Long Island Medium...

Options
Anyone watch this? Its my new favorite show! I don't have anyone close who has passed away, but I know if I did, I would want to drive the hour up to Long Island, and visit this woman.... Though she is kinda loud... lol The one thing that kills me about her, is when she goes up to a random person whos friend/spirit has come to her, and shes right, she freaks out about it. Its like, you've been doing this long enough - why are you surprised that your right?? Kinda strange, but I still love it.

Anyone else??

Replies

• Kellster30
    Kellster30 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I LOVE this show!! I watched it all last season. I didn't watch it last night, but I DVR'd it so I can watch it later! I would love to meet her!
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I didn't know this was a tv show... I saw someone on FB post about this and I thought it was a type of drink LOL
  • nikrit84
    nikrit84 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Love...Love it!! I am sooo ready to drive from ohio just to see her!! My husbands brother died when he was 25 years old, so I would def go see her!! Though we probably could not afford whatever it is she charges lol. I watched all last season and could not wait for last night! Puts me in tears everytime!
  • michaelaleighfle
    michaelaleighfle Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    loveeeeeeeee this show. when i was younger my mom watched john edwards and i thought she was crazy for believing all the stuff that went on, but i really believe in it now!
  • SONIA820
    SONIA820 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    For me, it's one of those shows that I love but can't watch because it makes me cry like a baby sometimes! She is soooo cool! Would love to just bump into her and be one of those random people that she talks to! LOL!
  • JoJoDoerr
    JoJoDoerr Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I actually just watched a rerun episode last night and thought it was pretty good. It was the episode where the little boy (Steven) wouldn't leave her alone and had her searching out his mother.
  • SnowWhite824
    Options
    Yeah, I was totally hysterical last night. The first one I watched was about the little 6 year old boy. Now, if it had been about a grandparent, or someone older, I probably still would have cried, but to have the first one be about a child that lost his life, and being a Mommy myself.... Really got me. But its so great that she can help these people, and put them a little more at ease with the passing of their loved ones.
  • futuresize8
    futuresize8 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Not to be a bubble burster (because I would LOVE to believe it's all true) but a simple google search of her (and Edwards) makes it sound like they do a lot of fishing and latching on/pre-show research through aides.

Apparently for every hit, there are dozens of misses, and those don't get recorded. Meanwhile, people pay loads of money for validation that their loved ones are still around. And that's a shame.

I'd rather take that money and put it or some volunteeer time toward a cause my loved one admired, and see them live on in that way.

Shows like this are good for entertainment, but I can't help feeling that watching them supports exploitation of those who are greiving and need support.
  • Tuffjourney
    Tuffjourney Posts: 971
    Options
    I love her! She is so frickin funny. I love her family too. They are so funny. Whether you believe or not, its fun to watch. Some people will only believe when they have experienced it themselves. Who knows maybe even then. But you have me, who has had many experiences and I will never try to convince someone. I will just smile, because I know! :heart:
  • SnowWhite824
    Options
    Not to be a bubble burster (because I would LOVE to believe it's all true) but a simple google search of her (and Edwards) makes it sound like they do a lot of fishing and latching on/pre-show research through aides.

Apparently for every hit, there are dozens of misses, and those don't get recorded. Meanwhile, people pay loads of money for validation that their loved ones are still around. And that's a shame.

I'd rather take that money and put it or some volunteeer time toward a cause my loved one admired, and see them live on in that way.

Shows like this are good for entertainment, but I can't help feeling that watching them supports exploitation of those who are greiving and need support.

You can do whatever you want with your money. I don't believe she is doing anyone a dis-service - because there are people out there who believe, and will want to know how their passed loved ones are doing. I KNOW that 3 days after my friend passed, that he visited us. I don't care what anyone else believes, I know it happened.
    And I'm sure that there are misses, no one is perfect. But you can't deny when she goes up to totally random people and knows things that she should never know.

And when I say "believe" I don't mean God... I don't believe in all that Church, synagog, or any of that god stuff. But I do believe that when you die, you have a spirit.
  • futuresize8
    futuresize8 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Yeowch! Sure didn't mean to offend you.

I was not saying that I don't believe spiritually or that I am criticizing anyone who does...I'm saying I don't know that I believe in these particular mediums who claim to be helpful, but charge thousands of dollars to people who are desperately seeking a connection with a loved one; and these shows serve as advertisements.

I'm also suggesting that the "random" events may not be so random. That is all I was saying. If you love the show, I think it's just fine. I was only saying I didn't like the potential exploitation. I only had an opinion because I recently looked her up because I saw an ad for the show, and read the unfortunate indications that she is not as she seems.

Be well...
  • SnowWhite824
    Options
    Yeowch! Sure didn't mean to offend you.

I was not saying that I don't believe spiritually or that I am criticizing anyone who does...I'm saying I don't know that I believe in these particular mediums who claim to be helpful, but charge thousands of dollars to people who are desperately seeking a connection with a loved one; and these shows serve as advertisements.

I'm also suggesting that the "random" events may not be so random. That is all I was saying. If you love the show, I think it's just fine. I was only saying I didn't like the potential exploitation. I only had an opinion because I recently looked her up because I saw an ad for the show, and read the unfortunate indications that she is not as she seems.

Be well...

Yeah, I did get off the *****y side of the bed this morning..... Oh well - Maybe my blood sugar is low!