I poop once every 4 days, is that normal ?!

Options

Replies

• StrawberrySt
    Options
    See a DR and don't get medical advice from the internet???
  • StrawberrySt
    Options
    That said, there is some good advice on here (eat more, drink water, don't take laxatives etc.) but f you are really worried go see a Dr and ask all your questions.
  • Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    I need to poop just reading about this.

Sounds like you should eat more. I just dont think that is enough.
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    nope. your body should get rid of wastes daily. up your fiber and water!!!! if it's sitting in your intestines, you're heavier than you should be and the toxins build up...
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    the amount off poop you do depends on the amount and also what youre eating........the more rubbish the more poop........its all the stuff your body doesnt want that comes out

Well, that's rubbish.

What if you are eating a ton of vegetables, with tons of fiber?

Think the body can do anything with that?

Are guts aren't exactly like animals, where we very efficiently get everything out of our food, and squeeze out all water before processing it.
  • Austin1988
    Austin1988 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I burn about 900 calories every time I work out,
    how many calories should I have ?!

Lets do the math:

1000 calories ate per day-900 calories burned in gym each day=nothing to poop out. You are absolutely starving yourself.
  • heybales
    Options
    I poop once every 4 days, i eat about 1000 calories per day and i go to the gym 5 days/week,

I also noticed that when I work out I hardly sweat, even when I run !

Please advise me, what is wrong with me ?!

Your brain is cloudy from low blood sugar. really and literally probably.

You eat 1000.
    You on avg burn what - 400 daily.
    That leaves 600 for the body to use for the functions of life.

Does that number even concern you?

If not, then you need to take a day off the gym so you have time, and apply as much brain power into your weight loss as you are applying brawn.

Search on metabolism, and effects of very low calorie diets.

Otherwise we'll see you back complaining about weight loss stall, as your 1000 eating becomes maintenance level, your muscles in other areas are getting smaller, you start getting sick more often, you lack energy, your performance on exercise is worse, and then you have real brain fog and can't figure out why.
  • JulieB864
    JulieB864 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Take 3 Colace each day. Its safe for constipation. Over the counter at any pharmacy
  • hoozieg
    hoozieg Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Interesting thread! No one has thought to ask if it's hard, like rabbit pellets or soft. If it's hard, you're constipated. You can cause damage to the colon which may result in bleeding and hemorrhoids. More fiber is needed. Benefiber is the best fiber supplement! Tasteless and non-gritty, you can put it in anything. I put it in Crystal Light and it dissolves quickly, leaving no trace of grit or bad taste. If you have rabbit pellets you're still constipated, you just may not need as much fiber to compensate. If it's soft and formed, you're fine. The no sweating worries me though. Sounds like you're dehydrated - are you getting enough water?
  • mrowrmeowmrowr
    mrowrmeowmrowr Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I poop once every 4 days, i eat about 1000 calories per day and i go to the gym 5 days/week,

I usually go once a week; sometimes a week and a half... I chug water, eat a ton of veggies, and work out.
    Some people are just like that. I am, at least.
  • Austin1988
    Austin1988 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    well I am going to try it this week 2100 calories, the days that I go to the gym =))
    the days that I don't go to the gym I'm going to stick to 1200 Calorie =))

Also- If you gain a few pounds this week, don't get too discouraged. By having only 100 net calories per day, your body may be in starvation mode and holding onto everything it can because it doesn't know when you will eat again. Give the 2100/1200 a few weeks to work and you will see results.
  • heybales
    Options
    I burn about 900 calories every time I work out,
    how many calories should I have ?!

Actually, you don't burn 900 calories.
    Is that based on HRM estimate?

Which is based on rough estimate of BMR.

But you no longer have a BMR anywhere near what your stats would calculate to, so all activity takes much less calories than what would be estimated with someone with a normal metabolism.

For your height and weight, you probably have the metabolism of someone approaching 100.

Normally people yearn for having the metabolism they had when they were young - here you are trying to force down to the one you'd have before you die.
  • haylz24
    haylz24 Posts: 225
    Options
    Not normal! I go everyday, sometimes twice. You need more fibre. If you struggle getting enough, buy a supplement. I use Tony Ferguson fibre supplement. Put it in shakes and cereal. It tastes quite sweet too so its yummy! :) drink more water too.
  • heybales
    Options
    I usually go once a week; sometimes a week and a half... I chug water, eat a ton of veggies, and work out.
    Some people are just like that. I am, at least.

Normal for you.

Normal and healthy in general, no - might read up on it so you have more of a view than your limited world surrounding yourself.

Some people that are malnourished are just like that, sure, and other health issues.

Pleas get checked out, because doubtless other issues are developing. Colon cancer in studies has some links to what is kept in the gut for too long. Lots of veggies with lots of fiber should be unusable by the body, and excreted.
  • ewheeler619
    Options
    I have the same problem. More fiber (from grains) only works if you drink a ton more water otherwise you'll make the issue worse. I find even that doesn't always work though.

What works best for me is: No wheat(we know this is pretty hard), tons of veggies, Naked Juice Green Machine(HUGE HELP!) and coffee without a ton of sugar(do stevia) later in the afternoon. Also, acupuncture helps a lot but its expensive to go all the time.

The downside to the Naked Juice is that it's full of sugar. Sprouts sells a powder form that is essentially the same thing made from veggies and algae and stuff, sorry, can't remember the name, but if you can handle gulping that down it would probably be worth it.

In addition, I know people say eat more, but that seems to make it worse for me; the more I eat, the less I feel like I need to go. The cleaner/smaller my diet, the more regular I tend to be...

OH! And Triple Leaf Super Slimming Tea... its an absolute blessing!
  • bridgie101
    bridgie101 Posts: 817 Member
    Options

Sounds like dehydration. What colour and smell is your wee? It should be very pale and not very smelly.

Drink lots and eat weetbix or similar for breakfast. Eat 2 cups veges or more for dinner. I would expect to pooh once a day minimum, when I'm on a really horrible diet once every 2 days - but once every four days is really a bit much I think.
  • Leaker12
    Leaker12 Posts: 57
    Options
    I have been like that most of my audlt life, sometimes I have to eat something to help it along, and I don't sweat like most people do either.
  • Vegetablearian
    Vegetablearian Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I go 4 or 5 times a day depending on how much veg I each .... wow once a week
  • ♥ChUbByCoyLe♥
    ♥ChUbByCoyLe♥ Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    It's not ideal to be honest. Need to get rid of the toxins (poop) from your body every day, or at least every other day. Increase your calorie, fibre and water intake and you should see a good improvement.

My Grandad had a saying: If you don't eat, you don't poop, if you don't poop, you die.

A bit extreme, but you get the jist ......x
  • Radcliffe83
    Options
    don't ask here as to many different opinions. See a doctor if you are worried.