Insanity? Any thoughts?

Options
HEY all! I'm thinking about trying Insanity... has anybody done it and if so, what are your thoughts? Have you had good results or is it hard to the point where you quit halfway through because it's impossible?!

Replies

• SmashleeWpg
    SmashleeWpg Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    It's an awesome workout!! I love it. I will say that I found it hard on my knees, but that could have something to do with the surface I was working out on. I wasn't able to complete it for the entire 60 days as we were in the middle of a big move & renos, but it's absolutely on my hit list this year! I say go for it! :)
  • RestartThisRight
    Options
    I'm on the second week, but I'm in love<3 No joke, the best workout I've ever had!

Edit: as for it being hard on your knees, I've heard that but I use the jump mat that it comes with, so I've had no problems!
  • mandachristine
    mandachristine Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I just completed my second week and I am loving it! I have not dropped a lot of pounds yet just because I am gaining so much muscle, but the difference in the shape of my body already is AMAZING!!!! I say go for it! I have never felt so great:)
  • BreakOnThru
    BreakOnThru Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    It's great. Excellent way to get your cardio in while building strength. Smart way to work out. Definitely challenging, but that's what makes it fun. One note: don't skip the warm-up or stretches before or after. Much more likely to be hobbling around afterwards if you do. The first few times I did it, my knees and back were really mad at me. But stay with it. It gets better. Good luck!
  • MATA909
    MATA909 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It's a very good program! It's very hard the first month but after the second week you may be able to complete the warm-up. Then the next month is even harder! It will give you very good results. I lost 30 lbs. and really enjoyed it
  • fittyfittybumbum
    Options
    I'm halfway through insanity and it rocks!!!! but it's not for the weak willed. It is probably the hardest thing you will ever accomplish, but it is worth it. You will see results very soon! For me, I wasn't that much overweight when i started, so I ddnt see a dramatic move in the scale, but i saw a dramatic move in inches and how my clothes fit. I don't follow the schedule it has to the T tho bc i listen to my body. If i need more than 1 day rest, I take another one, but I get back into it. Do it, you will be glad you did. You need other confirmations??? youtube insanity results...these ppl motivate me to keep going.
  • getyupcowgirl
    Options
    I finished my first round and I loved it! The main thing that I learned was that I had to eat enough food to sustain working out so hard. I needed to up my water intake considerably but once I fell into a routine I was able to finish with great results. You just need to keep going, digg deeper, no matter how tired you are or how sore,.. just keep moving forward!
  • bf43285
    bf43285 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I LOVE INSANITY! I'm on week 2 and I'm already addicted. This is my second round with Insanity; last year I started with a group and hurt my knee doing some of the moves and could not finish after about 6 weeks in. This time I am doing it alone (which is a lot harder) but I already know the workouts and moves. Today is an "off" day per the schedule, however, I am itching to do a workout to earn calories so I think I may do an extra video. Good luck!
  • laurensohn22
    laurensohn22 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I'm on the second week, but I'm in love<3 No joke, the best workout I've ever had!

Edit: as for it being hard on your knees, I've heard that but I use the jump mat that it comes with, so I've had no problems!
    it comes with a jump mat ?
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    for men, de lux version is much better since it has weight training program. for ladies, even the one without weights is ok.
  • astroub
    astroub Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I am an Insanity graduate.... Doing a hybrid of it and Les Mills Pump right now and I love it! It is one of the best workouts ever!!! He will push you to your limits but, I felt like a beast afterwards! Good luck with your decision! ;)
  • dupreec
    dupreec Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm starting it this week. A friend gave it took me, she says it was too hard for her. I plan to stick with through my 75lbs.
  • kannemollen
    kannemollen Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    thank you all for your feedback! i think i'm gonna go for it! :) you better all be right.... it better be worth it ;)
  • megdummer
    Options
    hey, i've been doing it for just a week and a half and i've lost 2 pounds so far. i can see a difference in my waistline already! it's the hardest workout ever, but if you get through the video, you feel like you can do anything :)