Body by Vi - anyone tried this or now about it?

Options
Was wondering about nutritional values on these shakes. Like how many less calories I'd be taking in with drinking 2 shakes a day. I watched the video offered but don't know any details on it so was hoping some of you can tell me nutritional values and if you've tried it how it works, etc. I don't want to starve myself to lose weight...I can maintain my calorie intake on my own but I think the shakes are supposed to have all this really good nutrition to help shed the fat faster and also build muscle. Any advice is greatly appreciated. :smile:

Oops! I meant "know" about it in subject line.

Replies

• sixela0827
    Options
    i've heard really good things, minus the cost. good luck hope that helps :)
  • Isolde21
    Isolde21 Posts: 4
    Options
    I am giving it a go right now. My friend sells it and gave me a deal. So........I'm on day 3 with two shakes a day, two snack and a decent meal. I am intermediate with my exercise and cardio and I'm hoping it helps me break through a plateau. Honestly...they don't taste too bad, I don't feel hungry but I do worry about all the crap in them. There's a lot of ingredients on the label that I have no clue what it is. Never bodes well. I would rather try Isagenix but it's so darn expensive. So far no weight loss to record but I am lifting heavy right now so I'm probably converting fat into lean muscle so the scale won't reflect that. Good luck to you in whatever avenue you choose!
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    Very expensive.

Drinking any sort of shake is not going to increase the your weight loss at the same number of calories. I would save your money and eat nutritious food you enjoy.

If you want to do a shake, I would just get a protein powder. Half the cost and double the protein of the Body by VI
  • hounds726
    hounds726 Posts: 63
    Options
    I really struggle to believe in this product wholeheartedly. While there is a lot of nutritional value, I don't feel that it teaches good habits. It doesn't build a healthy lifestyle and the same results can be achieved by actual lifestyle changes and eating healthy foods.

That being said, my step-mom and many others around me have taken to this method and are seeing results. The question is this: how long term are those results? Once they start reintroducing "real food" back into their diet what will happen? Why not just start there?

There are no quick fixes. There is no substitution for hard work and dedication to changing your life.

That is just my opinion. The money would be better spent on healthy organic food than on a shake.
  • ladylaine
    ladylaine Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I HAVE JUST STARTED THE PROGRAM AND IT TASTE GOOD SO FAR NO PROBLEM BUT I AM WONDERING ABOUT THE CALORIE INTAKE I NEED TO STAY UP AT 1200 I GUESS THATS WHY U HAVE TO ADD SOMETHING TO THE SHAKES AS U MIX THEM SO I AM USING THE RECIPES FOR THE SHAKES AND THEY ARE AWESOME SO I AM JUST WAITING TO SEE WHAT HAPPEN. I LOVE THE ALMOND JOY MIX AND THE PEANUT BUTTER . THEY R RECIPES:bigsmile:
  • JoniBologna
    JoniBologna Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Very expensive.

Drinking any sort of shake is not going to increase the your weight loss at the same number of calories. I would save your money and eat nutritious food you enjoy.

If you want to do a shake, I would just get a protein powder. Half the cost and double the protein of the Body by VI

Yes, you would see much more nutritional benefit if you just tried a protein powder. I love chocolate whey protein powder. Mixed with some milk and ice, it is a great treat.
  • dcain2
    dcain2 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I have heard great things about the shakes and have several friends who have had awesome success. I am currently using a protein powder and counting calories here on MFP. When I discussed this with my friend who sells them, he pointed out that the protein shakes are good but they are whey protein and alot of people have digestive problems with whey protein. Body by Vi has less calories and no whey. I am going to give it a try for 30 days and see what happens. Good Luck.
  • jtotheno
    jtotheno Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    You can get more protein in a protein shake, but you are not getting a fraction of the nutrition that is in a VI shake. It is FDA approved, and is the ONLY weight loss program that is Canada Health approved. It's not just a protein shake, it's more nutrition than one person typically gets in an entire month in one shake that tastes amazing! (Especially with a bit of zero fat yogurt mixed in!) I have been on the VI shakes for less than 2 weeks and I'm down 11lbs. I eat lunch and dinner, and break my "lunch" shake into 2 snack shakes. I also usually have one to 2 healthy snacks (feel free to see my journal). I am not a visalus promoter or selling, I just firmly stand behind the nutrition (because I researched this for 6 months before I began it, and anything that a doctor recommends for diabetics- ie my father in law, can't be that bad!)

As for price, for $99 a month you can have 2 shakes a day, and NOTHING out there at this time is that affordable, not even groceries :) You could not get 60 healthy meals for $100. It would cost you over $100 to get the veggies and meats that would give you the nutrition that's in one Vi shake!

