It's simple, really!

Options

Replies

• candyastra
    Options
    I have to say, from some of the messages I've been getting since starting this thread, appreciate the positive ones & the negative ones alike, but the negative ones are comming from excuses mostly. Make yourself accountable, it is simple, you will have to make a change to see a difference. Trust me when I say I have been through so much psychological trauma; emotional, mental & sexual abuse. I am a survivor, I vow to be a better person in spite of it! No one made me this way, I made me this way & I will make myself better, healthier (& already much happier!)

"If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you've always got". True words!!!
  • candyastra
    Options
    you can make excuses, or you can make a change, but ultimately, the choice is yours :)
  • candyastra
    Options
    You have encouraged me!

& if you were the only one, I will feel content in myself that I have made a difference today :)
  • kealambert
    kealambert Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    I have to say, from some of the messages I've been getting since starting this thread, appreciate the positive ones & the negative ones alike, but the negative ones are comming from excuses mostly. Make yourself accountable, it is simple, you will have to make a change to see a difference. Trust me when I say I have been through so much psychological trauma; emotional, mental & sexual abuse. I am a survivor, I vow to be a better person in spite of it! No one made me this way, I made me this way & I will make myself better, healthier (& already much happier!)

"If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you've always got". True words!!!

very good quote.

I also like 'if you want what other people don't have, you have to be willing to do what others are not willing to do'
  • sjeagle30
    sjeagle30 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I agree. My cousin is trying a new fad diet by taking drops and eating 500 cals per day fro 21 days. She got so mad at me when I told her the only way to really do this and be effective is watching calories and being sure to eat enough calories and exercise. Paying for the drops will do nothing.....its te 500 calories per day for 21 days!! Then what happens after that. Nobody can make it on 500 cals per day! People seem disapointed that the only way to really lose is what we all already know. If there were a miracle drug everyone would be skinny!
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    ya there are a lot of fad diets out there. I've done a few detox cleanses and am on one right now. some people frown on them because people use them to loose weight. I use them to detox and clean my system out, and yeah I drop weight with them too. I'm currently starting the juicer cleanse, I wouldn't recommend it for someone who wants to simply loose weight.

even though doing the math and fallowing a balanced diet and more active lifestyle is easy on paper it is horribly hard in real life.
  • anewrac
    anewrac Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    You have definately inspired me too. I'm trying to lose weight while travelling around Oz in a caravan with 2 young kids!!
  • jodibelle
    jodibelle Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Great work!! You're doing awesome - keep it up!
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    If it were REALLY just that simple people wouldn't need websites like this for support. :drinker:

It is that simple.

if it were that simple, I mean really that simple and didn't come down to psychological barriers, physical barriers, mis- education/ mis information, etc. etc. there would be NO need for myfitnesspal.

The point is, it is that simple. People want to excuse or over complicate things. When they realise it is that simple.. life will be so much better for them.

SMH, you don't get it. That's sad.

SMH, you don't get it. That's ignorance.
  • taramaureen
    taramaureen Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    If it were REALLY just that simple people wouldn't need websites like this for support. :drinker:

It is that simple.

if it were that simple, I mean really that simple and didn't come down to psychological barriers, physical barriers, mis- education/ mis information, etc. etc. there would be NO need for myfitnesspal.

The point is, it is that simple. People want to excuse or over complicate things. When they realise it is that simple.. life will be so much better for them.

No, it's just I've been on both sides of this coin. Where it's really very easy and then where it's just not that simple. To say it's that simple for everyone is ignoring a lot of different factors here. I can somewhat agree with the "it's that simple of a math equation but it's not easy to do".
  • grinch031
    grinch031 Posts: 1,679
    Options
    You can't use a simple physics equation to represent complex biochemical processes. It really isn't that simple. If person A eats whatever they want and stays thin and person B battles weight gain while starving themselves and going to the gym 6 days a week, then we know its not so simple.

This is coming from someone who has never been obese. Its not an excuse if even thin people can recognize this.
  • SweetJoanne
    SweetJoanne Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    what a good post you are totally right, it takes willpower calorie counting and exercise also determination, you have to be in the right state of mind, I am proud of you
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    you're awesome. well put. unfortunately so many people want quick fixes.
  • chefswife07
    chefswife07 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Great encouragement! Thank you for your post!!
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options

It is that simple.

No, it's just I've been on both sides of this coin. Where it's really very easy and then where it's just not that simple. To say it's that simple for everyone is ignoring a lot of different factors here. I can somewhat agree with the "it's that simple of a math equation but it's not easy to do".

I'm referring to weightloss. The process of weightloss is simple.

Issues related to thought process which lead to bad behavior and in turn weight gain can be complicated. That isn't the point of this discussion. Or so everyone else thought..
  • Krissy366
    Krissy366 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    you can make excuses, or you can make a change, but ultimately, the choice is yours :)

That's absolutely true, but you have to be ready, and deeply committed to make those changes, and even then you can still stumble. The concept is truly simple, but putting it into practice takes work. Everyone's journey is going to be different, everyone's successes and failures are going to be different. In the end, everyone is accountable for themselves, but no one's struggles should be minimized.

Congrats on your weight loss - that is very inspiring.
  • Laura_Ivy
    Laura_Ivy Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    I see where you are coming from in regards to eating healthy and calorie counting but it's not always simple!
    I can't lose even though I have counted calories since november and have switched things up. I did the 1200 calorie thing and then the eat more to lose thing, 40/30/30. So it's not that simple for some and maybe I am just a bit bitter on the subject...i just really hate generalizations. :(
  • grinch031
    grinch031 Posts: 1,679
    Options

It is that simple.

Issues related to thought process which lead to bad behavior and in turn weight gain can be complicated. That isn't the point of this discussion. Or so everyone else thought..

Oh so the OP is also only referring to temporary weight loss?
  • taramaureen
    Options

The process of weight loss CAN be simple. It can also be quite complicated as bodies do actually work differently. And I'm sorry but you can't negate the other stuff when it comes to weight loss either. They go hand in hand.
  • taramaureen
    Options
    I see where you are coming from in regards to eating healthy and calorie counting but it's not always simple!
    I can't lose even though I have counted calories since november and have switched things up. I did the 1200 calorie thing and then the eat more to lose thing, 40/30/30. So it's not that simple for some and maybe I am just a bit bitter on the subject...i just really hate generalizations. :(

haha you sound like me. I hate generalizations as well. Before I had my first child weight loss really was simple. Eat less, exercise more, lose weight. Now it's eat less, exercise a ton and still not lose. Eat more, exercise less, gain. Eat more exercise more, not lose. Eat the same exercise the same, gain.... frustrating I tell ya.