I poop once every 4 days, is that normal ?!

Options

Replies

• FlynnMacCallister
    FlynnMacCallister Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    It's not normal for most people, but if you consistently go every four days, and don't have any related problems, it may well be fine and normal for you. Going regularly is more important than going often.

You do probably need to eat more, y'know....
  • reemalali
    reemalali Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    well I feel do feel that I am over heating when I start running, but my trainer said that it is normal !!

And for the laxatives, a long time ago I used to have laxatives every once in a while but then my mother advised me to stop and so I did,

Well I am taking lots of fiber and water but still no results =((
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    You won't poop if there is nothing in there to come out. 1000 calories seems REALLY low with exercise 5x a week.
  • csparon
    csparon Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I poop once every 4 days, i eat about 1000 calories per day and i go to the gym 5 days/week,

I also noticed that when I work out I hardly sweat, even when I run !

Please advise me, what is wrong with me ?!

1000 calories a day is bad for you especially if you're working out 5 days a week. Up your calories to 1,200-1,400 and focus on getting the right nutrients.

Also, how much water are you drinking?
  • csparon
    csparon Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    the amount off poop you do depends on the amount and also what youre eating........the more rubbish the more poop........its all the stuff your body doesnt want that comes out

Actually it's mostly made up of bacteria that is in the colon.
  • zoodalia
    zoodalia Posts: 294
    Options
    I poop once every 4 days, i eat about 1000 calories per day and i go to the gym 5 days/week,

When I lost weight the unhealthy way a few years ago e.g. too few calories I went to the toilet about once a week - - - yeah, you heard.
  • ChubbyStudent25
    Options

You need to talk with a doctor.
  • invisibubble
    invisibubble Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    From 3 times a day to 3 times a week can be normal. Doesn't mean it is for that person and yours certainly isn't, but neither is your lifestyle. You need much more intake than 1000 calories, especially with a 5 workout day week.
    If you're worried there's something more than this happening, just go to your GP. It's better to set your mind at ease.
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    I usually drop the kids off at the pool a couple times a day. At least once in the morning and another time sometime later in the afternoon or in the evening. They do love to swim!
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Your fine. Continue what you are doing. You might want to up that exercise to 6 or 7 days a week.
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    No this is not normal.

Eat more.
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Im the exact opposite i poop about 4 times a day!
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Everything about this thread points to trolling.

New user... no friends... no previous posts... first post is a hot topic. Hmmmm :noway:
  • reemalali
    Options
    8-9 cups daily !!
    well I just want to lose weight but I don't know how,

and no I'm not trolling I just need some advice, but thanks =))
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    crazy-parenting-fails-the-baby-helps-work-out-my-core-a-little-more.jpg

Every day!
  • katcod1522
    katcod1522 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I word for you..Miralax. Its not a laxative..just a stool softener...I take a dose every day per my dr..and take a magnesium supplement :)
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    Okay, totally off topic... but my brother didn't go for a week once and when he went to the doctor the doctor laughed in his face and told him that wasn't possible and then told him to get out.

But... everyone in my family goes like twice a week max... so... for my family it's normal. I wouldn't worry TOO much about it unless you're not feeling very good...
  • blynn2708
    blynn2708 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with taking a laxative if you don't go. I do on a regular basis, and have for about ten years. If I don't, I won't go for five days. Stress usually does that to me. But there are many reasons for it. Take a laxative. You will feel so much better and regular.

Again, NO NO NO NO NO NO. Some laxatives can cause permanent damage to your mesenteric plexus (nerves that stimulate bowel contraction). As I said before, if pooping once every four days bothers you, drink lots of water and incorporate stool bulking agents into your diet (ie fiber). There are an array of fiber supplements out there in the forms of tablets, chewables and drink powders. You need to add bulk to stimulate your bowel to move, not take a laxative.
    This scares me a bit as I have been taking Senokot S for about 2 yrs now, 3 every night so I can poop! I have told my doctor but he doesn't seem too concerned about it. I tried more fiber and water, prunes, prune juice, flax seed, whole and crushed, ex lax, but it all makes me worse...I went 2 weeks one time without pooping!
  • Annie_Oakley
    Options
    Everything about this thread points to trolling.

New user... no friends... no previous posts... first post is a hot topic. Hmmmm :noway:

That thought had crossed my mind as well.
  • reemalali
    Options
    Well I guess that I have to try working out more and eating more fibers =))
    And up my water intake =))