clothing expenses

Options
How do y'all cope with the expense of frequently shedding dress sizes? I'm starting to go through this and want to see if there are any tricks to help my budget cover it.

Replies

• EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    Leggings and long tops.
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I don't. I'm currently wearing clown jeans because I can't afford a new pair. It was jeans or running shoes this month, and I went with the shoes.
  • LilSomethin
    LilSomethin Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I always find tons of jeans on clearance racks for $10-$20 at Kohls, TJMaxx/Marshalls, Old Navy etc. The expense sucks but if u are smart u don't have the shell out a ton of money.
  • meechi53
    meechi53 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Thrift shops, there's this fashion blog I read called Fab Finds under 50, the girl who does the blog has been on WW for about a year and has been losing weight, and she gets all these cute things for like 3 dollars, 5 dollars at the thrift stores. Very cute stuff too.
  • kimstwin
    kimstwin Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Try to just get a few pieces. Like right now, I wouldn't purchase long sleeve items as summer is coming! Don't overlook places like sears, jcp, or bealls for low priced items.
  • jrodx2
    jrodx2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Leggings and long tops.

This is what I do too. My jeans are about to fall off of me and I refuse to buy new ones right before the warm weather kicks in and then have to buy a new pair again in the Fall.

--
    Follow my FB Fitness Page!
    Be stronger than your excuses: Recipes and inspiration for a healthier life
    www.facebook.com/excusesareeasy
  • larue812
    larue812 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Goodwill, Consignment or second hand stores. Sometimes they have nice things. I agree with the gal who posted Kohls and TJ Maxx...also try Ross if you have those. Try to find forgiving clothes....things that will look nice now and looser. Belt loose tops and dresses. Avoid low cut for as you loose it might become lower. Soft fabrics drape around the body better as you loose, rather than fabrics with body which will stand out away from the body. And enjoy this problem!!!!!!!!
  • mammothdoll
    Options
    Wow, you guys are fantastic! Thank you!