Anyone want to start the 30 Day Shred - TODAY!!????!!!

Options

Replies

• kiku76
    kiku76 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Just saw this on another thread so copied it to here - I was planning on doing it every day where possible - now I'm not so sure....

"I just thought I would throw this out there since its hard to find if you dont know what your doing and there are so many out there that do things a different way (30 days straight which i am not against BUT...)

Jillian had a question in a podcast about how often to do it and her answer was...
    2 days of 30DS one day cardio 2 days of 30 DS and one cardio then a rest day. She said the name was more so what her marketing people came up with since each level is meant to be 10 days (just not 10 straight) thats marketing for you!
    Not saying not to do 30 days straight if you want but she was very adamant about how important it is to have a rest day. Just thought I'd let you all know :-) "
    thanks for this. i always wondered about it. I always assumed it was too little cardio to lose a lot of weight. i attempted adding in cardio the last time I did it, but I dont have enough time daily to do 30ds for 20 min then cardio for another 20-30 min
    I workout 5x a week. I may alternate 30ds and cardio starting next week.

ok so is it 10 days of each level, or for 10 days, no matter how many times you do the level in that period? like if I workout 5 days but do 30ds 3 times outof that, do I wait until I do level 1 10times before moving on? or do i move on after 2 weeks of working out?
  • carolh63
    carolh63 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    What does the 30DS entail? I'm kinda new here but willing to try.
  • Amedug
    Amedug Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Just saw this on another thread so copied it to here - I was planning on doing it every day where possible - now I'm not so sure....

"I just thought I would throw this out there since its hard to find if you dont know what your doing and there are so many out there that do things a different way (30 days straight which i am not against BUT...)

Jillian had a question in a podcast about how often to do it and her answer was...
    2 days of 30DS one day cardio 2 days of 30 DS and one cardio then a rest day. She said the name was more so what her marketing people came up with since each level is meant to be 10 days (just not 10 straight) thats marketing for you!
    Not saying not to do 30 days straight if you want but she was very adamant about how important it is to have a rest day. Just thought I'd let you all know :-) "
    thanks for this. i always wondered about it. I always assumed it was too little cardio to lose a lot of weight. i attempted adding in cardio the last time I did it, but I dont have enough time daily to do 30ds for 20 min then cardio for another 20-30 min
    I workout 5x a week. I may alternate 30ds and cardio starting next week.

ok so is it 10 days of each level, or for 10 days, no matter how many times you do the level in that period? like if I workout 5 days but do 30ds 3 times outof that, do I wait until I do level 1 10times before moving on? or do i move on after 2 weeks of working out?

My interpretation was that you see results after 30 days. I'm gonna stick to it every day as long as my body will let me and introduce extra cardio if I have time. I'm sure it doesn't matter how you do it. If you want to take it slower, presumably the results will just take longer to show. However you do it is great. Good luck =)
  • giddyred
    giddyred Posts: 23
    Options
    I'm starting in the morning, so I'm in! Friend me if you would like =)
  • Lolita954
    Options
    ScrewyChars-7537110
  • dr00
    dr00 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I just did day 5 today! :D Feel free to add me if you'd like!
  • Linbo93
    Linbo93 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 4 myself, would love a group to do it with! I am doing it this way: Mon/Tues - 30 DS, Wed - Cardio, Thurs/Fri - 30 DS, Saturday - Cardio, Sunday - Rest. Its pretty killer, but I already see a huge improvement in how much of the video I can participate in! Friend Requests welcome! :OD
  • charismanoodles
    charismanoodles Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I'm starting again tomorrow, woohoo!
  • giddyred
    Options
    Hey, do you all have a HRM? If not how will you be logging this? I'm getting one on Amazon, but it hasn't gotten here yet.
  • peggylelliott
    peggylelliott Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm a taker! What's the plan? I'm also a newbie to the site.
  • peggylelliott
    peggylelliott Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    What is a HRM?
  • giddyred
    Options
    What is a HRM?

Its a heart rate monitor. It measures your heart rate while exercising, and calories burned. =)
  • Amedug
    Amedug Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hey, do you all have a HRM? If not how will you be logging this? I'm getting one on Amazon, but it hasn't gotten here yet.

I was advised on a different forum that its logged as 20minutes Circuit training - 200calories burned =)
  • OpenHeaven
    OpenHeaven Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Hey guys!!!!!! So glad everyone is doing so well!! I've been MIA on here the last couple of days because my internet is down - SOOO appreciate my iPhone!!!! LOL!!! It has allowed me to keep up on everything - except the community boards! Does anyone know if MFP is trying to get that set up??

I took yesterday off - it felt so good to rest (well I worked all day but, you know!!)

I hit it hard again today though! Level 1 is getting easier, and then I threw in a session of TurboJam!! =)
  • Suddsgirl
    Suddsgirl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I bought the video and started today. :sad: It is really hard but, I will do my best to exercise at least 5 days each week to shed the pounds. Good luck everyone!! :smile:
  • k_braddock
    k_braddock Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I completed day 6 level 1 today. Anyone here feel free to add me, I need all the support I can get! I noticed mention of heart rate monitors. I'm currently looking for one on Amazon. I'm a little overwhelmed. Does anyone have suggestions for a good one that's under $100?

I'm planning on doing the 30 Day Shred with no rest days. So far it hasn't been that bad. Getting past day five was a milestone!
  • scullyuk06
    Options
    I am really loving 30ds!

Since discovering it is not supposed to be every day (unless you want to), I am doing 30ds every fri / sat / sun, and jogging mon, wed and either fri or sat - aqua aerobics and walk on tues and rest day (food shopping) on Thursday! (Work all week and like to have rest days between runs).

Was aching across chest, and tops of thighs after day 1 / 2 - but after day 3 its all kinda feeling ok! I dont really have time to do shred every day but I actually think I am gonna miss it today! :O
  • sgeorge731
    sgeorge731 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I’ve owned 30DS for about a year and do it on and off but I’ve never done a whole 30 days. I really need to get involved in one of these groups to stay motivated and I figured this was the perfect one. I already have the video and it’s a very small time commitment! I was trying to do P90X again (did it last year) but an hour and a half 6 days a week is just TOO LONG! Who has time for that!? Maybe when I finish grad school. I’m super pumped about starting the 30DS though! I need to lose at least 20 pounds but to do that I've gotta take this thing serious! Good luck ladies : ) We can do it!
  • AthenaErr
    AthenaErr Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Im in, just got the DVD today. Will do first session tomorrow. Planning on rest days in between as am v out of shape. Anyone in same boat please add me as a friend
  • amyhoss
    amyhoss Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Add me. I've been wanting to start it back up. I can start tonight after dd goes to bed.