New excercise DVDs--any advice?

Options
2»

Replies

• zuzuanne88
    zuzuanne88 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I just started ballet conditioning and barre flirtations...you start to feel it the second you start...it's so much fun,and I feel refined and delicate doing the ballarina stances and gestures
  • karenyg
    karenyg Posts: 79
    Options
    I like Shaun T. he keeps you pumped and going.
  • bluestocking06
    bluestocking06 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I have to say, I've actually been really enjoying the fact that both netflix and on demand have a bunch of fitness workouts. I'm not sure if you have either of these options, but if you do, they change up the routines available pretty often and they cover the full gambit from carbio to yoga to weight training. It also allows me to switch it up instead of only having a few options.
  • endlessloser
    endlessloser Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Actually if you love dance, depending on how fit you are now, you'd probably enjoy either Turbo Jam or Turbo Fire (beachbody.com - not an affiliate link, I just love them).

Turbo Fire is like the advanced version of Turbo Jam, but you could do it on its own anyway.

It's basically like kickboxing with dance moves. Quite funky, great music and has HIIT workouts.

I've done Turbo Jam in the past and LOVE it, but have no room where I am to do some of the kick backs (20 min workout has a lot of that).

Bought Turbo Fire a while ago, started to do it but had other stuff get in the way, so I'm restarting next week. But if you love tae bo and dance, turbo fire would probably be THE BEST.

I bought Zumba... like it, but nothing at all like Turbo Fire / Turbo Jam. (Zumba is pretty much just dance except specific toning workouts... turbo fire is both all the time)
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I think I'll give one of hers a try.

Also looking at a Jazzercise DVD because I love to dance. Anybody have any experience with those?

I have Burlesque and I love it! I didn't think I would, so I was very surprised, and my @ss and abs get a good workout, too!

I'm a big Turbo Jam addict myself. I haven't gotten Turbo Fire yet, because I already have a huge dvd collection, and I'm saving up to get ChaLEAN Extreme. Ripped in 30 over 30 Day Shred for me. I'm not sure why, I just liked it better. I had heard a lot about Jari Love, so I bought one of her dvd's, but I haven't used it yet. I did preview it, though, and it looks like it might kill me! :bigsmile: That one I got from collagevideo. You could also check out videos on youtube. BodyRock.tv workouts are on there, and they're pretty intense. TONS of workouts on youtube. You'll be on there forever!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Turbo "xxxxx" are good for tae bo lovers. I wish I could get into Turbo Jam (rent or youtube preview this if you can) - the backgrounders are beyond obnoxious. Chalene (the instructor) is great though - I'm sure Turbo Kick & Turbo Fire are much better.

Ilaria Montagnani - Power Kick & Power Stike DVDs are really good.

http://www.collagevideo.com/searchresults.aspx?type=all&search=powerstrike+5
  • Zara150
    Zara150 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I honestly think there's nothing more EFFECTIVE and FUN and ADDICTIVE than INSANITY with SHaun T. I been reading an article about excercising and I saw that all the excercises he does are really the best for your body. He doesn't use weights BUT he's using the weight of your body and you lose so many calories in those 30-40 minutes. Go for it!
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    If you like to dance, Zumba is the way to go. I love it, but I wish there were more routines. I am not sure about Jazzercise - I've only done it at the gym.

I recently purchased P90X so I'm excited about that, as you do something different everyday.

Do your research and commit to one!
  • mischa_12
    mischa_12 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I love any of the 'Prevention Fitness' dvds, they're the only ones I can stick to and actually want to do - that's important to me.
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    I work out mainly via home excercise videos and am looking to spice up my routine. Currently I'm addicted to TaeBo--so I like fast-paced, make-you-sweat types of things. I also have one "The Firm--get chisled" DVD that I enjoy. I do Yoga occassionally, but am really looking for another kick-butt type of routine.

I'm kind of debating between "The Firm" or a Jillian Michaels one. Any suggestions?

I love Tae Bo. It's my number one workout. Take a look at Chris Freytag (She's one of my personal trainers) workout dvd called 10 Pound Slimdown on Collagevideo.com. This site no longer carries the workout, but if you are interested in the workout, after you preview it, you can buy it from Amazon.com. The dvd has 5 20 minute workouts on it. It even has Yoga on it and I don't care for Yoga.

http://www.collagevideo.com/item.aspx?item=6047

Chris only has some Prevention Fitness Workouts. You can preview some of the workouts on Collagevideo.com. Some aren't on that site, you can view them on Youtube. You can also buy them on Amazon.com. Chris is a good instructor. I think you would like her Prevention Fitness Systems workouts as well. She even have a combo set. Two workouts that's sold separately or sold together.
  • BigRich822
    BigRich822 Posts: 681
    Options
    I have always liked P90X workout Videos. Even though I only use them to supplement my own workout. I still enjoy doing them.
  • ProteinLovinMom
    Options
    Thanks everybody for the suggestions! I'm finally going to order a couple off collage today and when I reach my next goal I think I'll reward myself with few more!
  • briscottcoach
    Options
    Actually if you love dance, depending on how fit you are now, you'd probably enjoy either Turbo Jam or Turbo Fire (beachbody.com - not an affiliate link, I just love them).

Turbo Fire is like the advanced version of Turbo Jam, but you could do it on its own anyway.

It's basically like kickboxing with dance moves. Quite funky, great music and has HIIT workouts.

I've done Turbo Jam in the past and LOVE it, but have no room where I am to do some of the kick backs (20 min workout has a lot of that).

Bought Turbo Fire a while ago, started to do it but had other stuff get in the way, so I'm restarting next week. But if you love tae bo and dance, turbo fire would probably be THE BEST.

I bought Zumba... like it, but nothing at all like Turbo Fire / Turbo Jam. (Zumba is pretty much just dance except specific toning workouts... turbo fire is both all the time)

I was going to suggest Turbo Fire as well!!