Im so frustrated!!!

13»

Replies

• kealambert
    kealambert Posts: 961 Member
    STOP GETTING ON THE SCALE!! Its a mutual HATE relationship! If you are losing inches then you are doing something right! The scale is the evil little *kitten* that calls you fat because it doesn't distingush the difference between fat and muscle!

!!!!!!!!1

or water, or food, or poo, or bones or organs, etc etc
  • randilynn113
    randilynn113 Posts: 227 Member
    I agree - you don't need the diet pills! I've tried quite a few over the past several years and if they did work, once I stopped I would gain again. It is all about making healthy eating and healthy choices your lifestyle and getting active. I have been up and down over the past year, and this winter I was not active at all and put it all back on, so I logged back on here a couple weeks ago to start over for good this time. I am one of those people who needs instant results, so to speak, so the process of losing at a safe rate is hard for me to do sometimes... but I know I can, it just means that I have to work hard to track what I eat and get moving! Even when I don't feel like it, I still push play :)

good luck to you - hopefully you find what works for you!!!
  • it's only been one week! nothing to get flustered over! the scale takes time, so notice other things that are going on with your body...more energy, sleeping better, feeling less bloated, accomplished for each day doing and eating what you should, better looking skin, better mood, and the list goes on and on!!! don't focus on the scale, or you'll lose the ambition!! try every other week weigh-ins or even monthly :-)
  • BlueInkDot
    BlueInkDot Posts: 702 Member
    my fear is with MFP's popularity, will come the trendy diet-seekers. be careful to UNDERSTAND your body before settling on a technique to get healthier. as a previous poster said, it's about being HEALTHY not losing weight...you can do both, but you must put the health horse in front of the weight cart

AMEN!!!
  • tpeacoe1
    tpeacoe1 Posts: 22
    I think if you simply just cut your calories and exercise then youll have more gratitude towards your hard work. If you get it done the easy way then its almost not as great of an accomplishment! :)
  • stacymama5
    stacymama5 Posts: 391 Member
    Another thing that has helped me is taking B Complex vitamin. I checked with my favorite pharmacist to see if it was ok to take with thyroid medicine that I am on and he said not only is it ok but will give me more energy. I have noticed a big difference.
  • danascot
    danascot Posts: 100 Member
    "an active person who weighs 209 lbs should be eating around 2000 calories NET"

holy cow that sounds like alot! but maybe your right i might be eating to little even though it seems like alot to me

I weigh about 30 lbs. less than you and I eat 1600 cals a day, more on days I exercise - like 1800-1900. i would say you aren't eating enough. Not sure what you are eating in a typical day - but slowly increase your calories and continue everything else you are doing - best of luck!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!