Recipe is over there: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/LemonSnap
  • kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I need this too. Bump.
  • gaet0011
    gaet0011 Posts: 20
    Options
    Try them on the grill. Skewer them with the chicken and some slices of red potatoes. Put vidalia onions, different colored peppers cut into chunks and skewered. Brush with sesame oil (obviously don't go crazy) sprinkle with Mrs. Dash (I prefer the low sodium varieties) and grill till the chicken and potatoes are cooked through. The open flame will nice kiss the edges of the peppers giving you a smokier taste. Also you can grill asparagus on some tin foil, again with just a small drizzle of sesame or olive oil, sprinkle with garlic and put just a about a table spoon (per bunch of asparagus) of shredded parmesan. You'll love it I promise and it's very good for you as Sesame oil is a very healthy oil.
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    My daughter and I shared this tonight: 1 large onion, 1 cup shredded carrot, 1 chicken breast sauteed with 3 tablespoons crushed garlic until the onions are almost carmelized. Add 2 oz sharp cheddar cheese. Stir and serve over brown rice. YUM!!!
  • cindy4mica
    cindy4mica Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    No matter how you cook them (steam, stir fry, grill, etc.), use I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray and the Mrs. Dash No Salt seasonings (there are like 10 different varieties). It'll keep your veggies low cal & low sodium.
  • musicgirl88
    musicgirl88 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I didn't read through all of the replies, so I'm not sure if this has been said...but artichokes are DELICIOUS! There are many ways to cook them and add them to recipes!
  • jeepdude56
    jeepdude56 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Asparagus, portabellas and sun dried tomatoes (already in olive oil) - toss them around in a frying pan for a few minutes.
  • momof3boys090808
    momof3boys090808 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your ideas. I def will be trying all of these. Making my list for the store. I'm excited to try something different with vegetables...:)
  • kokaneesailor
    kokaneesailor Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Soup pot and a food processor. I have soup pretty much everyday. It's not hard to learn to make and you can lay down a ton of veggies in a soup pot. Such as the following...Green Kale, Purple Kale, Swiss Char, Spinach,Mushrooms,Bok Choy, Broccoli,Celery, Purple Cabbage, Peas,Carrots, Green Onions, Savoy Cabbage, Tomatoes, Sweet Onions, Sweet Potatoes, Green Peppers, Red Peppers, Yellow Peppers, Jalapenos, Green Beans, Yellow Beans, Kernel Corn, Parsley, Butternut squash, Chives, Beets, Zuccini are a few.

Add some low sodium Chicken stock or Beef. Toss in some protein like diced Chicken or Beef or Turkey. Season to taste, and you have nailed your 5 servings of veggies for the day.

I can have a soup made in 5 minutes using a food processor. Another 5 to cook it and your ready to eat it.
  • imasaf
    imasaf Posts: 8
    Options
    You can cook a lot of veggies by just stirfrying them with olive oil, garlic, and a little salt. I made a delicious stirfry tonight with kale, shiitaki mushrooms and fennel. I've cooked asparagas, bok choy, spinach, snow peas, etc. etc. using this method.
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    I need help with coming up with recipes for vegetables. I eat the same veggies all the time. I bake or steam with onion powder and it's not so thrilling. Ha! Any low calorie recipes would help. I eat lots of chicken so maybe recipes that go with both?? Thanks :)

I like to either pan-sear or roast my veggies with a little bit of EVOO and minced garlic. YUMMO! Here are some pics.

Pan-seared broccoli and carrots:

DSC_0634_sm.jpg

Roasted veggies: Zucchini, yellow summer squash, white onion, red bell pepper, red cabbage, and asparagus.

veggies02.jpg

More roasted veggies: Yellow bell pepper, red bell pepper, orange bell pepper, asparagus, and red onion.

421585_2972372561966_1641341350_2452920_1077270835_n-1.jpg

Grilled veggies: Green bell pepper, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, and red onion.

DSC_6433.jpg
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Roast those bad boys in the over. Toss in a little olive oil, salt, pepper, and other seasoning of choice. You can do it with almost anything too. Asparagus, zucchini, squash, carrots, potatoes, mushrooms, parsnips, corn, broccoli, cauliflower... etc. Super delicious too.
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I put a bunch of veggies in quinoa tonight, it was great! i also started prepping them with 1 tbs of coconut oil..I am trying to get good fat in..
  • par57
    par57 Posts: 74
    Options
    Steamed baby carrots. Add some mint (fresh or dried), and maybe a little honey. Easy and delicious.
  • prettythinlove
    prettythinlove Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    bump!