Anyone Using a Kitchen Scale?

Options
13»

Replies

• Jezebel_Barbie
    Jezebel_Barbie Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Agreeing with everyone else. I use mine every day for every meal, always have - even before I started trying to lose weight! Mine isn't a digital one but I'd recommend buying digital; much, much better for accuracy.
  • LauraJWStevenson
    LauraJWStevenson Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Yes to the scales and cups and spoons!!! I even use a smaller plate. Instead of the Dinner plate, I use the salad plate. My plate will look full! With your scales you will be surprised at how much of some things you can eat...and others...how LITTLE!! LOL!!!
  • batalina
    batalina Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    i LOVE my kitchen scale. digital, does grams and ounces. almost everything that goes in my face goes on my scale first. i have honestly thought of getting a pocket scale like drug dealers use so i can carry it in my purse and measure food on the go! it's essential.
  • mzbatson
    mzbatson Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    A kitchen scale is a MUST!!!! Like you said, you THINK you are eating the right portions but what we see is usually not correct. I bought my scale from Wal-Mart and it is good. You will be surprised how much 4 oz really is when you measure it! :smile:
  • stephslosinglbs
    stephslosinglbs Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Yes, I measure just about everything I eat. You can find them for under $20!
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Yes to the scales and cups and spoons!!! I even use a smaller plate. Instead of the Dinner plate, I use the salad plate. My plate will look full! With your scales you will be surprised at how much of some things you can eat...and others...how LITTLE!! LOL!!!

I do the salad plate thing too. I don't remember the last time I ate off a dinner plate! And I eat things like my 1/2 cup of cottage cheese in little ramekins. Nothing looks sadder than a 1/2 cup of cottage cheese in a giant cereal bowl...
  • iamnoangel
    Options
    Yup, absolutely as it is really easy to over estimate!
  • d_89
    d_89 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Yep I weight everything! (ordered a digital scale from amazon for $17 incl shippimg) You'd be surprised how wrong eyeballing can be. And I measure everything too! My family thinks I'm crazy lol
  • slowturtle1
    slowturtle1 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    i bought a digtal scale at walmart for $20 .. very well worth it
    it weighs oz, grams and pounds

you can put your plate/bowl then zero it out, weigh a food, zero it out , put another item ( get the point)
    so you can weigh all your foods on 1 plate

ALSO i bought a set of spoons from Avon it has 1 for veggies, 1 for pasta, and a spatula for meat .. it helps you to know portions
    weight watchers also sell something similar , they have spoons that come in 1/2 cup and 1 cup ( i have both sets ww, and avon)

i couldn';t just eye ball it .. lol

good luck

Same here. It is def worth the purchase

Agree: I bought my scale on Amazon. I can't remember the price or brand, but I love it! I always way underestimate my portions, so I consider my scale a necessity. The scoops from WW are handy too, although I generally just use measuring cups and spoons b/c I was too cheap to buy the WW scoops.
  • ahgold
    ahgold Posts: 3
    Options
    I used to use a digital postal scale (got from my business office) and it was very helpful in seeing what 4 oz. of cooked chicken really looked like, etc. If you can, do use it. remember to eliminate the weight of any plate or container before measuring. I had a very particular trainer at one time and I had to measure to the nth degree. It is easy to fool ourselves or to guess wrong. Once you do your regular foods for a while, you can use it less. Now my office manager is on a diet and she's using it for the same reason. Go baby, go! Use it and lose!
  • nitaleotta
    nitaleotta Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'm sold. I'm getting a food scale from Wal-Mart today.
  • Just_Scott
    Just_Scott Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    So on my wall I have the link listed as the number one reason we plateau. Watch it, and for $18 a good digital scale will be your money well spent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVjWPclrWVY

Best of luck, weigh it and enjoy!
  • jillianbeeee
    jillianbeeee Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    my kitchen scale, measuring cups and measuring spoons are my best friends! I am upgrading to a better scale this week. I jusst started with a cheap one from wal mart but really think its time to move on to a better one