30 Day Shred vs. Ripped in 30

Options
Accidentally bought Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 instead of 30 Day Shred!

Should I just start with Ripped or buy Shred and do that first before trying Ripped? Is Ripped really that much harder to do then Shred?

Background: I’m currently running a lot, started 2 months ago. I've worked up to running nonstop for 35 minutes about 5 times a week. Not doing any strength training yet, hoping to add that in soon. Lost about 7 pounds so far.

I would appreciate any feedback. Thanks in advance! :smile:

Replies

• betterby30
    betterby30 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I would do the Shred first. I finished the Shred, then started RI30, and I found RI30 more difficult than the Shred. Either one will definitely kick your butt!
  • LusineY
    LusineY Posts: 10
    Options
    Thanks for ur input, I appreciate any help I can get.....BTW did u see good results w 30D Shred?
  • SmashleeWpg
    SmashleeWpg Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I would say since you already have RI30, just go for it. Start at Level 1 and see how you fare. I've done both of them, repeatedly, and I don't think that Level 1 of RI30 is any harder than 30DS. Besides ... you bought it for the challenge, right? ;)
  • rosedraven13
    rosedraven13 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I think you'll be fine starting with level 1 of RI30 and agree that it is about the same difficulty wise as 30DS. RI30 just has an additional level. Both have good workouts and I continue to use all the levels on both dvds to have variety.
  • BaileyBoo13524
    BaileyBoo13524 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Ripped in 30 is way better than the shred I got much better results with Ripped than I did with the Shred!
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I chose Ripped over Shred because of reviewer comments that said that it's a better, more effective workout. Waiting for the video to get here, and I'm sure I'll get my butt handed to me. Which is the idea anyway.
  • EBFNP
    EBFNP Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I did the Shred about 2 times a few years ago. I am starting level 4 of Ripped in 30, and I have lost a significant amount of weight and inches in just over a month. I heard Ripped in 30 is better.
  • theredcliche
    theredcliche Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    i like ripped in 30 better too. i agree that it is more challenging and more effective. good luck!
  • JacksonMomto3
    Options
    I definitely would do the 30 Day Shred first, I finished that this past Friday, and started Ripped in 30 today. 30 Day Shred definitely was a great program to get my body prepared for Ripped in 30. I don't think I would have finished today's workout otherwise. I definitely like Ripped in 30 better than 30 Day Shred (I got bored by Level 2 with 30DS), but I would recommend 30DS first then move to Ripped in 30.