Certified Trainers and dietitians

Options
I was wondering what certificates you have, which one(s) you like best and way, one(s) you may go for in the future etc...

Also, anyone out there thinking about being certified in something?

Replies

• nursegirl79
    nursegirl79 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    My goal is to become an aerobics instructor in 1 year.
  • strawberry25shortcake
    Options
    I want to become a personal trainer by May 2010. I will be graduating from college in December and it would be great to get certified as a personal trainer after that!
  • Stephomie
    Stephomie Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm not either one, but I am a Physical Therapist and I work closely with dietitians at work and have come across some trainers at work and the gym. I know that there are a lot of fly by night programs out there to provide you with certification. I would check into the programs before you sign up for one. I think that there are a few national organizations for trainers, and to be a dietitian, you need a 4 year degree.
  • shkaki
    shkaki Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    i would recommend getting certified through the acsm. Its one of the most credible agencies to be certified through!

Good Luck!
  • jessie1
    jessie1 Posts: 46
    Options
    I want to get my kickboxing certification and teach kickboxing classes! I would love it.
  • metalpalace
    Options
    Acsm seems to set the bar and ACE is accepted by every employer in our nation so I'm happy with my choice for ACE. ACSM would be a sweet follow up as well as a certificate in performance nutrition for a specialized area.

Has anyone here taken the ACE test?