What did you do to lose the weight?

Options
niqua215
niqua215 Posts: 283 Member
I love all of these success stories and the Before and After pics are inspiring but what would help me out is knowing what you did to reach your goal. I know different thing work for different people but any advice would help.

Replies

• hermiony
    hermiony Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    i made sure i never gave up! when i stop losing weight i just try something else. the weight won lose its self, you have o force it to get off of your body. be consisent, you cant ruin your diet and say ill start again on monday, or be lazy and dont exercise for no good reason. and most importantly do what you will feel comfortable doing for the rest of your life.
    theres no point of restricting and dieting and go back to eating crap after you lose weight.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Simple: eat less than you burn but enough to be healthy and move more.
  • mjmileta
    mjmileta Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    i made sure i never gave up! when i stop losing weight i just try something else. the weight won lose its self, you have o force it to get off of your body. be consisent, you cant ruin your diet and say ill start again on monday, or be lazy and dont exercise for no good reason. and most importantly do what you will feel comfortable doing for the rest of your life.
    theres no point of restricting and dieting and go back to eating crap after you lose weight.

Well said................. Nothing will taste as good as those skinny jeans I'm goona get myself into.................
  • atxdee
    atxdee Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure I will be of any help since I was only trying to lose about 20 lbs. But more importantly, I just wanted to change my lifestyle and be healthier because I most of my life I had been eating a lot of junk food (McD's, BK, cheetos, chocolate cake, twinkies, I mean you name it, I ate it).... And to make matters worse I was not very active, just my occassional walk.

I was at my highest 146ish but I felt tired all the time. And I even got to the point where I feel out of breath with walking up the stairs so I didnt think that was normal and I thought U know what Its time to do something about the way I live. And it all started with an apple and a jog. And I been at it since. Making healthier choices, more fruits and veggies, more activity, less junk food. Although I do have an occassional cookie or two. I havent completely eliminated all of that, because I figure I will be setting myself up for failure. So even if it means losing weight slower I have to have a bit of fun here and there. But objective and priority is to make better choices in my diet for the most part. And to make it a lifestyle change forever and not just until I reach my goal.

I have lost about 15 so far doing this, not much I suppose, but I have learned that it takes both a healthy diet and exercise to make it happen. No pills, or gimmicks. Just good old fashion work. And percerverance. And a healthy attitude. And if and when the scale does not reflect your work, keep at it.. It will happen.
  • diver71_au
    diver71_au Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I previously used to drink a lot of soft drinks (lemonade, fanta and coke were my main vices) eat a bar of chocolate a day as well as too much KFC, sausage rolls and pizza.

I still don't always make the most healthy choices but also now I don't drink soft drinks ...KFC has noticed a drop in profits (i have had 3 burgers this year) and my chocolate intake has dropped to ALMOST zero. I do still like a beer (usually have a couple of pints with friends Wednesdays and Saturdays) and I love my subway cookies. But when I indulge I hammer myself at the gym or a hard fast walk to allow the calories to do it. My diary is open to anyone who wants to see. Mixing things up seems to work too ... varying the speeds and distances of my walks, mixing up the order of my workouts.

Its seen me lose 18.6kg this year so must have some validity to it ....mustn't it ???
  • niqua215
    niqua215 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • fluffygoodness
    fluffygoodness Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Stopped eating fried food, pork and limited amount of beef. Water Aerobics twice a week and at the gym doing cardio and core work 4 times a week. I stopped going to social events to avoid the temptations of finger food and liquor. Drank half my body weight in ounces of water everyday. Never stopped moving.
  • PerfectPout
    PerfectPout Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Well my advice is watch your portion size of meals that you have. Also salt (sodium) intake is very important - make sure your levels are kept low or you will struggle to lose weight. Do some sort of exercise whether it be walking, swimming, cycling or a dvd at home.....I believe in weights as you will find your body change a lot quicker....even if you don't see the scale going down, you will definintely see it in your clothes! Measure yourself every 4 weeks.....Good Luck!
  • sazzet
    sazzet Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Just eat healthy. If you don't know what healthy is, check the glycemic index of foods. I have been trying to lose weight for 20 years and it was only when I learned about the GI diet that I started losing weight. I have stopped eating meat and I focus on fish, chicken breasts, vegetables, beans and fruits. I check the glycemic index of the foods I eat and it is working for me. The only fat I use for cooking and salads is olive oil and I am learning more about the foods that help to burn fat not store it. I drink 8 cups of water a day as well.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!