How many lbs do you fluctuate?

Options

Replies

• momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Daily fluctuation of 1-3 lbs, but I record weight once a week (Monday morning) and I either stay the same or lose 1/2 a lb. I'm currently set to lose 1/2 a pound a week since I don't have much to lose now.
  • AeolianHarp
    AeolianHarp Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Stop weighing yourself everyday. It's a pointless, moot, self-defeating endeavour. I weigh myself every Sunday morning, in my boxers only, after I've been to the bathroom and that's that. I have weighed myself day-to-day and my weight fluctuates from 1-6 pounds. There's a huge variance, so weighing yourself with different clothes, after eating, before eating, after going to the bathroom, etc. all yield astronomically different results. Stop weighing yourself everyday. You're just causing unnecessary psychological hardship.
  • PlainJade13
    Options
    I'm a 4 pound bouncer
  • PrincessLou71186
    PrincessLou71186 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I weigh every Monday and I have been losing and gaining the same 5lbs for a month. Still for 35lbs or so to lose also.
  • mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Try not to worry about it too much, I fluctuate by about 5lbs day to day, I don't lose consistently, usually I don't lose weekly but I might lose 5lbs every 3 weeks. Some of us just work differently. I weigh myself every day just to keep an eye on things but I only log a lower weight when that has been true for a few days.
  • Leonzu
    Leonzu Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself first thing in the morning once a week.
    I learnt not to torture myself by weighing myself continuously throughout the day as your body will naturally fluctuate...for me this can be 1-2lbs.
    I try not to live by the scale as this can be detrimental to my success.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    Lol, in one day I can fluctuate 5lbs easy. Not drinking enough water and eating sushi or pho does it to me all the time.

A.C.E. Certified Personal & Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • LauraSmyth28
    LauraSmyth28 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I fluctuate by 5lbs. I record my weight once a week and weigh in the morning.

Recently bought a new scales and was 5lbs up. Devastated. It was the afternoon when I weighed though, by the next morning I was 3lbs up....not quite as bad.
  • FinalOutrage
    Options
    I weigh myself on Friday mornings. Seems like the most logical day to do so since everyone likes to get in some cheat meals during the weekend, and there is never enough time to recover from that before Monday morning.
  • Richmond420
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday and if I drop some weight I'll wait a day before making it official on MFP, but by the end of the day I can be 2-3 pounds heavier. I try to avoid bread and similar items like the plague.
  • Zlyph
    Zlyph Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Ill bounce anywhere from 0-4lbs daily.

I track my weight daily and take weekly/monthly averages. and use those averages to determine if im actually losing weight or not.
    The idea of a "weigh in" to me is silly, need more data points...
  • sdrawkcabynot
    sdrawkcabynot Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I fluctuate 2-4 lbs... Especially after my "off day" from the gym and/or if what I ate the day before had a lot of sodium.
  • beskimoosh
    beskimoosh Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    After a "day off" I gain about 5lbs some weeks, and it's all bloating. Other than that, I fluctuate within 4lb of a weight. I only record it on a Saturday morning though :)
  • maysflower
    maysflower Posts: 180
    Options
    I weigh myself almost daily, but only record Monday's weight. I record the weight even if I have gained. I have 40 more pounds to lose and I have found them to be the hardest. I have been bouncing up and down from 186 to 192 for months now. I've heard that when you get to a certain point in your weight loss it will become harder than when you began. I believe that. Good luck!
  • Naominjw
    Naominjw Posts: 8
    Options
    I am a postmenopausal female, and now only fluctuate about 0.6 lbs from day to day. However, younger females could fluctuate a LOT more, even by 4-5 pounds depending on cycle.
  • snlperdue93
    snlperdue93 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning after climbing out of bed and going to the bathroom, but I only record my weight on Tuesday's. I normally only fluctuate a pound or two during the day, but during TOM I can gain 5-10 pounds in water and then lose t a week later.
  • princesslmc2
    princesslmc2 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I do weigh myself daily, but only as a research tool. I like to see how doing different things affect the scale (to deter myself from doing some of those things in the future). Plus, TOM plays a big part into it. If I jump up 4-6 pounds overnight, I know TOM is right around the corner... And it'll take me about 10 full days to drop back down.

I only actually record my weight either on Fridays (I cheat, cause I weight the least on Fridays cause I've been good all week) or when I need a mood booster and see a new low mid-week.
  • y353
    y353 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Fluctuate about 2lbs daily (Weight and record everyday).

Normally when I eat meat (Churrasco, I love it) the next day will be a heavy one. But then, 1-2 days later I'm back at I was before the meat.

My scale is a little bit crazy. In the same minute can give me 1 kg more or less, depending on how I step on it (Toes or heel). So, 'till my first goal I weighted myself maybe 10 times until I had the same number for all (both sides and front weighting). Now I record the first number, trying my best to distribute the weight evenly. As I know that even that is not really the right weight, I lowered my goals.
  • siberianlilly
    siberianlilly Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday to see the fluctuations but only weigh in once a week. Used to be Fridays but I have my personal trainer on Thursdays, as an example, this friday I weighed in at 237 lbs and then weighed in again on Saturday morning after just a cardio session on Friday night and weighed 233lbs. Today I was 233 again but tomorrow I will probably be higher since I have strength training tonight. My body holds a lot of water after intense workouts.

I think I'm the same way! I've been doing P90X/Insanity hybrid and am on day 29 tomorrow. I took my pictures today to compare and there's really no change! Even my measurements have gone up and inch! I was bummed about this at first and then I saw this thread! BLESS YOU ALL! It could've been a really ****ty Monday for me if I hadn't of read this! I'm sore from some serious cardio and kenpo over the weekend, and I've read that when you're sore it's due to the muscles holding onto the toxins and water. Makes sense now why today is an "off" day for me.

I tend to go up (size/looks) before I go down too, so that's another thing to consider.
  • badknees29
    badknees29 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    about 3 lbs and usually i gain on the days i think i've eaten well and then on days im like im screwed i loose the weight....