hcg friends

Options
I would like to find HCG frineds

Replies

• engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    you won't find them here. hcg is unhealthy and illegal in the united states, and this website doesn't condone unsafe practices.
  • RyanDanielle5101
    Options
    ^^^ What he said!!!
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    You need to research a healthier choice in fitness and well being. Please choose the best option....eating well and getting some exercise. There is no magic bullet to weight loss/living well/fitness other than getting off your rump and doing it.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    you won't find them here. hcg is unhealthy and illegal in the united states, and this website doesn't condone unsafe practices.
  • mickipedia
    mickipedia Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    Agreed, theres a reason they have to hack people facebook to make them post fake success stories.
  • Bree5280
    Bree5280 Posts: 18
    Options
    I am not on it I want to know about it and it is not illigal if it is prescribed I thought. it is offered at the doctors office I go to. I wanted learn about it is all
  • mickipedia
    mickipedia Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    I am not on it I want to know about it and it is not illigal if it is prescribed I thought. it is offered at the doctors office I go to. I wanted learn about it is all

Not worth learning about, its a fad hun.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    It is illegal in the US, it is not approved by the FDA for use as a weight loss supplement. If your doctor is pushing it, I'd find a new doctor.
  • RyanDanielle5101
    Options

Fad diets do not work…..hell diets do not even work. Eating right and exercising is all you have to do to lose weight or get healthy. You have to look at it more like a lifestyle change than a diet.
  • jlafas1981
    Options
    No trying to tell you what to do and results vary but I tried the HCG injections for one month and yes you will loose weight, because you barely eat and you have to be very exact with you foods.

Down fall, I lost tons of hair and it took almost a year for it to grow back. I was always weak and couldnt really do normal activities.
  • Soniatantu
    Soniatantu Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I had a co-worker from work who lost 16 lbs within a week. (Very unhealthy...your healthy loss it 1-2lbs per week). She gained it all back and then some. Its a very unhealthy, high maintenance, fad. Actually a few coworkers tried it and some lost but they have to go back on it because you gain it all back if you go back to your eating habits. Well the one co-worker I mentioned gained it back and then some. It 's not worth it.

Trust me I know I wish I could have a quick fix and lose the weight that I need to but that is the not the healthy way...excercise, healthy eating, patience, persistence, and motivation are the keys to a successful weight loss. Good luck.

I am surprised your doctor offers it at his/her office. Its not a healthy supplement.. Doctors are trained about proper basic nutrition ...shame on him /her for selling that.

Save your money and do it the good old fashion way....you can lose the weight while having fun and eat tasty foods while losing weight.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I think the very low calorie hcg 'plan' is generally only recommended for the morbidly obese, as the risks of continuing to be morbidly obese may outweigh the risks of synthetic hormones and very low calorie/nutrition intake. Please believe me when I say you don't need to go to those drastic measures to lose the 30 lbs you want to lose. You can do it by sticking to MFP's recommendations and being diligent about it. I noticed your profile says you don't want to be 'soft' - I totally get that b/c that's something I'm working on myself. The thing about the hcg plan is that it has you eating so few calories that it recommends you NOT exercise (b/c you really don't have the energy to spare) - by eating so little and not working out your muscles, you are at risk for losing a larger amount of muscle than you would if you went the more 'moderate' route of the MFP plan. Not everything you lose during weightloss is fat, you do lose some muscle, and the risk of losing larger amounts of muscle is higher when you're not exercising and using a large calorie deficit (i.e. eating very low calories). If you stick to MFP's recommendations and exercise, you will probably have better results in terms of not being so 'soft' when you get to your goal, b/c you will have a better chance of keeping more of the muscle mass that you currently have. You can do this w/o having to go to that extreme (and w/o having to go to that *expense* - imagine the healthy foods and exercise stuff you can buy with the money that would be spent on getting HCG from the dr).
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    My personal opinion regarding medical intervention is that it should not be used for weightloss unless a person is facing real and specific danger. What I mean is, if you are able to move around and such, and you do not have a hormonal/physical condition that prevents you from being able to lose weight without assistance, then you should rely on your own mechanisms.

HCG might work in the sense of promoting weight loss but that doesn't mean everyone should take it. If you were say, 500+ lbs and could not get out of bed because you were too heavy, then maybe I would support the use of these things to help you. However, by your picture, I can see that you for all intents and purposes should be able to move your butt on your own (I apologize if you can't, this is just a visual perception) and considering these things is a waste of your time.

This is coming from a woman that almost weight 500 lbs myself at my heaviest. Sure, they introduced various "solutions" to the weight issue, but I still opted to do it on my own. It's a slow process BUT I know I'm safe and healthier for it, and there's a lot of pride you can find it making the effort all on your own and seeing results.
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    Dear Posters,

MyFitnessPal strongly recommends that our users follow the calorie guidelines automatically assigned by our site, unless they are under the direct supervision of a doctor. We are currently reviewing the medical literature on the HCG/500 calorie diet and reserve the right to moderate against discussions of this diet at any time in the future.

For the time being, HCG discussions remain an option for members in private Groups. Please remember that even in Groups, all site wide rules must be correctly moderated, or the Group runs the risk of deletion. Specifically, endorsement of purchasing prescription supplements or medications without a prescription is in violation of the MyFitnessPal posting guidelines, which can be reviewed here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

Thank you all for your concern. We're definitely looking closely at this issue.
This discussion has been closed.