Goodbye obesity!

Options
brendacooks
brendacooks Posts: 103 Member
So today is the day I stepped on the scale and saw that I am now officially in the ranks of the "merely" overweight - OBESE NO MORE!!!! I have been gunning for this day for 6 months and I am pretty happy to be here. Until I started on MFP I had not weighed myself for many years and it was a real shocker to look that BMI in the eye.... Of course I knew I was fat - but OBESE??? Really? Denial is an amazing thing! My BMI was 35. I am very excited to report that this morning it is 29.9! Whooo hooooooo!!!!! Yay!!! Hooraayy!!!!
OK. Now back to our regularly scheduled programming... :)

Replies

• NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    So today is the day I stepped on the scale and saw that I am now officially in the ranks of the "merely" overweight - OBESE NO MORE!!!! I have been gunning for this day for 6 months and I am pretty happy to be here. Until I started on MFP I had not weighed myself for many years and it was a real shocker to look that BMI in the eye.... Of course I knew I was fat - but OBESE??? Really? Denial is an amazing thing! My BMI was 35. I am very excited to report that this morning it is 29.9! Whooo hooooooo!!!!! Yay!!! Hooraayy!!!!
    OK. Now back to our regularly scheduled programming... :)

You totally ROCK and I remember my goodbye to obesity day too! Love you thread title as well--Go Girl!!!!
  • larkiedeek
    larkiedeek Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    YAY!!!!!

Well done. So pleased for you. :)
  • sxyfitmomandwife
    sxyfitmomandwife Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Whoooooo!! Congrats!
  • jwpe
    jwpe Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    You are doing great! It is inspiring!
  • NanaB2011
    NanaB2011 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! I can't wait to join you....I have 7 pounds to go!
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    Hehe, one more pound to that 29.9 bmi for me :D
  • Butterfly3730
    Options
    That is wonderful! I'm looking forward to the day too! 22 lbs to go but I will definitely get there! Congrats!
  • ShaSimone
    ShaSimone Posts: 276
    Options
    Wonderful!! Say goodbye to Obesity FOREVER! I remember that day when my BMI was simply overweight. Keep going because you are on the right path to complete health and wellness.
  • tallen3687
    tallen3687 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I was a pound away last year but gave up and went back up. I am now 7 pounds away again and can't wait to join your ranks.
  • islandjumper
    islandjumper Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I'm about 6lbs away myself!
  • brock303030
    brock303030 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! I started my journey on January 2 of this year and I was at 40.1 BMI. I was in the morbidly obese category. I am currently 5.5 pounds away from hitting the over weight category. If I have a good week these week it will mean 3 months to go from morbidly obese to over weight!
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    So exciting!!!
  • kriskaryl
    kriskaryl Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss and the success! I remember when my nutritionist told me I was no longer obese. what a wonderful feeling!
  • meglynne1987
    meglynne1987 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS!!!!!!
  • MeliNichole84
    MeliNichole84 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    OH I CANT WAIT TO BE THERE!! CONGRATS TO YOU.
  • tlcprn
    tlcprn Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    GREAT Job! Feels good, don't it? Keep up the good work! You're an inspiration to the rest of us!
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    I have 1.5 lbs more to get there. I cannot wait!! Here lately it takes me about 2 weeks to even lose 1 lb, so I really want to work hard this week to see if I can break this barrier!!

Congrats to you!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!