Again, NOT a promoter :) Just a VERY satisfied user of the Visalus Shakes! I feel amazing, my nails are growing like crazy, my skin is clearing up, and the inches are falling off! My energy is through the roof, and I am NEVER hungry! (Because I DO eat, don't let people fool you into thinking you wont eat- you CAN eat! Just be wise with your choices, which I'm sure you're already doing :)
  • Isolde21
    Isolde21 Posts: 4
    Options
    How long was it before you saw results?
  • karenzaphyr
    Options
    I like the Shakeology myself and know that I'm getting all the fruits and vegetables and then some. I have never tried the Body by Vi.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    Body By Vi works b/c of basic calorie restriction. By replacing a meal (or two) with the shake, you're likely taking in fewer calories than you would have if you'd eaten a regular meal. You can get the same effect by planning your meals in advance to contain fewer calories. Some people may find it very convenient to just know that they are supposed to have a shake and not have to plan meals. You need to weigh for yourself whether you need convenience or affordability. Some are willing to pay for convenience. Others would rather take that money and buy more fresh fruits and vegetables. Maybe even a less expensive protein powder if they still want to try having shakes w/o such a high cost. Just depends on what is going to fit best with your goals, lifestyle, and budget.

Personally I like my $20 tubs of protein powder that I can pick up at the grocery store or drugstore that last me a month (I have 1 shake per day, not as a meal replacement but as a supplement to get plenty of protein plus a tasty treat at the end of the day).
  • jtotheno
    Options
    How long was it before you saw results?

I saw results in thesecond day! I'm a freak about the scale and weigh myself daily, and I was down 5lbs in the first 3 days.. I did start drinking way more water so I know that helped, but I noticed within 24 hours how good I was feeling from all the nutrition I was getting, and that in itself is a huge motivator to keep going!
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    You could not get 60 healthy meals for $100. It would cost you over $100 to get the veggies and meats that would give you the nutrition that's in one Vi shake!

I have to disagree... it's not really that expensive to eat healthy food. And vitamins aren't that expensive either.

Shakes don't teach discipline. I'm against any type of shake for that reason. Moderation is key. Just my two cents.
    Options
    You could not get 60 healthy meals for $100. It would cost you over $100 to get the veggies and meats that would give you the nutrition that's in one Vi shake!

I have to disagree... it's not really that expensive to eat healthy food. And vitamins aren't that expensive either.

Shakes don't teach discipline. I'm against any type of shake for that reason. Moderation is key. Just my two cents.

Completely agree here. I feed myself for a month on about $50
  • jtotheno
    Options
    It costs me more than $50 a month just in milk.. I can't see how anyone can feed themselves for that.. but then again food is priced differently based on where you live. Where I am in Ontario, it's $10 just to buy enough chicken to feed my family (4 people) ONE meal. lol. So, the shakes are actually a much more affordable option for me, not to mention they are child friendly, and my 8 year old LOVES a strawberry shake for breakfast :) At just over $1 it's definitely cheaper than cereal, milk and toast (Seeing as bread is $4 a loaf here, milk is $5/bag, cereal about $5 /box) and even she is getting FAR more nutrition than she would be if she was having cereal and toast :)

Being home alone (Run my own business) with my 2yr old all day, I actually save about $200 a month in groceries on BodyByVi. My husband and I both have them for breakfast and I have them for lunch or snacks.

So, maybe it wont work for you, but like I said, I'm giving my opinion as a very satisfied customer. :)
  • chenoamac
    chenoamac Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I am using the product I have lost 50 lbs since October 25 I love it.. it is easy I'm a mother of 2 samll kids and don't have a lot of time so this helps me stay on track.

It is so easy and taste great...

I would spend 110.00 for breakfast for one month just at work then I would spend another 150-160 a month for lunch if I went out for lunch so this is actually saving me money.

Check out your benefits at your work my company is covering the cost for the vitimins which helps
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Dear users,
    While posting a review of a product is perfectly fine on MFP, please do not post links that lead to pay-for-product websites. This can be seen as advertising or promoting, which is against the MFP guidelines. The posts that were in this thread have been edited, but any further advertising posts will lead to warnings/blocks.

Thank you for your time, and enjoy your stay on MyFitnessPal

_Ben
    MyFitnessPal Forum Moderator
  • JanaMatchett
    JanaMatchett Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Very expensive.

Yeah, I can't see where drinking 2 shakes a day gives you enough calories if you are exercising even if you eat a huge meal and snacks. I have used Whey Designer Protein powder before and loved it. Might just use that again for one of my meals to get lots of protein.
  • Fit_Canuck
    Fit_Canuck Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Heard it was a glorified pyramid scheme, sorry multi-leveled marketing scheme.
    Options
    Very expensive.

Yeah, I can't see where drinking 2 shakes a day gives you enough calories if you are exercising even if you eat a huge meal and snacks. I have used Whey Designer Protein powder before and loved it. Might just use that again for one of my meals to get lots of protein.

Yup very good idea! It is no better than a regular protein shake.