Home alone & using the bathroom

Options
derposaurus
derposaurus Posts: 53 Member
If you're home alone or live alone, do you close the door when you use the washroom?

I remember talking to friends about this years ago that when I'm home alone I don't close the bathroom door. Whats the point? My friends seemed mixed on this subject.

Now that I live alone, I only close it when I'm using the shower and keep the heat in lol. What about you folk?

Replies

• StrengthIDidntKnow
    StrengthIDidntKnow Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    In my downstairs, the toilet is directly in front of the door. The door is directly in front of the window many of my neighbors walk in front of when they walk their dogs. So even if I am home alone, yes that door is always shut. I usually shut the door when I am upstairs, just out of habit. But I have kept it open, esp if it is an urgent situation.
  • kdc0587
    kdc0587 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Always shut. If I'm home alone, it's only opened when I shower
  • SkinnyFranchini
    Options
    I have a 3 year old and a 1 year old, I rarely am alone in the bathroom, or in any room of the house.
  • SageGoddess320
    SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member
    Options
    I'm married....and I never close the bathroom door. He doesn't mind.
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Married with a three and a half year-old and the only time the door is closed is when one of of wants to escape, lol.
  • onequirkygirl
    onequirkygirl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Only if I'm showering or feeling reclusive.
  • slashkiss
    slashkiss Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I only close the door if we have guests or I am wanting to hide from my Husband and 1yr old! Then they both tend to migrate to the door and bang or scratch until I come out.
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    I shut the door even when I'm alone, but I think it's more out of habit than anything else...
  • sbrBirdy
    sbrBirdy Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I have a 3 year old and a 1 year old, I rarely am alone in the bathroom, or in any room of the house.

^^ THIS! Only mine are a little older, but still. Even if they don't follow me in the bathroom, I don't dare close the door for fear someone will burn the house down. LOL
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    The only time my door is shut is when I'm doing #2 (if someone's home), if I'm showering and if my fiance's son's home. Otherwise it's always open.
  • littlebuddy84
    littlebuddy84 Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    I close it all the time. Just a habit at this stage!
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I actually forgot fairly recently, and there was a moment of shock when I realised what I'd done. Until I realised I was completely alone. Now, it's about 50/50. Habit thing.
  • Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    Open as I live alone... Quite liberating lol
  • Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I never close the door at home and occaisonally leave it open at work, but I'm almost always alone in the office.
  • cdcro
    cdcro Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    The only time my door is shut is when I'm doing #2 (if someone's home), if I'm showering and if my fiance's son's home. Otherwise it's always open.

As far as I know, no woman has ever gone #2
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    I keep the door closed due to the fact that my cat enjoys nesting in my pants/shorts at my ankles when I sit or batting at my stream if I stand.
  • fiveferrels
    fiveferrels Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    leave the door open, open if its cold when showering I will close it
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    If I'm home alone, definitely open. Otherwise the cats are banging the door and yowling.
  • rikkeeroos
    Options
    This is exactly what I believe, and I do not want to be told anything else. I have been married for over 6 years, and my wife assures me that she has never ever went #2.
  • ahealthy4u
    ahealthy4u Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Depends who is in the house “LOL” if we have company yeah sure I shut the door but if it is just family we don’t always shut it the bathrooms are way upstairs or way in the basement. I always shut it when taking a bath or shower to keep the warmth in but I never lock the door while in there just in case something happens.