which hrm to get

Options
Which hrm do you recommend and why? Thanks!

Replies

• kimberly2578
    Options
    Well, while it isn't a HRM, I highly recommend the body media core link arm band. I absolutely LOVE it and don't know what I would do without it. It tells me how many calories I burn ALL day!! It tells how many steps taken, how many hours of sleep you get, how much vigorous activity and moderate activity you get. You put in how much you eat and it gives you your deficit (or surplus) for the day!! It is about 200.00 and the monthly subscription fee is 7.00 but soooo worth it! I actually got mine on sale for 139.00. The link part of it means you can link it to a smartphone if you have one. That is the best part because I can keep tabs of what all is going on all throughout the day. I bet I check that thing over 100 times a day. lol
  • Brittany3914
    Brittany3914 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Though I haven't used it yet, I just ordered the Polar FT4 heart rate monitor from Amazon for $75. I read a lot of reviews on many different sites, and it was a nice choice for my needs. If you're looking for something easy to use, and don't need a lot of bells and whistles, I would look into that model. I hear the FT7 is great too. It came with a chest strap, which can calculate your calorie burns accurately.

Hope that helps!
  • schmoozie26
    schmoozie26 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I have had the Polar FT4 for a couple months and love it! Still trying to figure out some things on it, but love it cuz it has a chest strap and that seems to be more accurate for me!! I also use a fitbit for my daily activity.
  • krislshoe
    krislshoe Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    love my polar ft4...so easy to use and it was only $61......shows calories burned..heartrate, time, shows if you are in the calorie burning zone or not....love ti!