How often do you weigh?

Options
13»

Replies

• PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every morning, before I get dressed.
    It keeps me on track, and helps me to note things like "oh, check it out, even though I was within my calorie goal, I'm up a pound due to the sodium in that pizza. Gotta step up the water today." I'll skip a day here and there (sometimes the morning after a night out I just can't handle the "stand of shame"). I only record a loss if it shows consistently for more than 2 days, and a gain has to be present for 3 days before I record it.

I know many people that don't weigh in every day, because the up and down is too hard on their motivation. Try a few different methods and find that works for you.
  • Jnt1979
    Jnt1979 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    i am also a daily weigher. I need that to keep me motivated! :)
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    NEVER EVER EVER. That's just me. I get too obsessed if I see a # I don't like. Scales and I don't get along.
  • Wildheart_Baby
    Wildheart_Baby Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I weigh in on a monday, weekly works best, daily is bad as your body weight fluctuates during the day.
  • KatKatatrophic
    KatKatatrophic Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I've been on MFP for 20 days now, so far I've lost 6lbs which is hitting my weekly target but I was just wondering how often is best to weigh??
    So far, have only weighed twice since I started but I know people weigh everyday! Plus, if I were to weigh everyday, what time of day is best?

I weigh in every morning, just once a day. That's the true weight in the morning.
  • TexanThom
    TexanThom Posts: 778
    Options
    Every Suday morning, wearing the same thing, my watch.
  • golferd
    golferd Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    At least 5 times a day. I only post a new number. Find it amazing how much it fluctuates. Also at times I think here comes a bad number, and opposite happens.

It works for ME. Some would hate it.
  • ScarletShopaholic
    ScarletShopaholic Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Just once a week, Saturday morning, before clothes, after bathroom lol
  • knapface
    knapface Posts: 5
    Options
    thanks for the advice everyone! I think im going to start my monday morning weighing routine in thwe morning and see how it goes! I think i would get a bit obsessive if i weighed every day! my other half is already tired of seing me logging stuff in MFP lol
  • vickimieth
    vickimieth Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I get completely depressed if the number goes up, or isn't going down as fast as I want/think it should. And for me, depressed leads to binge eating (BAD!). So it's about every 7-10 days or so, at work (I have nice calibrated scales at the hospital, so I'm fairly confident of the accuracy).
  • Feathil
    Feathil Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning, but because I'm not bothered by the changes either way. I like to see the differences in water weight and things like that, and as long as it's overall edging downwards that's all that matters. I only change my weight on MFP once every week or 2 weeks depending.
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    Several times a week, although a daily weigh-in would be optimal. I like to stay on top of my weight. I'm short and a 5 pound increase for a short person is like a 10 pound gain for someone else.
  • cole137
    cole137 Posts: 4
    Options
    I weigh every morning after using the bathroom and before my morning shower for the sake of curiosity... It helps me when I can see how my weight is affected by my diet and exercise choices. If I've gained weight since the day before (normally this happens when I've gone over my sodium allowance for the day), I just attribute it to water weight and know to watch my sodium that day. If I go over my calorie allowance and gain weight, then I try to try and make up for it so it doesn't effect my weekly loss too badly.

Whatever I weigh on Friday morning is what I record as my weight on MFP.
  • ShortInSeattle
    Options
    @ it I'll have a doughnut!" so its best to weigh once a week or even fortnightly, certainly if you weigh more often you really shouldn't record it on mfp more than once a week. .

It's exactly for that reason that I weigh daily. Seeing the normal ups, downs, and plateaus gives me perspective. I continue to eat well and exercise and build patience. When I waited to weigh myself the scale had too much power. Now I just follow the strange ups and downs but the trend line is moving in the right direction.