself monthly.

I'm trying to cut back on the scale so I'm trying to weigh every two weeks now.

When I gained I would enter that... as much as it hurt I wanted to be 100% honest. Pretending the truth is a lie doesn't make the truth go away.
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I do it and log it daily. Can be a bit disheartening sometimes.
    I dropped down to 125.6 last night, and was back up to 127 tonight, lol.
    Maybe baked potato wasn't such a good idea :O
  • rbn_held
    rbn_held Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday but only log it in once a week
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    I weigh in daily but I set it so it doesn't pop up in my news feed every time I lose 0.2 lbs. I post my own weekly loss (or gain) every Thursday. :)